Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2021-2022

• I noticed that too. Her hits are way stronger on the left side though.

I agree. She was clobbering from the left

NEC finished that match with my dream lineup

• 2021.10.31 Results

Home [-] Away
    Set 1 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Stats Highlights

JT 3–0 Kurobe

25-15

25-20

25-17

75–52

YT

Hitachi 1–3 Denso

17-25

25-21

27-29

21-25

90–100

YT

Toyota 1–3 SAGA

19-25

20-25

28-26

20-25

87–101

YT

Himeji 1–3 NEC

25-23

17-25

19-25

21-25

82–98

YT

Okayama 1–3 Toray

16-25

25-22

20-25

21-25

82–97

YT

PFU 0–3 Saitama

25-27

17-25

18-25

60–77

YT

Kasumi Nojima ... VOM ... 8/16 , 4 blocks :rose:

• Kasumi Nojima is 181cm and built about like Yamada. She can dance ballet and respond to questions immediately with what's in her head rather than looking around hoping to spot a clue flying by. I hope she continues to develop and becomes more aggressive/violent in her attacks :super:

• Lorenne is doing good?

Judging by the stats, she wasn't doing very well until the last match, which was probably hers' and the team's best, with a strong win against PFU for 3 x 0. I watched some moments from one of last weeks Saitama match, when they lost to JT in a quite balanced match. It seemed to me that in the decisive moments the setter was avoiding setting to her. At this point it seems she trusts Uchiseto and Sato more, but that's understandable. They're still looking for the best connection. Next week Saitma will face Hisamitsu, which will be an interesting face off. I think with 3 rounds of baggage, we'll be able to assess Lorenne's performance better.

• Because we can never have enough Cioppi

• Why isn't everyone up in arms about this new serve style, trying to land the ball in front of the opponent's 3 point line?

• is that new? :lol::lol:

it's a good way to slow down certain OH's

Not new, but rampant. New that it's rampant

• I got curious about Toyota Messy Hair #13 Kasumi Nakaya

She joined Toyota Mid 2016/17 season after the All Japan Uni Championships in December with a reasonably good resume. Her team, NSSU, had just won Bronze (NSSU won 1 Gold, 1 Silver, and 1 Bronze while she was there).

During her tenure at NSSU she rostered with the U20 Squad in 2013 and won silver at the U20 World Championship (losing to Zhu Ting's China). I don't think she played at all but this appears to be where the hairstyle malfunction began:

She rostered for a couple Arisa Inoue style off-ramp tournaments (Universiade, Eastern Zonal) the next couple years with Arisa Inoue, of course, and several other notables. They Podium'd but I dunno if she played

She played a little with Toyota in 17/18 taking 145 swings. Then from 18/19 through 20/21 she took a combined total of 28 swings. She may have been injured in some way ... or who knows

It appears she came into V.League as a Uni girl with potential and nothing came of it. Maybe now is her chance to shine?

• Just watched the second Toyota v SAGA match. Comedy Gold <3

Toyota won the third set with Messy Hair #13 and #1 Hinata Shigihara in place of the Party Girls: Captain Yabuta and Cherry Blossom Girl. (Shigihara came on a couple years ago (from Furukawa Gakuen) and was supposed to be the new thing)

At 21–19 Toyota in the 3rd, Toyota did the two card switch and the backup setter got called twice for a double touch. Not to be out done, when Yamagami came back on after Toyota got set point taken away from them on some challenge I didn't understand, she dumped one over the net that would have been the set if she hadn't double-touched it over :rolll:

Wakaba Sugihara looks good in a Toyota uniform. Better than Kurobe. It's a shame Yamagami has no idea how to set middles in front of her. I feel bad for Hattaya. She's not quite dialed in yet but Yamagami is not helping her. At least Hattaya is blocking pretty well

#gogoToyota :super:

• Toyota won the third set with Messy Hair #13 and #1 Hinata Shigihara in place of the Party Girls: Captain Yabuta and Cherry Blossom Girl. (Shigihara came on a couple years ago (from Furukawa Gakuen) and was supposed to be the new thing)

These two are fun to watch! Their next match against Denso should be interesting: Toyota with a bad setter, decent attackers and KRob, Denso with Matsui and her pawns :super:

Another game I'm looking forward to watch this weekend: JT v Toray (I'm expecting 2-0 for JT, better if we get to watch two five-setters).

• These two are fun to watch!

I'm even getting a kick out of Toyota's libero. Help me :S

• If she can overtake Tanaka... or Hayashi... a bit difficult but :super:

Do you think it will come down to reception? Tanaka is old school, so I could see her being ousted by Yuki or even Yukiko, but Tanaka is a stable receiving machine. So is Hayashi. Hard to give that up

What I want to know is: Where is Manami Koyama :mirror:

• I'm catching up too, with the OK/Toray matches. Not nearly as fun as Toyota or PFU matches :cheesy: Can't figure out WTF the NoSmilers are doing. They look nervous

I didn't really notice Seki against NEC but she looks sharp in these OK matches --also nice and scrappy in the defense department. I love that. Seki's making a superstar out of Ogawa, although Ogawa also did well in that OP-py role in VCup with Shirai. She's going next level right in front of our eyes

• Do you think it will come down to reception? Tanaka is old school, so I could see her being ousted by Yuki or even Yukiko, but Tanaka is a stable receiving machine. So is Hayashi. Hard to give that up

What I want to know is: Where is Manami Koyama :mirror:

Yeah I was also looking at their stats to see what Yuki can do and as you said they both seem untouchable because of their reception (with Hayashi being slightly better than Tanaka). Nishikawa on the bench is a waste though :(