China NT 2022

• YXY underperformed maybe she wasn’t 100% healthy. I notice you hardly see all of the players in CNT bandage or wrap free on their bodies in every senior international tournament even before it begins. There is something wrong / flawed in their training. Do they have real professional trainers who implement the various and correct training techniques/ workouts? During and at some point under JLP time, they had Rhett Larson and an Italian trainer under their care. Going overboard isn’t going to be beneficial.

The simple answer to this that we have known for a long time is overtraining and improper form. More is not better and especially if you are not doing them correctly.

It's also not good that a lot of Chinese clubs follow the same bad practices. CVA needs to update the strength and conditioning not just on the NT, but also within their clubs.

• Just pretend you are watching a very bad movie directed by Cai Bin and everything will be fine. There is a sequel coming btw. See you guys at the premiere.

• Just pretend you are watching a very bad movie directed by Cai Bin and everything will be fine. There is a sequel coming btw. See you guys at the premiere.

Cai bin could've subbed wang yizhu in for wang yunlu for 3 front-row rotations in a couple of sets and it would've been an easy 3-1.... this guy actually has no strategy whatsoever, just puts the usual 7 in and sits there like a dumpling.

• How many members are there in Cai Bin’s staff(assistant coaches, statistician, doctor/ physio, etc)? The same number of personnel as JLP had? Does Cai Bin list down or take notes of the matches as we saw JLP did?

He doesn't even remember all the names of his own team so....:whistle:

• How many members are there in Cai Bin’s staff(assistant coaches, statistician, doctor/ physio, etc)? The same number of personnel as JLP had? Does Cai Bin list down or take notes of the matches as we saw JLP did?

For VNL pretty sure it's the same amount as Lang Ping and every other NT, but I think Cai Bin had extra assistants/helpers in the gym when he decided to call 60+ players for NT training.

• For VNL pretty sure it's the same amount as Lang Ping and every other NT, but I think Cai Bin had extra assistants/helpers in the gym when he decided to call 60+ players for NT training.

18 outsides (21 listed - Zhu, Zhang, LYY), and the genius comes up with Wang Yunlu/Jin Ye.

literally picked the worst libero too.

• Do you want to hear what Wang jiawei, one of the legendary men's volleyball players and coach in China, who also coached Cai Bin, have to say about this?

I feel like he knows his stuff obviously but is not quite up-to-date on current events, so it's a bit of a jumbled mess.

from his douyin, main points:

1. When zhu and zhang returns, no way are we weaker than Italy

um yeah about that... one is out of action until november and the other is getting married and going on variety shows :gone:

2. If zhu and zhang can return, we can definitely fight with other strong teams like italy, usa, japan in the WCh.

not to diss usa and japan, but he doesn't mention brazil, serbia. is he stuck in the mid 80s?

3. libero is terrible, pass and defense probably the worst of the 12 teams

defense is ok actually, pass is atrocious, and the strangest thing to me, which 12 teams? there are 16 teams in VNL and 13 teams in CVL... don't get where this "12" comes from.

4. outside hitter problem (I won't re-hash this again)

5. roster wise, still have raw potential to aim for top 3, or even gold.

6. DLY + LYY connection

must be nice for cai bin to hear that even his own coach has no better plan than to wait for those two to return.

• Bosetti (1.78m)

Gabi (1.80m)

Sarina Koga (1.80m)

Pimpichaya (1.80m)

...they’re all key spikers for their teams....yet Zhong Hui (1.81m)...with a powerful spike, effective jump serve and good defensive skills, but not even looked at for a spot in the NT because she’s considered too short :|

......they did select 1.92m you know who ||

• 1.92 m spiking at 2.60 m height

Cai bin needs to go.

• If you look at China's mens team they have OH Yu Yuantai (1.83m) who is short, but amazing athleticism. Obviously he will have disadvantages at times, but Wu Sheng puts trust in him and his abilities in order to find a way to make it work.