China NT 2022

• is that really surprising?

He doesnt want Wang Yunlu to pass to attack, so he's dragged LYY over to come (and take the pass from her) so there are more attacking options (especially with Gong backrow)

lol I'm not sure what the score is here, but in the timeout in the first set at 🇨🇳 20-16 🇮🇹 cai bin was telling LYY to receive and then get ready for the pipe. At least guidetti would sub some receivers in and take zhu out of the reception in her vakifbank days.

🙃

• how many teams will get out from the group stage?

Phase 1

Round robin within each group.....2 teams eliminated 4 teams progress

Group A (4 teams) + Group D (4 teams) = group of 8 team

Similarly Groups B and C form another group of 8 teams

Phase 2

A round robin within each group of 8. But teams coming from the same initial group (for example group D) do not play each other again...so that each team plays only 4 matches...

a further 4 teams from each of the 2 groups are eliminated....

The balance of 8 teams move to Phase 3

phase 3

Knock out stage with GF, SF and F

* in the competition formula there is mention of ‘the teams’ ranking system’ which may complicate things.....

fire_cai_bin ....your take on this?

https://en.volleyballworld.com…ition/competition-formula

• That is correct, check the world championships thread, there's more details. Don't really care about the rankings tbh, 5-8 is all the same

• Had a bit of a think about the whole VNL after a few days…

In the grand scheme of things, we really didn’t do THAT badly. Seeing the other rosters, I was half convinced the Top 8 goal was a little lofty, and seeing how we ended up doing was actually not too terrible.

Plus’:

1. LYY can carry a team

2. GXY is incredibly consistent on all fronts

3. WYY has improved in confidence & strength (if you can call it that…)

4. JY has a good attitude and showed some improvement

Negatives

1. We will be stuck with JY & WYL for WCH

2. Their best is not good enough

3. YXY is very injured

4. LYY is not stable enough to perform at her best under pressure

5. There are no promising young setters/OH/MB/L who’ll be called to the Senior NT

6. There are no promising OPP who’ll be selected over GXY in the next 5 years or so

7. Coach is a dimwit

8. Everyone’s strategy is to wait for ZT & ZCN, which basically equals no strategy at all

hey, at least we get 2+ months to get emotionally ready for not getting past the round robin for WCH.

• 7. Coach is a dimwit

very generous judgement

fun fact: LYY was #1 efficiency and #1 kill percentage this VNL of outside spikers, ranked #3 (or something like that) in total kills.

Cai Bin: "GXY and YXY are the ones with international experience" :gone:

"we are playing team volleyball" :gone:

• ... did tieba lie to me? Kelsey and SWP had 44.16% and 43.20% respectively, efficiency 31.97% and 31.20% respectively

edit: ok they didn't count frantti for some reason

I didnt look at efficiency. But Frantti, Bajema, and Plummer all had higher kill %.

They probably did like a 200 attempt cut off or something. (mine was in jest lol)

• Cai Bin: "GXY and YXY are the ones with international experience" :gone:

"we are playing team volleyball" :gone:

Does Cai Bin know what he is talking and who are his players? LYY and WYY and DX have international experiences too not as much except for DX here mentioned by me. Well, why did he not let the new ones play? He gave JY and WYL International experiences and why these two when it was obvious they ain’t effective and not much productive contributions to the team. What about the other players? how can these players get international experiences? Those are bs.

• DX did not play much in this tournament. She has as much experience as GXY and YXY and she used to be the main setter and setting GXY and YXY a lot too. She did not play well surprisingly. Her performance was not good when she got so much experiences. DX would be brought in especially when CPY replaced GXY and on the second leg of the tournament when DIao was sick. Was she brought in as the secondary setter because there was no other? Did she not undergo training in CB charges? Was she not up to the task and physically not in shape anymore? CB could have bought in a new setter.

• curious any update on Yao Di?

She was going to retire after 2021 national games, but after tokyo... she says if she can, she will continue to paris.

(this was from an interview with tianjin sports channel)

So then one would ask the question, why didn't she sign up for VNL?

well, look at Ding Xia, that should tell you enough.

• So then one would ask the question, why didn't she sign up for VNL?

well, look at Ding Xia, that should tell you enough.

Justice for Ding Xia :call:

Saw some news (not necessarily reliable)

:read::read: Baloney giving us Chinatown fellas false hope

I'm glad yall agree with me on JY's improvement :flower:

I would like to extend the same sentiments towards WYL after her "brave" show against Brazil, but I think the best to say to both her and JY at the moment is "She did better, but let's hope and see if she continues improving further and that the improvement is exponential"

Would yall like fortune cookies as a snack before the WCH? :drink:

• probably gonna need the maotai instead lol

Fortune cookies first before it starts, then maotai every night after :drink::drink:

• if ZCN is joining the WCH, WYL can come along however would prefer younger player to let her get some experience for Paris 2024.