Japan Women's NT 2022

• Where is she from? or was she born in Japan?

Here's an article that talks about her scholarship to play with Furukawa through 2023 and says she will also play "with a Japanese

League contracting team during the 2023, 2024 and 2025 seasons under conditions to be discussed with their home federation"

• Here's an article that talks about her scholarship to play with Furukawa through 2023 and says she will also play "with a Japanese

League contracting team during the 2023, 2024 and 2025 seasons under conditions to be discussed with their home federation"

Interesting.

They should turn her into an OH, she's got a good swing and a decent vertical. A little slow but she's only a sophomore so that can be corrected easily.

• Here's an article that talks about her scholarship to play with Furukawa through 2023 and says she will also play "with a Japanese

Where is Daichi Saegusa now? he's no longer listed under JVA's staff. I remember he worked with Seitoku's ancient volley sensei. He was one of the pro-height coaches and was always keen on scouting the tallest girls.

• Where is Daichi Saegusa now? he's no longer listed under JVA's staff. I remember he worked with Seitoku's ancient volley sensei. He was one of the pro-height coaches and was always keen on scouting the tallest girls.

I guess he left when Aihara took over. The anti-height or more like work-with-what-you-have coach

Alondra is eager to reach the top, saying, "I want to be the best in Japan. I want to do my best to practice for that." She will be the core of the team in both offense and defense, and will call for victory on the national stage.

https://hochi.news/articles/20211031-OHT1T51011.html?page=1

Tapia said the exact same thing as Valdes

• I guess he left when Aihara took over. The anti-height or more like work-with-what-you-have coach

lol smack down

• Seitoku's legendary coach Yoshiki Ogawa aka The Starmaker. He watched all of Mayu's I mean Toray's home games this season.

Did he ever coach for the NT?

• Seitoku's legendary coach Yoshiki Ogawa aka The Starmaker. He watched all of Mayu's I mean Toray's home games this season.

Did he ever coach for the NT?

No. He always said that he was primarily a GUTS coach. Guts is the Japanese term for fighting spirit. Ogawa believes in nurturing the youth than guiding players who are already at their peak or reaching peak. And as he got older, there were younger coaches who were fighting to coach the U-squads.

• NEC had a send off video posted last April 12 where they showed their players leaving, and riding the car to go to the NT Training Camp. Haruna Soga is with them.

I think she was there at day one. Up there could be wrong :lol:

• Phoenix can you elaborate on those tryouts? I've seen V2 teams announcing tryouts but I wasn't aware that JVA had it too.

It's an open program/development program that goes by JVA Elite Academy but it was under a different division when former Olympic flops Hideyuki Otake and Masa Ogino ran it after the 2008 Olympics. That was the period of drought for men's volleyball so the program was initially a project focused on discovering potential among young boys. Otake is still there btw. They're usually joined by board members, with the only exception being Yoko Zetterlund who was never part of the board of directors.

Mayu Ishikawa auditioned for it. And the now defunct Sendai Belle Fille was formed from the girls that auditioned there with their coach Nobu Kuzawa another NT staff who was part of the scouting team.

• I think she was there at day one. Up there could be wrong :lol:

I think that's all right now, Yokota has short hair these days, and it illuminates the tall one as Yamanaka :thumbup: