2022 Women's Volleyball Nations League

• This guy says "out" like he's Canadian. Is he?

• Has Herbotts ever wimped on her jump serve? She seems like she has no conception of what even momentary self doubt might be :box:

• Looks like Krob's knees are enjoying the non-wood floor :rose:

• Waking up to news that Japan was handed their first defeat by… NETHERLANDS was incredible. Love Japan but the unexpectedness of it all! I guess this is what the VNL is all about 😂

Manabe decided to get Ishikawa the court and Miyabe some playing time. It disrupted the first 6 that played consistently in the last matches. Of all teams really.

Now i'm worried because the next opponents they have are also very strong

• Manabe decided to get Ishikawa the court and Miyabe some playing time. It disrupted the first 6 that played consistently in the last matches. Of all teams really.

Now i'm worried because the next opponents they have are also very strong

I don't get the hype about ishikawa. i hope she's not there just because her brother is famous.

• I don't get the hype about ishikawa. i hope she's not there just because her brother is famous.

I don't think Ishikawa has hype :/ but I don't do social media

• I don't get the hype about ishikawa. i hope she's not there just because her brother is famous.

I think the hype about her was that she played well and could hit strong spikes despite her height, and it was heightened because of her sharing the same name as the beloved men's captain. Mayu herself might not appreciate how they always associate her with her brother even when they're posting a video of her playing, and it fuels her desire to improve (mentioned during an interview a long while ago I think, no link tho).

But I'm not sure why this year, she's been pretty watered down compared to last year's VNL. It can't just be because she's been "pushed aside" by Inoue, because if that was the case, wouldn't she be more on fire when she gets the chance?

But I digress, because in a team sport, anything can happen. One person can't carry the whole team sustainably

• I think the hype about her was that she played well and could hit strong spikes despite her height, and it was heightened because of her sharing the same name as the beloved men's captain. Mayu herself might not appreciate how they always associate her with her brother even when they're posting a video of her playing, and it fuels her desire to improve (mentioned during an interview a long while ago I think, no link tho).

But I'm not sure why this year, she's been pretty watered down compared to last year's VNL. It can't just be because she's been "pushed aside" by Inoue, because if that was the case, wouldn't she be more on fire when she gets the chance?

But I digress, because in a team sport, anything can happen. One person can't carry the whole team sustainably

I was also expecting her to kind of take her aggression out when she got the chance to be in the first 6 again. I hope she doesn't get Kurogoed ( mental breakdown). It's hard if people have high expectations and she can't deliver.

• If JWO was European, she’d be the best setter on the continent

If she was European, she wouldn't be a starter in any of top teams in Europe so probably she would have switched her position :roll:

Now that popovic is retired maybe serbia can use her😂