Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2021/22

• Storck 9/11 in 1st set and Bock 4/5 :obey:

Dresden is super well prepared tactically. Imoudu in the few minutes on court showed that Schwerin is a different team with her than with Stoltenborg, if she could play full time the match would be more interesting.

• Dresden's performance is a tactical masterpiece by Alex Waibl, perfectly executed by the players on court :obey: Schwerin isn't even playing badly in any element, but Dresden always has the better answer!

Storck 15/20 after 2 sets :white:

• Supercup match:

Schwerin - Dresden 2:3 (17:25 18:25 25:17 25:18 10:15)

Stats

Very entertaining match overall, and quite emotional especially in 5th set. There was a 5 minute interruption due to a controversial challenge that made the score 10:5 for Dresden instead of 9:6, and Schwerin simply wouldn't stop discussing until Koslowski got a yellow card :aww: IMO from the challenge system images the decision was most likely correct so I didn't understand all the fuss.

As for the match, both teams are still work in progress. Dresden was playing on an incredible level for the first two sets and back to "normal" after that, especially Storck was more human then. Gray still hates her middles by the way :hit: but unfortunately Schwerin's middles weren't any better.

• Very entertaining match overall, and quite emotional especially in 5th set. There was a 5 minute interruption due to a controversial challenge that made the score 10:5 for Dresden instead of 9:6, and Schwerin simply wouldn't stop discussing until Koslowski got a yellow card :aww: IMO from the challenge system images the decision was most likely correct so I didn't understand all the fuss.

In an interview with the NDR, Ms. Imoudu spoke of several "unfortunate decisions" by the referees from Schwerin's point of view, which then led to the defeat in the tie-break. Can you explain what decision this 5 minute break was about? For example, I unfortunately couldn't hear them.

• In an interview with the NDR, Ms. Imoudu spoke of several "unfortunate decisions" by the referees from Schwerin's point of view, which then led to the defeat in the tie-break. Can you explain what decision this 5 minute break was about? For example, I unfortunately couldn't hear them.

Schwerin made an overpass, Strubbe pushed the ball over the net, Imoudu jumped to block and the ball landed out. First the referee gave the point to Schwerin, but Dresden challenged for block touch. The replay showed that Imoudu's finger indeed moved, but at the same time it looked like Strubbe still might have had her hands on the ball after Imoudu's touch. Imoudu and Koslowski discussed like mad with the referees, also in other angles of the replay it looked like there was no touch and the movement of the finger was just a "normal" movement. However I do understand the decision of the referees because to me it also looked like a touch.

• Great match.

I think the referees should have handled the controversial ball better. In my opinion there was no clear evidence for a touch, so they should have stayed with the call on the field. Additionally, what you cannot do is to check the video again after the challenge has been decided just because a team keeps protesting the call.

It was at 9:5 for Dresden though, so they probably would have won anyway.

In American Football, where there has been a video challenge system in place for quite a while, you have the same controversy from time to time. The rule is to stick with the initial call if there is no definite video evidence against it but from time to time there are different opinions on whether there was enough evidence to justify overturning a call in a specific case.

Despite that, I think it's great having a challenge system.

• I'll never understand those 180° twists in women's volleyball :gone: In 3rd set Schwerin suddenly discovered their serve and block and now it's a completely different game!

Once you manage to contain Storck, Dresden is struggling as they lack an offensive OH.

Schwerin seems more balanced in attack, but that's also because it looks like Laak is not (yet?) on the level of the top Opps in the league.

• I'll never understand those 180° twists in women's volleyball :gone: In 3rd set Schwerin suddenly discovered their serve and block and now it's a completely different game!

That's one reason why i love Women Volleyball :dance4:

• Once you manage to contain Storck, Dresden is struggling as they lack an offensive OH.

Schwerin seems more balanced in attack, but that's also because it looks like Laak is not (yet?) on the level of the top Opps in the league.

Schwerin will get stronger in the course of the season. Imoudu trained with the team just one week before the supercup and never played any of Schwerin's test matches. Yesterday's match was her first full match with the team. One could see that she needed the second set to really get a better connection with the attackers. I believe if she stays fit throughout the season Schwerin will be a contender for the title.