2022/2023 Transfers News, Rumors & Discussion

• News from Brazil:

SESI renewed with their entire starter lineup (Darlan, Birigui, Guiga, Léo, Éder, Murilo and Pureza), except for Brasília (S) who's moving to the new big project in town, São José dos Campos. His replacement will be Carísio, coming from Poitiers (FRA).

Speaking of setters, Demian Gonzalez (ARG) renewed with Campinas for another year. Lastly, Rhendrick is moving from Sada do Minas and will be William's backup.

• According to GLP, aside from Lucarelli, Juantorena and Simon, Lube might also lose De Cecco. People in the comments there are speculating Christenson might return.

Also regarding Lucarelli, it seems Minas is trying to find the re$ources to bring him back to Brazil.

Lucarelli, asked about his future, said in an interview with Polish Public TV website that his goal is to stay in Italy next season.

• Vôlei Renata/Campinas is already rebuilding for next season. Some of their new players will be Felipe Roque (OPP), Felipe Brito (MB, from Funvic) and João Franck (OH, from Guarulhos). Demian Gonzalez (S) and Alê (L) are staying.

Adriano still has a year of his contract left, but it seems he has an offer from Italy who could easily pay the rescission fee.

• Pasini today:

- Sokolov will leave Russia and Italy is a 1st option (Asia, then)

- Dzavoronok will most probably join Trentino (3-OH system will be continued, Kaziyki-Lavia-Michieletto all have valid contracts)

- Laurenzano (2003; revelation of Superliga) has an agreement with Trentino, although it's possible that he'll stay in Taranto and then it is possible that Grebennikov would return

- Bednorz is a 1st option for Piacenza to reinforce OH line

- Saitta can join Padova

- also, Podrascanin officialy stays in Trentino for next 2 seasons

I also saw discussions on Pasini blog that there's a potential rule change in Italian league, although it sounds odd: Pasini says that Flavio will join Perugia and Sole will play as a local (his grandparents are from Italy and he has Italian citizenship), but he'll keep playing in Argentinian NT. So far, the rule says that not citizenship, but federation and license determines which player is treated as a local - so according to these rules, Sole (like Stankovic) has to retire from NT, change his federation and then he can play as a local. If this rumor is correct, then it will be quite a revolution considering many players (Bruno, Podrascanin, Sole, IIRC De Cecco) have dual citizenship. That's why I'm hesitant to believe it.

Regarding Sokolov, I don't think there's a possible spot for him as for now, perhaps if Nimir decides to leave, then Modena will look for new OPP. Then, there's Monza, but president of a club said that while female team will get stronger financing, the male team will have similar squad to this season. But she also said that Monza will have very strong OPP duo, and 3 years ago they were able to hire Kurek, so we'll see. As for now, it seems that Stephen Maar will strengthen Monza next season.

Also, Lucarelli a day after Civitanova game against Monza, was spotted on Modena-Milano game sitting near to president of Milano, Lucio Fusaro, so immediately the rumors have started that he can join Milano, and that Milano will have extra financing for the next season. It may be a guessing game, but according to volleynews.it, Patry will stay there for next 2 seasons. De Cecco also has been rumored as a potential option for Milano, but with Porro on long-term contract, I'd take all these rumors with a grain of salt.

• Mozic renewed his contract with Verona to 2025. This is interesting: first, he had valid contract to 2023, second, he's good enough to play in much better teams than Verona, so

perhaps budget of Stoytchev's team will increase significantly, because this year they kept spot in Superlega only thanks to Mozic. Pasini was speculating some time ago that Keita can join Verona, and although at that time it sounded surreal, maybe it is not that surreal after all.

• Vôlei Renata in Brazil will have a significantly younger team next season, but it could be really good (just by not having Evandro it's already better anyway):

S: Demian Gonzalez (ARG)

OPP: Felipe Roque

OHs: Nicolas Lazo (ARG), João Franck

MBs: Felipe Brito, Lucas Barreto

L: Alê

It's uncertain if Adriano is staying. He has an offer from Italy it seems.

• denzz  Umu11

https://www.voleybolaktuel.com…-veronaya-transfer-oluyor

Is this website reliable? It says that Keita will join Verona on 3-year contract and it sounds possible, but the latter part about his naturalization looks suspicous, so it's hard to believe this information as a whole.

I would say they are reliable as they do not report gossips very often, and when they do, they usually share their source. I agree about the naturalization part as I haven't seen such information so far. Keita in Verona is something reported before but naturalization is not. I just checked and Keita is a Top Star Agency player so maybe that's their source.

• Thank you. Perhaps this ,,naturalization'' gossip is related to his license and not citizenship, he may have really twisted situation in terms of his federation of origin, considering that he's Malian probably not playing in NT (that rarely plays even in African Championship), who lived in Serbia since he was 17, and I don't know what he was doing prior to that.

• According to volleyball.it, Keita and Perrin will play in Verona.

Now I'm really interested if this rumour about his naturalization is correct as well: it's hard for me to imagine that, but information about him in Verona from that news seems to be correct.

• Has anyone heard any rumor for Galatasaray? I’ve read from different sources their transfers are Olympic gold medalists and from Brazil, but I am not sure how reliable they are.

Haven't heard anything about it yet. I think the only 2016 OGs medalists available for next season are the Maurícios (Borges and Souza) and perhaps Lipe if he's leaving Japan? Unless they're willing to take a wild gamble on 41yo Evandro.

• Haven't heard anything about it yet. I think the only 2016 OGs medalists available for next season are the Maurícios (Borges and Souza) and perhaps Lipe if he's leaving Japan? Unless they're willing to take a wild gamble on 41yo Evandro.

thank you. As Evandro, they could be gambling on him. They hired Berezhko for the second half of the last season and they announced him as Olympic Champion, which is not incorrect at the end of the day, and he did good even though he basically doesn’t see any court time in Russia.

• thank you. As Evandro, they could be gambling on him. They hired Berezhko for the second half of the last season and they announced him as Olympic Champion, which is not incorrect at the end of the day, and he did good even though he basically doesn’t see any court time in Russia.

If it's Evandro, I wish them good luck... In fact, if it's any of these they're gonna need it lol