China NT 2021

• With the approach of the Tokyo Olympics, the women's volleyball leagues in various countries have basically ended their domestic volleyball leagues. According to the FIVB regulations, on 18 April the women's volleyball league matches must all end, after which other women's volleyball competitions, such as the VNL and so on, all follow one after another. Therefore, women's volleyball teams from all over the world are rushing to quickly end the women's volleyball league. The Chinese Women's Volleyball Super League has been over for a long time.

From 6-13 April, the National Games qualifiers are held in Qinhuangdao (Hebei) and Weifang (Shandong) at the same time to select the teams that enter the finals. Lang Ping will be watching in Weifang, a competition among the 7 teams: Tianjin, Shanghai, Shandong, Beijing, Fujian, Guangdong and Yunnan. Guangdong team absorb 5 players ex-Bayi (I don't have their names), such infusion strengthens the team. Poor Yunnan among the mighty ones :-)

After that, the Chinese women's volleyball team will start the third closed training session in Ningbo to prepare for the friendly match against the host team to try the new Ariake Arena on May 1st. After that focus on the VNL... if the pandemic situation in Italy is not getting worse and event will continue, for after Easter the pandemic situation deteriorates.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited 2 times, last by samsara ().

• With the approach of the Tokyo Olympics, the women's volleyball leagues in various countries have basically ended their domestic volleyball leagues. According to the FIVB regulations, on 18 April the women's volleyball league matches must all end, after which other women's volleyball competitions, such as the VNL and so on, all follow one after another. Therefore, women's volleyball teams from all over the world are rushing to quickly end the women's volleyball league. The Chinese Women's Volleyball Super League has been over for a long time.

From 6-13 April, the National Games qualifiers are held in Qinhuangdao (Hebei) and Weifang (Shandong) at the same time to select the teams that enter the finals. Lang Ping will be watching in Weifang, a competition among the 7 teams: Tianjin, Shanghai, Shandong, Beijing, Fujian, Guangdong and Yunnan. Guangdong team absorb 5 players ex-Bayi (I don't have their names), such infusion strengthens the team. Poor Yunnan among the mighty ones :-)

After that, the Chinese women's volleyball team will start the third closed training session in Ningbo to prepare for the friendly match against the host team to try the new Ariake Arena on May 1st. After that focus on the VNL... if the pandemic situation in Italy is not getting worse and event will continue, for after Easter the pandemic situation deteriorates.

The qualifiers start today.....will appreciate any links to live coverage of matches, updated scores, reports etc.....in English is good, but in Chinese is ok also for me. Thanks 😃

• The Competition Schedule of Women's Volleyball Qualification Match 06~13 April 2021 (Qinhuangdao Division)

The Competition Schedule of Women's Volleyball Qualification Match 06~13 April 2021 (Weifang Division)

Sorry, I don't have any live or delayed link!

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• No worries, the schedules are great and I managed to find one or two links. I’ll post these wherever possible for viewing by those interested :bump:

• No worries, the schedules are great and I managed to find one or two links. I’ll post these wherever possible for viewing by those interested :bump:

The youtube link you provided “Occasional Sports Events” is cool, it has special interest in Volleyball :-)

偶然体育赛事 (“Occasional Sports Events”)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1ixvs-V-J7mfKekvBYpCFA

:: Youtuber from China with special interest in Volleyball incl. occasional live stream provider, such as the current National Games Women's Volley Qualification Round

• Only Jenny knows (or maybe she isn't sure...)

Most fans are predicting that the A team will show up.

I’m not sure about the A team showing up. The VNL is 25 May - 25 June, and the Olympics starts 23 July. Quarantine can be anything up to 2 weeks, even longer if someone on the same flight returns a positive test for Covid. This means players need to arrive in Tokyo by early July.

Also, in previous VNL there are several stops and coaches are able to field a different group of players each time. I’m not sure how many players are allowed this time, but I don’t think it’ll be a large group...maybe 14 -16 players. The team managers probably won’t want to exhaust their A team or risk injuries.

However, participation would also be beneficial as the national team have gone more than a year without international matches. :hit:

• I’m not sure about the A team showing up. The VNL is 25 May - 25 June, and the Olympics starts 23 July. Quarantine can be anything up to 2 weeks, even longer if someone on the same flight returns a positive test for Covid. This means players need to arrive in Tokyo by early July.

Also, in previous VNL there are several stops and coaches are able to field a different group of players each time. I’m not sure how many players are allowed this time, but I don’t think it’ll be a large group...maybe 14 -16 players. The team managers probably won’t want to exhaust their A team or risk injuries.

However, participation would also be beneficial as the national team have gone more than a year without international matches. :hit:

Yes, I can see both sides of the argument. If other NTs are sending their best players, you'd want to as well to not be the only team out of practice when olympics comes around.

But if everyone else is sending a B team, it's would suck to be the only A team there (now everyone can scout you)

I don't know if I've said it here before, but although I think that the A team will go, they won't play their main strategies/tactics.

Infection is a very unlikely situation, since they will be vaccinated. Not just because of their status as national team athletes, but anyone going on a business trip out of China is recommended to get vaccinated...

• Because of limits it looks like most teams will send around 17-18 players. If the main squad goes it'll probably look like this.

S: Ding Xia, Yao Di, Diao Linyu

OPP: Gong Xiangyu, Li Yao?

OH: Zhu Ting, Zhang Changning, Li Yingying, Liu Xiaotong

MB: Yan Ni, Yuan Xinyue, Wang Yuanyuan, Zheng Yixin, Yang Hanyu, Gao Yi

L: Wang Mengjie, Lin Li, Ni Feifan

They don't have other options available at OH/OPP if they want the players to rest against weak teams so maybe Lang Ping will call some new players to training after the National Games Qualifier is over.

• The Shandong vs. Beijing match have just started. This live streaming is not quite professional standard, reason being the camera couldn’t be moved back sufficient enough to capture the full court. The commentator said this court was normally used for training purposes.

• For VNL, max size of one contingent is 25 people, players + officials

Thing is uncertain at this moment, publicly, what kind of team China will send. How is the actual pandemic situation in Italy will be an important factor. Right now after Easter, situation is not good, restriction of no people outgoing of Italy is in place.

Personally I prefer China to abandon the tournament, not worth to take the risk when OG is so close. Or just send a team that won't play in OG.

• This match has a good, prof camera but the match is uneven :-) Tianjin is too strong

yes, the 2 matches took place in the same venue, but Tianjin vs Fujian was broadcasted by a Tianjin TV station whereas Shandong vs Beijing looks like a live stream done by a person playing with his mobile. Well, I suppose something is better than nothing.

Agreed, the earlier match was one sided :aww:

• isn't China the epicenter of the virus?

Right that it was Wuhan which was attacked at the very first time, but China managed to successfully control the attack by whole support from the entire nation and took iron-fist measure for the total lockdown of the whole city of Wuhan, with a population of about 11 million iirc. Quite a narrow escape approaching the eve of the Chinese New Year whereas Wuhan as the railway transportation hub in the central region is hosting extensive railway lines to the entire country. (But some reading mentioned that Lombardy in Italy, Iran, and Wuhan in China might have been attacked separately, they all experienced severity and virus strains were not exactly the same. Ofc it's hard to prove anything in this very muddy issue, possibly the most muddy happening in the modern world history... but just not everything in this world has its clear explanation, like the mystery of the Malaysian Airlines MH370 etc).

Wuhan was hit because the city was the host the 7th CISM Military World Games, 18–27 October 2019. You may wish to dig around VeteransToday.com to read the article written by Gordon Duff, its Senior Editor. Or at UNZ.com & GlobalResearch.ca, both sites have their own internal search facility, and hosting lots of articles on SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19, unsanctioned by the establishment :-)

Edited once, last by samsara ().