Turkish Men's NT 2021

• It looks like Burutay is also injured. No idea how serious. I hope he’ll make it to WCH.

forzalube Arslan is playing today so nothing serious, I guess.

ıt is not serious and he will play in wch.

• I mean we didn't really have much option. Who else could join as OH? İzzet?

Happy to see Kaan here.

he wasn’t in the wide roster so I don’t think he or anyone could. They should have been smart at the beginning. Bayram shouldn’t have been forced to play in that youth tournament while being injured. It was known Mandiraci wasn’t going to make it to WCH. A healthy player should been used in his spot.

• So many injured outsides🤦

Happy to see Ahmet Tümer and Mirza will be there. They both should be starters

• Allegedly, TVF made an offer to Vladimir Alekno.

https://dal15al25.gazzetta.it/…la-turchia-chiama-alekno/

Hope it is true. Finally, TVF has made a move towards developing NT. Otherwise, it would be such a waste of potential…

• Alekno may be washed-up tho, didn't make it out of the group stage at the Olympics with Iran, had bad couple of seasons in Zenit Kazan as well since Leon left with no success.

I know the whole context of local coaches and this necessity of hiring foreign coach in order to make further progress for Turkish Men's NT, but if TVF has to invest that much (because Alekno is expensive I suppose), I wonder if he's a correct name.

Alekno said it's just preliminary talk, not a specific proposal.

• Alekno may be washed-up tho, didn't make it out of the group stage at the Olympics with Iran, had bad couple of seasons in Zenit Kazan as well since Leon left with no success.

I know the whole context of local coaches and this necessity of hiring foreign coach in order to make further progress for Turkish Men's NT, but if TVF has to invest that much (because Alekno is expensive I suppose), I wonder if he's a correct name.

Alekno said it's just preliminary talk, not a specific proposal.

Agreed. I was also thinking the same if Alekno would be the right choice. Considering the last couple of years of his career. But I don't know. It could go both ways.

• I think he is already retired, at least mentally. Rumor has it he was paid 1 Million EUR just for VNL and OG by Iran, not even the whole summer. He would be better for sure considering how bad our current one is lol but federation has all the resources they need and I would like to see them using it wisely for once. Out of all the names I saw around, those are the best candidates for me; Verbov, Stoychev, Winiarski, and Hoag. Thougn, I have to state that Hoag has been a bit disappointing in the last few years but he is also the only one who knows how it works for our people. Our guys can be a bit handful.

• Unfortunately not really familiar with men side. I know he coached many top clubs, also worked in Turkey with Halkbank.

What do you guys think about him?

What's is TT btw?

I'd say he's good at working with teams. If you watched VNL 2021, he was the coach of Slovenia men's volleyball team who placed 4th as a newcomer to VNL. Coached them from Challenger to VNL and their silver finish at Eurovolley 2019. Looks like he's good at developing talent, so he'd probably do good with Turkish men's since you guys have talented young players to work with.

• I'd say he's good at working with teams. If you watched VNL 2021, he was the coach of Slovenia men's volleyball team who placed 4th as a newcomer to VNL. Coached them from Challenger to VNL and their silver finish at Eurovolley 2019. Looks like he's good at developing talent, so he'd probably do good with Turkish men's since you guys have talented young players to work with.

Oh right, he coached Slovenia as well.

Thanks

Honestly I would be fine with any name other than current one/any local one