2021 U20 Women's World Championship

• Where is Popova? I was surprised to not see her here...

I don't even know what happened to her. Russians haven't even posted about the U20 squad on their page :rolll:

• I was looking for a squad last night and I couldnt find anything.

I have a feeling this isn't the best U20 team Russia has, right? Missing a few players (and well Arina of course)

Yep. I think with the missing players (I don't consider Arina because she isn't part of this generation), Russia is a medal contender. Now they are nearly to be eliminated in the first round :gone:

• I just want to know which of the Russians is a Yuan stan.... this screaming is too much

I think the setter was the screamer :whistle:

• Catching up

ARG / BRA went deuce all three sets. ARG played well ... until deuce. I like ARG. They just need to learn how to close

It's a shame you can't find out anything about the players from the FIVB web site :(

• Catching up

ARG / BRA went deuce all three sets. ARG played well ... until deuce. I like ARG. They just need to learn how to close

It's a shame you can't find out anything about the players from the FIVB web site :(

time for you to hunt down all of the information :teach:

I can give you USA's :lol: (if you watch that match, you'll love the defense of the liberos)

• time for you to hunt down all of the information :teach:

I can give you USA's :lol: (if you watch that match, you'll love the defense of the liberos)

I had a busy day but peeked in on the USA match earlier when you mentioned the libero. She looks jumpy. I like jumpy. I'm watching Turkey Thailand now. Will work on USA RUS next probably.

I'm learning challenged though. I need pics and vitals to refer to and some gushing prose in the forum here, otherwise not much sticks

• E53_1x_VoAMvOHo?format=jpg&name=medium

Libero looks tiny with Kim Hill standing over her

• This is kind of a drag trying to speed through these matches. I can only get a few 5 sec jumps in before it goes to buffering hell. I may give up

Turkey #7 is the only one who sort of does the wounded giraffe serve approach. The others only hint at it with a quick stumble skip. That's disappointing

TUR MBs look good. The tall one seems like she's ready for employment. Like the southpaw too. Not many Turkish lefty hitters, are there?

[edit] ah, the setter is a lefty

• Just started USA RUS. There's some good defense going on from Team USA not limited to the libero. I wish I would have DL'd the matches earlier. I can't speed through them satisfactorily on the YT stream, and can't devote 90 minutes or more to a match

• This USA RUS match is a lot better than the first two. Did I read this isn't really RUS best players in the category? #8's got an arm on her. USA play style is very USA. Both teams seem quick to react to goofy balls. I love that

• avid what's the story with USA #5? She's got a Neriman-esue slingshot swing

[Edit] so does the tall girl with the hair. She's seems deceptively good. Nice OH duo

Russia #5 looks like a troublemaker. Points for that. #1 MB is deadly with a good set. And #8, holy smokes

• This USA RUS match is a lot better than the first two. Did I read this isn't really RUS best players in the category? #8's got an arm on her. USA play style is very USA. Both teams seem quick to react to goofy balls. I love that

Russia played nice just the first two sets :whistle:.Well, the libero, the 2 MBs and the 2 Opps are the best Russia has... they just miss 2 OHs (Kadochkina and Gatina) and the setter Popova (even Matveeva is part of this team, but she'll play OG). I don't know what happened to them.

Russia depends on what the OHs do, sadly. They will be targeted agaisnt Turkey.

• Turkey's main MB is not here. İlayda uçak. She had a phenomenal season but get injured at the end of season