2022/2023 Transfers News, Rumors & Discussion

• Yup, Anastasi allegedly is a done deal.

Giulia Gabana has become the president of Modena, and during a conference Sartoretti suggested that players on valid contracts alongside coaching staff will remain. He also confirmed Nimir in Turkey

Keita has signed 2y contract with Verona, but he's rumored to play as an OH...

Giulia Gabana has become the president of Modena, and during a conference Sartoretti suggested that players on valid contracts alongside coaching staff will remain. He also confirmed Nimir in Turkey

how long do you think Anastasi will keep his position?

Mozic-Keita will be an interesting duo for sure.

It would be very weird to use them as OH, as he even played in the position before? And hiring Perrin (if the rumor is true) just as a backup feels like a waste, particularly to have Jansen on court who's not that great. Anyway I guess he'll start as opposite as Jensen is injured with the intention of switching him later, hopefully they realize that's the best formation lol.

What a waste of team if Spirito ends up being the main setter though

• how long do you think Anastasi will keep his position?

A year would be my guess, although on paper Perugia will be the biggest favorite in their history. There was always Civitanova that had similar/bigger potential, but not this time.

voulter yup, Keita played as an OH in Serbia and was spectacular (and wasn't a hole in reception, although that's based on average league level obv), and yup, Perrin-Mozic-Keita seems so natural that I have no idea where these rumors/doubts come from. According to the Veronese press, all of Keita/Mozic/Perrin/Sapozhkov/Jensen will play in Verona and that's some crazy depth for not a top team, but I'm also less enthusiastic if Keita ends up as an OH (even though he can be great). Sapozhkov was a big (literally and figuratively, lol) talent few years ago, but I don't think he's developed that much to justify such combinations.

At least Verona plans to hire two decent local MBs (Mosca, Cortesia), so it will be easier to field Raphael limit-wise.

• voulter yup, Keita played as an OH in Serbia and was spectacular (and wasn't a hole in reception, although that's based on average league level obv), and yup, Perrin-Mozic-Keita seems so natural that I have no idea where these rumors/doubts come from. According to the Veronese press, all of Keita/Mozic/Perrin/Sapozhkov/Jensen will play in Verona and that's some crazy depth for not a top team, but I'm also less enthusiastic if Keita ends up as an OH (even though he can be great). Sapozhkov was a big (literally and figuratively, lol) talent few years ago, but I don't think he's developed that much to justify such combinations.

Did you get it from VolleyNews? It's the only source I found that talks specifically about OH, I think it's partly because on the press release Verona announced him as "schiaccciatore" which is usually used for OH but it's also a blanket term for both OH/OPP. At the same time it doesn't make any sense for them to have 3 opposites, so it does make sense.

At least Verona plans to hire two decent local MBs (Mosca, Cortesia), so it will be easier to field Raphael limit-wise.

I honestly had forgotten about Mosca, that's right at least they can play with Raphael, at the same time though he's 43 and I don't know if he can hold up playing the whole season, to me it would feel more logical to ditch either Jensen or Sapozhkov (or even both and just get a cheaper italian from A2 or something) and get a younger setter that could step in for Rapha and possibly get the starting spot in the next seasons, or honestly just anyone other than Spirito, he's been on Verona for so long and didn't show any significant progress so far

• Did you get it from VolleyNews? It's the only source I found that talks specifically about OH, I think it's partly because on the press release Verona announced him as "schiaccciatore" which is usually used for OH but it's also a blanket term for both OH/OPP. At the same time it doesn't make any sense for them to have 3 opposites, so it does make sense.

https://www.larena.it/argoment…to-fino-al-2024-1.9461878

But maybe these rumors about Sapozhkov (even though Bulgarian press was pretty sure he'll join Verona) are incorrect and everything will finish as it was rumored (Keita-Perrin-Mozic)? Or Verona has plans for some awkward roster construction (a little bit like this year), and play Keita as both OH/OPP if Perrin doesn't deliver/Sapozhkov surprises? I don't know.

And I agree about setters, but I guess Spirito being a local gives some flexibility if Aguenier or Nikolic stay.

• Andrea Anastasi signed a contract with Perugia?

https://sportklub.rs/ostali-sp…n-menja-grbica-u-perudji/

weird decision:rolleyes: He was really good coach for Trefl Gdańsk but in Warszawa he do nothing. The team was horrible...

• Volleyball.it says that Lagumdzija may join Modena and Leal can go in the other direction.

Then, Piacenza would be able to play either with three OHs (Recine-Lucarelli-Leal) or with Lucarelli-Leal as OHs and Romano.

Rinaldi most probably will return to Modena, the question is if as a 2nd or 3rd OH.

• Wait, when was Leal rumored to Piacenza? As I understood, Zaytsev will go to Millano, Patry to Piacenza, and Lagumdžija to Lube...

Volleyball.it says that Lagumdzija may join Modena and Leal can go in the other direction.

Then, Piacenza would be able to play either with three OHs (Recine-Lucarelli-Leal) or with Lucarelli-Leal as OHs and Romano.

Rinaldi most probably will return to Modena, the question is if as a 2nd or 3rd OH.

• Very nice move by Resovia:super:I hope he will run the team for better place than previous season, but I`m afraid that they whoever would have in roster, from few years they cant build the real team and use real potential