Turkey-MCSL Misli.com Sultanlar Ligi 2021/2022

• Can you guys share opinions about regular season? Who do you think was the biggest disappointment? Who surprised you the most? Maybe a dream team?

Then I begin.

To be honest my biggest dissapointment was Nilufer. Never was a top team but at the end of the season last year, we saw hope and improvment - as I felt. This season they almost got trashed back to 1. ligi, I dont really understand what happened, because this big difference is not usual even if you lost your key players.

Maybe I am being a fan now, but for me it was Eczasibasi and Kuzeyboru.

Kuzeyboru’s second season in Sultanar Ligi and I think that they made a huge impact on the leauge. Not only beating Vakifbank, but did some nice matches and made some nice points. Overall they were weaker at the end, but I think when a team has player like Kuzeyboru, its nicely done to be in 5-8.

Eczacibasi got back its power a bit, as I noticed. Some questionable choices were definitely made by Ferhat, but I think they are stronger than last year, but on the same page they have so many young players - which I think in this season was a good investment unlike last year. This was probably because they got Maja and Bosko duo, but at the same time, I dont think also that they overplayed Bosko that much like last year. I hope that they can actually challange Vakif and Fenerbache this team, but I am almost sure that the CL ticket is already given to them.

• Most disappointing.... Nilufer is the obvious choice.... but maybe last year was an outlier #ThanksSWP.... otherwise I think Yesilyurt being in the league at all was a disappointment :lol::lol:

Most Surprising.... I'll go with PTT. I think they showed they were capable at times of playing with the big dogs... and if they had a healthy roster most of the season... they would've finished 5th. Otherwise, Mert Grup. Other than their slide to end the season.... they played better than I expected for a promoted team.

• I think Nilüfer's problem was injuries. They transferred a OPP(can't remember her name right now) she was injured before season started, they gave up on her. They went for Maglio as OPP which was a stupid decision. They got Melis Durul at last, she was also injured in some matches. But the OH position was the bigger issue. They got Bytsenko who is known for being inconsistent and injured. I don't know how many games she played this year. She was supposed to carry the team. Aslı-Hümay weren't going to work anyway. At least they were lucky and Fulden joined them.

• I think Nilüfer'e problem was injuries. They transferred a OPP(can't remember her name right now) she was injured before season started, they gave up on her. They went for Maglio as OPP which was a stupid decision. They got Melis Durul at last, she was also injured in some matches. But the OH position was the bigger issue. They got Bytsenko who is known for being inconsistent and injured. I don't know how many games she played this year. She was supposed to carry the team. Aslı-Hümay weren't going to work anyway. At least they were lucky and Fulden joined them.

were they the ones that tried to sign Spelman?

That would've been a tragic signing anyways imo. She wasn't great for Schwerin and is in France's second division right now

• were they the ones that tried to sign Spelman?

That would've been a tragic signing anyways imo. She wasn't great for Schwerin and is in France's second division right now

Yeah, Spelman it was.

Also Mislina Kılıç who was supposed play in Nilüfer had an ACL injury. An average/bad player but still

• Aydin was transferred Spelman not Nilufer. For me Galatasaray was a big surprise because I didn't expect Anthi and Alexia to play so good. Specially Anthi. I was really surprised when the first half of the season was end but I disappointed after because they destroyed everything in the second half. Also Ptt was a big surprise because we see the old strong Dimitrova and of course Amanda was really good. I like mert group because they play really good against in strong arrivals. Sariyer was a big disappointment. If they transfer a normal Opposite all could be different. The Thai girl should play as an outside because she is her position.

A for the player Gonzales ,Anthi, Alexia , Kiera , Paskova , Dimitrova ( she was always strong but less from the time wich return from her pregnancy) Buket and Amanda. Also I can say that gabi , Haak , Cansu ,Chiaka become Also better. Michelle didint have a good season.

• Eczacıbaşı Dynavit and Galatasaray played a friendly match.

Statistics👇

• For me the biggest dissapointment among players was Ilkin. She was showing lots of potential last season and everyone was cheering up for her to be in the NT. GS trusted on her and kept her on the court no matter what, but she seems like getting worse, not better.

Among the foreigners, I think Dimitrova and Gaila delivered way more than what was expected from them. Anthi also did an unexpected job, she was always solid in attacking but this season she was not a burden in receiving.

Among the teams, I can say Kuzeyboru and Aydin dissapointed me most, especially Kuzeyboru (if you don't count their 3-0 surprise win against Vakifbank). Some other teams were very unlucky such as Mert Grup Sigorta where Biryukova got injured and never came back or PTT with Helene Rousseux. Still I think PTT is the best performing team considering what was expected from them.

• Fener and Ecz will clash at least 3 times in 11 days at Kupa Voley (Turkish Cup) and Sultans' League semis.