Eurovolley 2023

• qualifications

1st pool: Croatia, Israel, Romania, Faroe Islands

2nd pool: Czech,Finland, Montenegro, Iceland

3rd pool: Ukraine, Hungary, Portugal, Cyprus

4th pool: Slovenia, Austria, Azerbaijan , Georgia

5th pool: Slovakia, Spain, Denmark, Latvia

6th pool: Greece, Bosnia, Norway, Switzerland

• I see that Croatia is listed on the qualification phase, so it looks like Germany and Belgium (lower ranked at EuroVolley 2021) will be two of the host countries.

• I also don't see Estonia, so they are the 3rd host country ;)

So we have Germany-Belgium-Estonia (and I've heard rumors about Sweden wanting to host but I wouldn't be surprised if it is Luxembourg :D)

• I heard the Netherlands will be one of the hosts:/ Would make sense if also Belgium and Germany are the hosts!

• I think Italy, Netherlands, Germany, Belgium maybe host country.

But in such case Croatia which is ranked on 10th place wouldn't need to go through qualification process.

12 teams have automatically qualified to the final phase (hosts + best teams form Euro 2021). For sure we need to have then 4 countries ranked lower than Croatia.

So according to my calculations those are:

Belgium (ranked lower than Croatia and is not taking part in qualification process)

Germany (ranked lower than Croatia and is not taking part in qualification process)

Estonia (ranked lower than Croatia, is not taking part in qualification process and confirmed they wanted to host)

?

• volleyball.it confirmed some months ago that estonia was going to be one of the host

• belgium medal matches? Generally is the best team that receive that,I tough it gonna be italy

Well better for me I live in france so i could go,also i gknna visit italy that is my dream

• well some years ago she wanted to play for peru but she didn't get support by that federation

• Slovenia's roster for qualification

Setters: Eva Pogačar, Sara Najdič

Opposites: Darja Eržen, Naja Boisa

Middles: Saša Planinšec, Mirta Velikonja Grbac, Nika Milošič, Klara Milošič, Tia Koren

OHs: Eva Zatkovič, Mija Šiftar, Maša Pucelj, Fatoumatta Sillah, Lorena Lorber Fijok, Julija Grubišič Čabo, Selena Liban

Liberos: Anja Mazej, Katja Banko

Eva Mori is out of the team and it looks like Fatoumatta Sillah got slovenian citizenship

• Any idea why scuka is missing?

• Any idea why scuka is missing?

No idea. There is more missing names comparing to the roster from previous years. Maybe Bonitta wanted to have younger team

• No idea. There is more missing names comparing to the roster from previous years. Maybe Bonitta wanted to have younger team

I doubt that, Scuka is only 26 and some players in the roster are older than her.

Slovenia was one of up and coming teams of europe couple of years ago when they reached the final of U23 tournament. Seems like after Chiappini left, the team has been dissolved. With this roster they couldn't even win silver European league

• I doubt that, Scuka is only 26 and some players in the roster are older than her.

They also don't have for example Ana Maria Vovk. Who is 24 and was great prospect few years ago.

Look at age of their OHs:

Šiftar - born in 2006!

Pucelj - born in 2006!

Fijok - born in 2003

Čabo - born in 2004

Liban - born in 2005

Zatkovic - born in 2001

The young players don't have anyone to learn from

Edit: I forget about Sillah, who is from Gambia but got slovenian citizenship. She was born in 2002.