Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2021/22

• Nina Herlova are injured and didn't play this Season

"

Nächste Schocknachricht: Zweiter Saisonausfall beim VCW

Nach Joyce Ablavi Agbolossou muss der VC Wiesbaden für diese Spielzeit verletzungsbedingt auf eine weitere Spielerin verzichten. Der Bundesligist dürfte noch mal aktiv werden."

Only Payarticle

• someone make them call Nia Grant or Taylor Sandbothe ;(

• Herelova needs ACL surgery, apparently some old damage was discovered after she was in rehab due to knee problems all summer.

However, Wiesbaden decided to keep both her and Agbolossou for 22/23 season instead of terminating their contracts, which I find very responsible and remarkable! :flower:

• I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned here. But because I just listened to the volley talk and it came up there, I would mention it here again.

After Lenka Dürr's career ended, Dresdener SC signed Linda Bock at an early stage and she was clearly intended to be the first Libera. In addition, no further commitment by a Libera was actually planned. So you would actually have started the season with a Libera and, if necessary, would have picked up someone from the second team, similar to SC Potsdam or, in the case of Dresden, from the VCO.

Sophie Dreblow's transfer came about at her “request”. So she got into conversation about her management at Dresdner SC and then certainly communicated clearly that she is standing behind Linda Bock. Then the obligation came about, which in retrospect now turns out to be quite positive.

• Did anyone know if its possible to watch with the sport1 extra on more than 1 stream?

For example to watch 2 matches at the same time?

There are so few Informations. 😩

That depends on the ticket. If you have the VBL pass this should work. At least you have the right to see all the games. But I haven't tested it (yet). But on the two trial play days for the second division it worked that you could see several games at the same time.

• Regarding Sport1 extra: Is it also possible to rewatch the matches that Sport1 will show on TV?

Nowhere is this answered correctly. But based on the statement “The ‘VBL Ligapass’ includes all games in the women's volleyball Bundesliga (1st and 2nd Bundesliga) live and on demand for the entire season.” (Link) I would assume, based on the word “all”, that these games can also be viewed in retrospect.

• Stuttgarter Zeitung (on 2.10.) quotes Stuttgart's coach Alexandersson talking about young setter Hannah Kohn: "I've never seen a player develop so quickly" ( in the 5 weeks of preparation) He thinks she will be starting setter of Germany's NT in 2 or 3 years if she continues to work as hard.

Quite a lot of pressure to be put on an 18y old. The matches I watched where she played in second league were really impressive but she will have to show that she can also perfom on the bigger stage.

Looks like she will get some chance to play already this year. The other setters missed some of the preparation due to Eurovolley so she has an advantage in that respect.

• Stuttgarter Zeitung (on 2.10.) quotes Stuttgart's coach Alexandersson talking about young setter Hannah Kohn: "I've never seen a player develop so quickly" ( in the 5 weeks of preparation) He thinks she will be starting setter of Germany's NT in 2 or 3 years if she continues to work as hard.

Quite a lot of pressure to be put on an 18y old. The matches I watched where she played in second league were really impressive but she will have to show that she can also perfom on the bigger stage.

Looks like she will get some chance to play already this year. The other setters missed some of the preparation due to Eurovolley so she has an advantage in that respect.

Not only the Stuttgarter Zeitung reported on this, but also the SWR. There even Ms. Renkema said: “So far she is doing much better than expected. Maybe we didn't have to rely on three setters at all. She is very, very far.”

Link: MTV Stuttgart vor der neuen Volleyball-Saison: Das Finale ist das Ziel

• Not only the Stuttgarter Zeitung reported on this, but also the SWR. There even Ms. Renkema said: “So far she is doing much better than expected. Maybe we didn't have to rely on three setters at all. She is very, very far.”

Link: MTV Stuttgart vor der neuen Volleyball-Saison: Das Finale ist das Ziel

Wow....she seems to be really good! I wonder who'll make it earlier to the NT Straube or Kohn.^^

I'm curious how Stuttgart will manage to make 3 Setters happy this season...

• New season starts tomorrow, TV match will be Schwerin vs Potsdam at 18:30 :win: Other matches only through the pay service :gone:

I'm looking forward to seeing how Potsdam will do in actual competition, in the pre-season tournaments they looked quite strong. A preview article mentions that Ana Escamilla is injured, but no further details nor how long she'll be out. But even if she's healthy I'm afraid she might end up as 4th OH for them this season :|

• I'am in Schwerin tonight and hope I see a good match. A Tiebreak Game was not a surpsrise

Schwerin: Potsdam: 2:3

Stuttgart- Erfurt 3:0

Suhl- Aachen 3:1

Straubing - Münster 2:3

Wiesbaden- Dresden 1:3

Neuwied- Vilsbiburg 0:3