Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2021-2022

• What about Bamrungsuk is she not good?

She's finding her stride and doing quite well

• I wonder if Tsukuba or whichever top uni as a whole would be better than Toyota and Kurobe combined. Will they meet during Empress Cup?

Empress Cup 1st Round matchups

Club Ehime v Kurobe Aqua Floppies (if Kurobe loses that they should pack it up. Ehime is famous for having only 8 housewives on their roster)

Tsukuba v Brilliant Aries (should be a close match. Aries isn't looking very good so far this year. Sadly)

Toyota Body Queens v Tezukayama University (hard to say. Tezukayama is good, but in the Tier 2 Region)

• I stand by Toyota :rose:

The loss of Araki is huge, but maybe less about her blocking and more about when they were getting killed and everyone asks "What do we do now"? Araki would have something to offer, game-wise. Mioko is wonderful but more of a "Choose to compete" kinda captain

Krob is a giant upgrade over Sorokaite. Sorokaite never won any games for Toyota and her Euro-pouty demeanor was a slog on the team ... but she was an un-moving OP so the rotation was clear. Toyota's tried Mioko at OP for half the games and Cherry Blossom Girl or Messy Hair girl the other half. They're still messing about. Can't win while messing about

A reliable 2nd OH would go a long way in solving their problems. Cherry Blossom Girl is not that girl. Toyota just needs someone to come to the rescue :)

• Hisae Watanabe, mama:

<3

• who is cherry blossom girl i swear i cant keep up with all these nicknames. is that the highschool star?

their main mediocre setter and libero needs to be benched asap.

• Cherry Blossom Girl
    Sakura Kurosu

• Someone took this picture of Yukiho Hara over the weekend at the Toyota v Hitachi match. Does this kind of practice therapy give any insight as to what kind of injury she has or how far along it is?

#desperate

• Someone took this picture of Yukiho Hara over the weekend at the Toyota v Hitachi match. Does this kind of practice therapy give any insight as to what kind of injury she has or how far along it is?

#desperate

Not an expert on this but seeing as how she's sitting on a stability ball it might be spinal related? my nan had severe back pain, her pt would also make her sit on a stability ball with a brace on.

• in the latest issue of monthly vb araki interviewed seitoku's aces and their ancient coach who i think still coaches the team. but from the translation i saw the girl on the right transferred from hachioji to seitoku. do you recognise them sitenoise

The girl on the right is MB/OP Airi Furukawa. 2nd year. I don't think she transferred from hachioji. I've never heard of that happening and she's been seen with seitoku for a couple years

The girl on the left I'm pretty sure is MB Reiko Tanaka, 3rd year . She might show up in V.League this winter

I'm not sure about the girl in the middle but it doesn't look like either their OH or OP ... who I think are the 'aces'

What's the link to the article ... or is it in the paper version?

• Not an expert on this but seeing as how she's sitting on a stability ball it might be spinal related? my nan had severe back pain, her pt would also make her sit on a stability ball with a brace on.

that's not good :(

But I know we don't know. Maybe she just enjoys those balls :)

• Not an expert on this but seeing as how she's sitting on a stability ball it might be spinal related? my nan had severe back pain, her pt would also make her sit on a stability ball with a brace on.

sorry but is that not a birthing ball? my wife used that kind of ball and i distinctly remember having to buy it as birthing ball when she was pregnant as advised by the doctor for easier labor

randomly popping in to say both of these are correct, but these balls can be used for everything, from strengthening to mobility exercises and to relaxation techniques, so I wouldn't draw any conclusions from this. also sometimes they're just comfy places to sit on too lmao

• Article is from Nikkan Sports but it's now for subscribers only that's why I had to check here. I can't remember the name of that grandpa coach. I don't know why that site closes its articles there's some kind of time limit as to when the full article is free to read. Japan Times too now I can't read any of their articles

• Article is from Nikkan Sports but it's now for subscribers only that's why I had to check here. I can't remember the name of that grandpa coach. I don't know why that site closes its articles there's some kind of time limit as to when the full article is free to read. Japan Times too now I can't read any of their articles

rats. Yoshiki Ogawa is the coach I think for 40 years !

Maybe the girl in the middle is another MB and Araki is talking to their MBs?

I like to read Mark Schilling in Japan Times and know about that sub business starting up. I'm still able to get full articles using an RSS reader

• rats. Yoshiki Ogawa is the coach I think for 40 years !

Maybe the girl in the middle is another MB and Araki is talking to their MBs?

I like to read Mark Schilling in Japan Times and know about that sub business starting up. I'm still able to get full articles using an RSS reader

Yeah, that's likely it. This was asked before but why again do they make it mandatory for hs female players to get bowl cuts? I don't see the point of that tradition. It just seems like a very military thing to do

• Yeah, that's likely it. This was asked before but why again do they make it mandatory for hs female players to get bowl cuts? I don't see the point of that tradition. It just seems like a very military thing to do

Seitoku players also have to don the headband. Kurogo perfected the bowl cut with headband look :rolll:

• who is cherry blossom girl i swear i cant keep up with all these nicknames. is that the highschool star?

their main mediocre setter and libero needs to be benched asap.

I know! I'm still waiting for sitenoise to nickname someone Manic Pixie Dream Girl. ^^

randomly popping in to say both of these are correct, but these balls can be used for everything, from strengthening to mobility exercises and to relaxation techniques, so I wouldn't draw any conclusions from this. also sometimes they're just comfy places to sit on too lmao

I'm afraid of those gigantic balls... :white: I know some people enjoy them, but one time I had to do one physical therapy session with a mean military-like physical therapist who wouldn't really talk to me and ever since that I stopped finding the profession cool. No offense! :S