China NT 2022

• Yan Ni just has a way of reading the hitters that is difficult to train in any player. I think her ability to anticipate and have a clear view of the court and the flow of the opposing team as they get ready to attack is what allows her to compensate for her lack of vertical and spiking power, along with the way she can close blocks with any of the wing hitters.

She's just seriously special. Miss seeing her on court, but I hope she's doing well :rose:

Also missing Liu Xiao Tong :flower:

• if that was the case, why didn’t they give the reserve players like Chen Peiyan a chance to play, this would allow regulars like Gong to have a rest too.... :|

I say we storm next week's venue and take over the Chinese coaching team :cursing::box::down:

• Yan Ni just has a way of reading the hitters that is difficult to train in any player. I think her ability to anticipate and have a clear view of the court and the flow of the opposing team as they get ready to attack is what allows her to compensate for her lack of vertical and spiking power, along with the way she can close blocks with any of the wing hitters.

She's just seriously special. Miss seeing her on court, but I hope she's doing well :rose:

Also missing Liu Xiao Tong :flower:

she is!!! I never realized how much of a difference a good blocker would make until she left… Before the VNL started I looked at the roster and thought, damn what a stacked MB group (since they were all familiar names), but most of them are doing rather poorly… ZYX & GY are there as window dressing I suppose

And YES I WISH we had someone like LXT - stable reception, decent defense, killer serve & hard hits! She was never the breakout star of the team but she was SO needed and China is bereft without someone of her caliber

• another observation: WYL is ill. I saw her coughing multiple times off court, and her pallor was ashen… I think most of the players are sick right now (maybe just from exhaustion/stress) which doesn’t help… I wonder if they could use CPY in the OH position?

• Hahaha tell that to the hundreds of fans who came out to watch them lose 3-0 😂😂😂😂 All I can say is the earlier Belgium-Poland game was soooo much better

why don't they give the younger players a chance? at least get something from the 0-3..

• Hahaha tell that to the hundreds of fans who came out to watch them lose 3-0 😂😂😂😂 All I can say is the earlier Belgium-Poland game was soooo much better

I think the on-site cheering squad could’ve done more....there wasn’t enough 加油s

It was like JIAYU x100s.....

let’s have 加油 x1,000s ⛽️⛽️⛽️ for tomorrow’s match :lol:

• she is!!! I never realized how much of a difference a good blocker would make until she left… Before the VNL started I looked at the roster and thought, damn what a stacked MB group (since they were all familiar names), but most of them are doing rather poorly… ZYX & GY are there as window dressing I suppose

And YES I WISH we had someone like LXT - stable reception, decent defense, killer serve & hard hits! She was never the breakout star of the team but she was SO needed and China is bereft without someone of her caliber

She makes up for the aspects that YXY lacks, especially the blocking part, so it was really advantageous to have Yan Ni and YXY be part of the starting 7 in the past! The MBs that have played so far besides YXY aren't exceptionally good, but I'll give benefit of the doubt due to the high standards they have to perform to :win:

Li Ying Ying is a good hitter but imo (I say this tentatively because I haven't watched ALL the matches yet), seems to be inconsistent at times, especially in reception. LXT feels much more of a stable force on court, perhaps due to her experience as well. LYY is 22 and she has a lot of potential; I just hope that whoever trains her helps her fully realise it! Yeahhhh agreed, LXT may not have been the breakout star but she definitely rose ABOVE the occasion when the team called for her :box:

Still love and respect to all the girlies, yall can do this :rose::flower:

• I think the on-site cheering squad could’ve done more....there wasn’t enough 加油s

It was like JIAYU x100s.....

let’s have 加油 x1,000s ⛽️⛽️⛽️ for tomorrow’s match :lol:

Let's go for the coming World Championships and make sure there are A MILLION 加油s :box::super::super::super:

• Li Ying Ying is a good hitter but imo (I say this tentatively because I haven't watched ALL the matches yet), seems to be inconsistent at times, especially in reception. LXT feels much more of a stable force on court, perhaps due to her experience as well. LYY is 22 and she has a lot of potential; I just hope that whoever trains her helps her fully realise it! Yeahhhh agreed, LXT may not have been the breakout star but she definitely rose ABOVE the occasion when the team called for her :box:

Yes, I think it’s fairly well known and obvious unfortunately that LYY’s weak spot is her reception… I am hoping she improves, because she can be a legend when she polishes up IMHO…

• High expectation leads to high disappointment. There will be ups and downs in this newly formed team. First things first, qualify for quarters and hope the players improve along the way. So far middles attack/block is subpar. Libero reminds me of Shan Danna and Chen Zhan all over again. There is no consistent OH to play along side Li Yingying so pretty much she has to carry the offensive load with Gong. Next game will be a tough test to play against the best defense in the world and another challenge for middles that struggle against fast tempo teams.

• I'd take Chen Zhan over these liberos any day... and the expectation is not the reason I am disappointed. USA had 22 errors. That's 1/3 of all the points we scored. we were leading 7-2, 20-17 and lost 21-25 in the final set.

• I'd take Chen Zhan over these liberos any day... and the expectation is not the reason I am disappointed. USA had 22 errors. That's 1/3 of all the points we scored. we were leading 7-2, 20-17 and lost 21-25 in the final set.

Chen Zhan failed when it mattered the most during 2014 worlds and never made the A team again. The same with Shan Danna. Hopefully the new liberos won't end up like them. Errors are part of the game. It shows how efficient a team or player is. Zhu is a level above the best players in the world in efficiency. Losing leads is part of the game. It happens to every team. This game showed the flaws of this new team. The loss was expected. Just have to improve or won't win anything. People forgot about the Wang Yimei era.

• Hopefully the new liberos won't end up like them

Don't worry, I don't expect these new liberos to have the chance to fail at a world championship final.

The lack of new players on the team is also concerning, probably even more than the loss.

• Don't worry, I don't expect these new liberos to have the chance to fail at a world championship final.

The lack of new players on the team is also concerning, probably even more than the loss.

For most Chinese players is one and done if they fail. So I hope they can improve in order to have a long career. Not everyone will make an impact right away. The other players fans want to see will get to play at Asian competitions. Let's see how they will perform.

• Match against Japan will be challenging and difficult. If they are going to lose hope it won’t be a blow out. Ni Feifan is better than than Wang Weiyi - more nimble. Hope Ni Feifan and ZYX will get to play tomorrow. So far LYY and GXY are the ones playing well and holding up the team. ZCN and ZT are badly needed and need to return to the team. Team China is just a mediocre team with this line up☹️