Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2021-2022

• I didn't really notice Seki against NEC but she looks sharp in these OK matches --also nice and scrappy in the defense department. I love that. Seki's making a superstar out of Ogawa, although Ogawa also did well in that OP-py role in VCup with Shirai. She's going next level right in front of our eyes

I don't remember if this is a new thing for her but in Toray v Himeji she defended zone 1 (on the right) instead of zone 5 after serving and left zone 5 to Noro (OH, temporarily OP because of Kurogo). I haven't watched Toray's other matches yet.

• Is anyone here familiar with Volley Station volleystation.com? Kurek said through Polsat Sport that his team uses it.

The Russian NT Coach that uploads videos on youtube gets it from Volley Station's Japanese division under Fuji TV. They have a twitter but not updated twitter.com/VolleyStationJP

Majority of the men's teams including the lower division and universities have started using Volley Station this season but upon checking the women's side, only one team seem to be using it currently Kurobe Fairies. The only ones available on TVP.

Who is VL's broadcasting/streaming partner now? since DAZN no longer supports them

• Who is VL's broadcasting/streaming partner now? since DAZN no longer supports them

I haven't heard of Volley Station other than JVA's official online store under the same name "Volleyball Station"

Gaora and NHK (BS1) broadcasts V.League but in general if you're not in Japan your best chance is VTV and that Russian Coach

V. League isn't available to stream via NHK afaik but there are some (like maybe 5 videos lol) NT replays and TV features on their website. Geoblock warning. https://www3.nhk.or.jp/sports/volleyball/

• Nishikawa on the bench is a waste though :(

V.League should institute some kind of Draft wherein the teams with the money to rent expensive foreigners are not allowed to also sign all the best players out of HS and Uni and keep them on the bench so the foreigner can play and other teams can't get them. Seems like a weird way to run a league

• V.League should institute some kind of Draft wherein the teams with the money to rent expensive foreigners are not allowed to also sign all the best players out of HS and Uni and keep them on the bench so the foreigner can play and other teams can't get them. Seems like a weird way to run a league

you have the two foreigner rule. Teams have never had to draft players. Back in the 80s, Yoko Zetterlund was approached as a high schooler to play for Hitachi, but with her mom as the Waseda University coach, she chose to play in college. Hitachi’s coach basically said you’ll never play for the national team in you go to college. Luckily for her, she had an American father and played for the USA. Eventually she signed with the Orange Attackers, now Springs….

• you have the two foreigner rule. Teams have never had to draft players. Back in the 80s, Yoko Zetterlund was approached as a high schooler to play for Hitachi, but with her mom as the Waseda University coach, she chose to play in college. Hitachi’s coach basically said you’ll never play for the national team in you go to college. Luckily for her, she had an American father and played for the USA. Eventually she signed with the Orange Attackers, now Springs….

Haha, I thought that name was a google word salad (had it as Zetterland so I couldn't find her) -- she commentated the Hitachi/Denso match last week. Nice voice, like a lullaby

I wondered about the Uni-Black-Hole issue a while back. Where is the love? But I've concluded Uni players just don't get re-tweetfarted as much as HS players entering V.League. So it's a non-issue

Maybe next summer NEC's bench will all transfer to Kurobe and JT's bench to Toyota ---not that Toyota needs any help :super:

• I find it a little weird that Klaric agreed to play for V2 was she supposed to be PFU's foreign player? considering she's the only foreigner there and Gunma is already strong enough without her. But maybe they are gunning for Kurobe Aqua Floppies as someone else mentioned before.

• Kurobe Aqua Floppies

8):D:rolll:

;(

• Toyota has not won a single game? they need urgent help unless they wanna fall to Klaric's team and they take their spot in V1

I believe in Toyota. Kurobe is at more risk, I think

• I don't know anything about this Klaric player but I don't think Gunma Bank is strong enough to be sure of anything without this BCS move. She's there for the Challenge Match.

Gunma seems to have a proud and substantive volleyball culture. They used to be a 9-ball team and dominated for decades until the National Sports Festival eliminated 9-ball competition in 2010.

The top four teams in V2 now all have real coaches. If they all load up on BCS next year we might see the beginning of a new era of movement between V1 and V2 like in the olden days before my time. I think teams like Denso, Saitama, and JT used to go back and forth and used imports while in V2

• Nishikawa should just move to Denso or Hitachi and run things with Nonaka

Nonoka is not playing this year :( I understand Fuyumi is a much bigger offensive weapon , but Hitachi is not doing very well. I wish they'd try Uesaka, Nonoka, and Murooka as the three pins, see what happens. Murooka really kicks up the defense when she's on

• Kurobe News

We would like to inform you about the diagnosis result of Sayu Masuda (C) who was injured during the match of the Osaka tournament on Saturday, October 30th.

The diagnosis results are as follows.
    【Diagnosis】
    ・ Rupture of the anterior cruciate ligament of the left knee
    ・Lateral meniscus injury

• Mayu Ishikawa’s brother suggested her to go abroad (possibly Italy, which sounds quite impossible to me given her height) and she’s thinking about it.

Where did she say that? Yuki has no power over JVA blocking them to make sure boys like Ran Takahashi and his bestfriend from Waseda get their placement in Italy first. Not to mention people would scream nepotism if only she got to go while Japan's power ace Koga will stay behind.

• Kurobe News

We would like to inform you about the diagnosis result of Sayu Masuda (C) who was injured during the match of the Osaka tournament on Saturday, October 30th.

The diagnosis results are as follows.
    【Diagnosis】
    ・ Rupture of the anterior cruciate ligament of the left knee
    ・Lateral meniscus injury

Yoshino, Aratani and now this girl I'm not even sure who this is but the ratio of ACL injuries is worrying. Shouldn't there be some form exercise that helps strengthen that leg area

• Yoshino, Aratani and now this girl I'm not even sure who this is but the ratio of ACL injuries is worrying. Shouldn't there be some form exercise that helps strengthen that leg area

I saw in an interview somewhere I think it might be Fe Garay and she said volleyball players should practice landing on both feet and bending properly to lessen the force or something. I think that may be the # 1 trigger for non-contact ACL ruptures. Nagaoka for example lands on her dominant foot and doesn't bend her knees because once she lands on her dominant foot her other foot is already in another position which adds further stress on the leg where she landed.

• Was Mabashi acl injury too? Kurobe down with 2 of their best players

ACL busts are also common with skiers. Especially notorious during X-games. I used to skii but not at that level obvs. It is common knowledge to land evenly everytime to prevent injury. I don't play volleyball so I wouldn't know how hard it is to land on both feet but coaches should make sure to always remind players proper form. All that conditioning wouldn't help if your landing form is bad. Sakoda never had that problem because she lands on both feet.