Chinese Female Superleague 2021/2022 (with 2021 Chinese National Championship)

• Were we too harsh on Shanghai? Maybe they really didn't know what to do LMAO.

At least the CVA could have establish the rule before teams sign their foreigners.:hit:

Last year they did the same thing, right before the season started they were thinking of not allowing foreigners at all after a handful of teams had already signed contracts. :mad:

• i wonder who knew.... explains why Beijing yanked Dixon's contract

idk if Beijing knew or if it was simply because they didn't have the money to afford two foreigners. They were supposedly going to spend whatever money they had left for Bjelica, but I guess uncertainty made her sign elsewhere which I don't blame her for.

• KYK released a statement that fans are guessing is related to CVA's new foreigner rule in the league.

"It looks gorgeous and good on the outside, but the inside is rotten and scorched. The bigger the bowl, the more it can hold, but the feeling that we can't even fill the bowl full. You may feel afraid of change, but now is the time for all of us to change it seems."

through google translate so it might be off... But it does sound like she's specifically talking about the league. The league "looks gorgeous and good...", the "inside being rotten" is probably about CVA :whistle:

South Korean media apparently interviewed someone that works for Kim's company and they revealed that when Kim and Larson signed contracts back in May it stated that there were no implications that they wouldn't be able to play simultaneously. South Korean TV stations also have bought broadcasts rights to the league, but now KYK won't even be playing all matches.

If CVA wants to add new rules for future seasons then they need to state it before the current season ends. FIVB needs to step in because this is ridiculous. :wall:

• time to ditch and both come to AU! lol

• "It looks gorgeous and good on the outside, but the inside is rotten and scorched. The bigger the bowl, the more it can hold, but the feeling that we can't even fill the bowl full. You may feel afraid of change, but now is the time for all of us to change it seems."

through google translate so it might be off... But it does sound like she's specifically talking about the league. The league "looks gorgeous and good...", the "inside being rotten" is probably about CVA :whistle:

The post is kinda cryptic so it's possible that she wasn't talking about the CVA but about IBK Altos volleyball club with their recent scandal. Cause I'm not so sure she'd poke at the association of another country, or maybe she was being cryptic on purpose and both interpretations are correct. :lol:

Off topic about the scandal: you guys can read more in the Korean Vleague thread but in short, IBK Altos became the most popular volleyball club in Korea this season thanks to the Olympic effect and the presence of the next hottest Korean volleyball girl Kim Heejin (looks gorgeous and good on the outside). They started the season by losing every match in the first round. A series of event happened and the head coach was sacked. Some allegations came out that the players on the team didn't like the coach so they underperformed in matches in order to kick him out (inside is rotten and scorched).

Kim always tries to raise the status of women's volleyball in Korea and things were looking up after the Olympics so I bet she was pissed when this happened.

time to ditch and both come to AU! lol

Larson was on it before we even knew :super:

• Zhuang Yu-shan was injured and she might also be about the knee as Wu Meng-jie...

Oh, my god!

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan