Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2021-2022

• Wakky... Kurobe's new analyst. What a dumbass he shared a photo of Klaric in her casual clothes and said Jordan Larson will play in V2

That dude posted his nonsense with such attitude too :down:

• It's a tough coaching job for Toyota. Two brand new foreigners, a bunch of high school kids, a setter and libero of questionable ability ... and queen Yabuta :rose:

It's why I think Yukiho Hara is their biggest miss. She's a big girl with experience. Even if she returns it will be after many months in rehab , probably an ACL

They might land someone helpful in the next month or two as the HS and Uni players start signing up. I hope they prioritize Uni girls

Ace Yabuta. What's her first name? Yabuta doesn't suit her

Who is the leading uni rn?

• Ace Yabuta. What's her first name? Yabuta doesn't suit her

Who is the leading uni rn?

Mioko or Miyoko, which I think is a lovely name. I haven't used it because I didn't think she was on a first name basis with our forum. From now on she's Mioko :rose:

I think any pin hitters that could possibly 'start' soon after arrival would come from HS. Uni has better MBs and a couple setters. If Toyota could land NSSU setter Hitomi Shiode (Matsui-like, without the personality), HS Champ Shujitsu OH Megumi Fukasawa, and/or Tsukuba OH Kurumi Takama, Mami Yokota's little sis Sayaka (Tokai U) MB, that would be fun

• Mioko or Miyoko, which I think is a lovely name. I haven't used it because I didn't think she was on a first name basis with our forum. From now on she's Mioko :rose:

I think any pin hitters that could possibly 'start' soon after arrival would come from HS. Uni has better MBs and a couple setters. If Toyota could land NSSU setter Hitomi Shiode (Matsui-like, without the personality), HS Champ Shujitsu OH Megumi Fukasawa, and/or Tsukuba OH Kurumi Takama, Mami Yokota's little sis Sayaka (Tokai U) MB, that would be fun

Mioko sounds so much better. I need to remember that

I read via https://twitter.com/tsumiki_volley/ who does Haruko updates. A survey says most HS kids for both genders want to go to uni instead of join clubs. It could be Ran Takahashi and his friend's influence (both in the NT) considering they're both never going to do VL. I wonder how that's going to work out for the girls. Manabe for one ditched VL for students games

• Hochi had an article like that too. I think the main reason for that is most talented kids regress in clubs especially the timid ones like Kato or they rot in V2 and eventually lose interest

Yeah but wasn't Hayashi from Kinrankai. She started out pretty timid too and came to a team with a bunch goofballs with strong personalities. She blended in just fine

• Yeah but wasn't Hayashi from Kinrankai. She started out pretty timid too and came to a team with a bunch goofballs with strong personalities. She blended in just fine

Hayashi may look like that but she's far from being timid. If you follow her on Instagram you get the vibe that she's definitely a big weirdo too. Kato is more like an introvert. Not saying introverts don't work well with others it's just she's more like a doormat at Saga and not one likely to seize an opportunity. Some kids are very aggressive when they want something and coaches can't say no to a degree

• Hayashi may look like that but she's far from being timid. If you follow her on Instagram you get the vibe that she's definitely a big weirdo too. Kato is more like an introvert. Not saying introverts don't work well with others it's just she's more like a doormat at Saga and not one likely to seize an opportunity. Some kids are very aggressive when they want something and coaches can't say no to a degree

Weirdos are the strongest kind :evil:

• Mioko sounds so much better. I need to remember that

I read via https://twitter.com/tsumiki_volley/ who does Haruko updates. A survey says most HS kids for both genders want to go to uni instead of join clubs. It could be Ran Takahashi and his friend's influence (both in the NT) considering they're both never going to do VL. I wonder how that's going to work out for the girls. Manabe for one ditched VL for students games

that's ok for now due to the pandemic but once JT competes at the world club championships kids will be lining up for clubs again.

ebata came from v2, ran straight from uni, those are exceptions which isn't applicable to a whole lot. had valdes played in a uni would she even stand a chance at nt?

• that's ok for now due to the pandemic but once JT competes at the world club championships kids will be lining up for clubs again.

ebata came from v2, ran straight from uni, those are exceptions which isn't applicable to a whole lot. had valdes played in a uni would she even stand a chance at nt?

Valdes case seems to be eerily similar to Miyabe. She already has hype so regardless of where she landed they'd pay attention to her performance. We can't even say for sure that she's NT worthy.

Japan seems to be against getting teenagers in the NT. Who was the youngest in history to join the NT?

• As I said before the season. Toyota lost its best blocker and starting opposite, let alone captain in the off-season. Sorokaite wasn’t great but the offense went through her. Kelsey is a good player, but she can’t be the focus of the offense. Sadly in Japan with many foreigners that is the role as the opposite. With Kelsey being an all around player, she’s going to have too many swings and with a team with so little offense that is not her, it is a big struggle. Kelsey I think is doing fine, but the rest of the roster is not helping.

• I googled Karla Klaric and tbf I see the resemblance to Larson. Still who does that lmao you would think an actual analyst would know this stuff... unless he was joking