Korean NT 2021

• With the possible leave of Queen Yeon Koung and the twins not returning anymore, the outlook for Korean NT volleyball is very, very bad. They need talents and preferably talents of 1.80+ cm.

More Korean players should play abroad to create a NT that is competitive against tall international teams instead of only V-league types of teams.

They should really try to keep Lavarini but I guess that will be hard with less talent and the leave of Kim. A foreign coach with deep knowledge of international volleyball is what they need.

It is *relatively* easy for Korea / Asian teams to qualify for OG but its gonna be hard if they don't start to change and innovate.

They are very very lucky to be a core team in VNL and assured of high level volleyball matches each year.

• The problem is Korean players aren't interested in going abroad because there's a decent system at home that they're very familiar with and offering good money. KYK was the rarity who tried new things and ventured out to foreign territories. Such huge respect for her to do that. It wasn't easy. When she first went to Turkey, I heard she had it very difficult due to not only language but other women looking down on her cause she was "Asian." Think about China and Japan, many of their athletes also play at home. It may be a cultural thing but they feel more "comfortable" that way.

• I think it's really easy for us to judge the team right now but the reality is they didn't really have much time to practice together. I believe it was only two weeks and Coach Lavarini was quarantined for two weeks when he landed in Korea so they all lost a lot of time.

China, on the other hand, had lots of time to practice (all of their players are home-team players) and same thing with Japan.

But regardless, I DO AGREE THAT KOREA NEEDS TO CHANGE THEIR VOLLEYBALL SYSTEM. We should all ransack their IG page and complain!!!!!

• last night's team the future of korean volleyball, yup, no KYK, Yang Hyojin, Kim Suji, Kim Heejin. (and if the twins were to never return)

Why cant they maintain their lead and close up 3rd set? :wall:

Lee Da-Hyeon might have a good chance for OG. Her timing is really good.

i think im bias... hahah.. but i really like Kim Da-In, cant wait to see more of her!

• Any improvement that you noticed?

I like Dahyun too, plus she can speak english well so easy to communicate with Lavarini😂 I think Kim Dain is better than Yeum Hyeseon but might be too early to judge. Need to see more of her

Tough match against DOM today

• Any improvement that you noticed?

I like Dahyun too, plus she can speak english well so easy to communicate with Lavarini😂 I think Kim Dain is better than Yeum Hyeseon but might be too early to judge. Need to see more of her

Tough match against DOM today

I must say the young MBs have good potential. and i wish the spikers will play smarter.

Yeom Hye-seon is by far the most experienced, but... she's under-performing which is worrying. W/o Lee Da-young, she should be the "lead setter", but she's just... not up to par.

the future korean team, arent going to win many int'l matches and will see their world rankings plummet.

ps: im still a novice at watching vball matches, just some thoughts about how the team played.

i think KYK will play against DOM tonight, but i dont have high hopes of them winning. Prove me wrong, team Korea!

• Yeom Hye-seon is by far the most experienced, but... she's under-performing which is worrying. W/o Lee Da-young, she should be the "lead setter", but she's just... not up to par.

the future korean team, arent going to win many int'l matches and will see their world rankings plummet.

She's inconsistent, even Lee Hyohee is far better than her. I'm not surprised if Kim Da-In take her spot to OG. Right now i think Da-In has the potential to connect well witk KYK, which could have been better. An Hyejin ofc connect well with LSY.

• Han da hye was Okay yesterday, not great though.

Da Hyeon really quick to implement Lavarini instructions.

I wish they would bring Lee Ju Ah too instead Han Song Yi.

setter Yeom is so inconsistent, one pass is so awesome (one hand back toss) and next one would be so bad, considering her age rotating Kim Da In and Ahn Hye Jin would be better.

• Yeom Hye Seon is still like what 6 years younger than Nootsara so she is still young! But yes considering her age, more rotation of Kim Da In. Ahn Hye Jin makes slow decisions and she is subject to nerves - honestly Pink Spiders setter might be better.

But no one is as good as Lee Da Young in terms of talent and skills at this stage. Let's see if back up setter of GS Caltexx - Lee Won Jeong- can fulfil the potential that Lee Do Hee saw in her earlier years and make a good fight with Kim Da In. If not the new Pepper Savings setter Gul Seol - might be able to grow into the next talent as well.