2021/2022 Transfers News, Rumors & Discussion

• Also volleyball.it has Anderson playing as OH and Rychlicki as OPP? Interesting.

They also have Danani (L, ARG) in Trento, which I think would be great for both -- he's really good and an upgrade from Rossini imo.

I think Rychlicki in Perugia would mean Leon is leaving.

• By how Anderson described in Shoji's youtube clip, he played most of if not all his professional career as OH (NT does not count), but I think there might be discussion as OPP early on during the conversation with Perugia;

Very excited to watch Perugia vs. Lube next season for sure.

Indeed he played his whole career as an outside hitter. Since Stanley retired Sperow wanted him to take over the opposite position. USA didn't win anything really important since then... :aww:

• Indeed he played his whole career as an outside hitter. Since Stanley retired Sperow wanted him to take over the opposite position. USA didn't win anything really important since then... :aww:

2015 World Cup is kinda the one.

I mean when USA lost the game, most of the time started with terrible passing; so as OPP, Anderson is off the hook maybe? lol

• 2015 World Cup is kinda the one.

I mean when USA lost the game, most of the time started with terrible passing; so as OPP, Anderson is off the hook maybe? lol

It's just a commercial tournament. :win:

Important ones: olympic games and world championship.

• Giannelli officially in Perugia, there are rumors that Sbertoli may be his substitute in Trentino.

It looks like:

Giannelli-Rychlicki

Anderson-Leon

Sole-Russo (when he gets healthy)

Colaci

That's a powerhouse, a rivalry with Civitanova can go on another level next season. Only Rychlicki's transfer is a question mark at this point.

• Grebennikov in Zenit St. Petersburg

https://sport.business-gazeta.ru/article/264928

I was excited to see him play with Earvin in Modena ahhhhh

• Last season Brazilian finalists Minas announced 5 new players:

L-R: Maurício Souza (MB), Everaldo (S), Leandro Vissotto (OPP), Leozinho (OH), Matheus Silva (OH).

• Rychlicki isn’t the best choice but this line up is an upgrade of Anderson-Plotnysky-Leon anyway. And with the huge amount of money already spent on Leon, Anderson & Gianneli, it makes sense they choose Rychlicki.

Looking forward to watching the Leon & Matt duo again:love:

• Anderson was introduced as opposite by Perugia. :/

I wish we just signed Lagumdzija.

On the news they avoided in any way to refer to him as either opposite or OH, they only called him "martello", it looked like they didn't even decide yet :rolll:

I actually think Rychlicki is a good choice for Perugia, he's not a dominant scorer but he's reliable and having on the team someone like Leon he brings way more overall stability than someone like Nimir/Lagumdzija

• Rychlicki is not an improvement to ter Horst or Anderson as an OP. :gone:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Rychlicki is not an improvement to ter Horst or Anderson as an OP. :gone:

Might as well get Vettori as the OP and get better MBs or a libero tbh.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Naaah.

Vettori won't find a club in Italy, I assume, he's that good.

Might as well get Nelli/Pinali as Vettori is useless anyway.

Maybe that's true if Vettori plays in another club that doesn't have two good OHs atleast.

Nelli flopped in Russia where the league is weaker. No way in hell he'll find a club first before Vettori in Italy.

Anyway, Perugia needs a better MB/Libero more than an opposite.

I'm not saying they should get Vettori but Rychlicki isn't really an improvement as their stats are not that crazy far off considering Vettori was in a weaker team compared to Lube last season.

#FreeBritney

• Nimir officially in Modena.

Rossini has transferred back as well. I guess that means Jenia's not staying.

• Taubaté signed with Felipe Brito (MB, BRA) from BYU in the NCAA. Does anyone know how he did over there in the US? I only know they lost this year's finals to Hawaii.

• Taubaté signed with Felipe Brito (MB, BRA) from BYU in the NCAA. Does anyone know how he did over there in the US? I only know they lost this year's finals to Hawaii.

I won't pretend that I've seen him this season, but I know that he wasn't chosen to 1st or 2nd All-NCAA teams for best college players this year, although he was 4th-best blocking player and named in honorable mentions. So it looks that he wasn't considered one of the best players there among MBs, but was still decent on collegiate level.

https://www.avca.org/awards/al…ica-awards/di-ii-men.html

Here are NCAA-stats:

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/vol…d1/current/individual/523