Brazil NT 2021

• I have no problems with Lucarelli-Leal as a starting duo, Lucarelli was reciving suprisingly well in Trentino, although in general he was rather disappointing, so this lineup makes more sense than it did in 2019 when Renan tried Mauricio because of reception concerns. I like Douglas, I hope he will improve further in Italy, but he's not better than Lucarelli or Leal, and it's not like he's a hero in a reception either. If he's ahead of Mauricio in a hierarchy, then I'm fine with that, if not, that's really weird, cause Douglas is a better player.

The main problem is OPP position, Wallace is still pretty good opposite, but he looks to be past prime, while two main rivals of Brazil have Mikhaylov and Kurek as vis a vis, Brazil was able to win World Cup because Alan was playing like the MVP of a tournament, and the same with Wallace in Rio. So, I just hope Alan will get back to his top shape very soon. Bruno may be underwhelming, but he was EXCELLENT past two Olympic games, so I'm not concerned here.

I feel sorry for Felipe. :( Alan-Darlan, with Wallace in a conversation if he still wants to play for NT, looks like a safe bet after 2021 and onwards.

• I have no problems with Lucarelli-Leal as a starting duo, Lucarelli was reciving suprisingly well in Trentino, although in general he was rather disappointing, so this lineup makes more sense than it did in 2019 when Renan tried Mauricio because of reception concerns. I like Douglas, I hope he will improve further in Italy, but he's not better than Lucarelli or Leal, and it's not like he's a hero in a reception either. If he's ahead of Mauricio in a hierarchy, then I'm fine with that, if not, that's really weird, cause Douglas is a better player.

The main problem is OPP position, Wallace is still pretty good opposite, but he looks to be past prime, while two main rivals of Brazil have Mikhaylov and Kurek as vis a vis, Brazil was able to win World Cup because Alan was playing like the MVP of a tournament, and the same with Wallace in Rio. So, I just hope Alan will get back to his top shape very soon. Bruno may be underwhelming, but he was EXCELLENT past two Olympic games, so I'm not concerned here.

I feel sorry for Felipe. :( Alan-Darlan, with Wallace in a conversation if he still wants to play for NT, looks like a safe bet after 2021 and onwards.

I actually think Douglas is at this point better than even Leal. He has better reception, a good service and his attack is honestly just as good, especially his pipe. If Brazil had won the last WCH, he'd be named the MVP for sure -- and that was 3 years ago when he had just turned 22. Now he's even stronger. Anyway, just my opinion tho.

Also regarding the part in bold, Roque might still be a contender post-Tokyo. Darlan might not develop into the player people hope him to be, who knows. His height is definitely against him.

• Also regarding the part in bold, Roque might still be a contender post-Tokyo. Darlan might not develop into the player people hope him to be, who knows. His height is definitely against him.

I didn't want to criticize Felipe after he suffered a severe injury, but to clarify my point of view, for me he's always been promoted more because of his height and being left-handed, than for being actually a NT-level player, this season, he was statistically two levels below Yadrian or Vissotto despite a fact he played in pretty stacked team for standards of Brazilian league, and it's not like 38yo Vissotto or Yadrian are some world-class players with all respect. If he really tore his ACL, that's almost a full year of break, if people expected him to develop due to his physical attributes, he'll be 25 next year with a lost season. But - again - I don't want to be rude in this unfortunate situation, I feel really sorry for a player and honestly wish that he will prove me wrong, I just think the next year Darlan will get the same treatment as the most talented OPP that Brazil has, Felipe was a back-up of Alan in 2019 and it's not like he was ready back then to really play for a NT in important games in absence of Wallace.

And to some point I agree with you on Douglas, I believe he's always had world class potential in himself and from time to time he has shown it already, but I don't think his two club seasons after 2018 WCH moved his career any further. This season he's been really great almost anytime he played, at least from what I recall personally, but it is an Olympic year and Leal is a proven player, and was an important part of a team already in 2019, while Lucarelli is the best Brazilian OH since 2013 or so. I really wish Douglas develops in Italy next year and utilizes his full potential, I'd go with Leal and Lucarelli as for now tho, and I think most coaches would do as well. But, like you said, it's just a matter of preference, so feel free to express your feelings. :)

• Vaccarali is that short?

• I think only in the 5th week. He has been suspended for 3 matches.

• Probably in between flights from Rimini to Brazil

• I'm watching the game between Italy and Brazil.

Is it me or Wallace looks constantly super pissed off? I don't want to seem rude, but he doesn't cherish much with the team, his expressions and body language are quite negative. Also Lucas doesn't care that much, he is playing but he doesn't add that positivity and determination that a team may need.

Is it me? What do you think guys?

• I think both have always played like this, Lucão plays a friendly match the same way he plays a golden medal match at the Olympics. There is no expression there. Wallace has this pissed off look especially when Brazil is behind on the score.

• I'm watching the game between Italy and Brazil.

Is it me or Wallace looks constantly super pissed off? I don't want to seem rude, but he doesn't cherish much with the team, his expressions and body language are quite negative. Also Lucas doesn't care that much, he is playing but he doesn't add that positivity and determination that a team may need.

Is it me? What do you think guys?

Lucão always looks like he's sleeping on court and Wallace rarely plays smiling, so nothing unusual about both of them imo.

The team does seem slow and bored today though. It happens sometimes.

• Thanks guys!

I know it's their expression, but today it's more evident than ever.

I mean, OK that you're in a bubble and you're not that emphatic but c'mon just smile sometimes :lol:

• Thanks guys!

I know it's their expression, but today it's more evident than ever.

I mean, OK that you're in a bubble and you're not that emphatic but c'mon just smile sometimes :lol:

No problem! The team usually gets into a slump where they're all moody and today is one of those days. I'm used to it at this point. lol

• I like Vacari he will be the next Murilo.

but the height is going to be the problem