Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2022/23

• And all semi final participants including cup winner Schwerin will play at least CEV cup, with the two finalists playing CL.

• new news about Allianz MTV Stuttgart:

Laura Künzler and Simone Lee are going to Turkey next season. Lees salary demands were too high. Alexis Hart stays, but changes her position to OH. Renkema says its difficult to find new players. In the meantime even in Hungary and Greece players can earn three times as much.

• new news about Allianz MTV Stuttgart:

Laura Künzler and Simone Lee are going to Turkey next season. Lees salary demands were too high. Alexis Hart stays, but changes her position to OH. Renkema says its difficult to find new players. In the meantime even in Hungary and Greece players can earn three times as much.

Lee and salary demands? 🤔 She came to Germany from Italy, Turkey, and two seasons in Japan where she was likely making a very healthy salary. Sounds more like a move to another country and team.

Good to see Alexis Hart staying on in Stuttgart as an OH. She was fun to watch at Minnesota.

Surprised Kunzler is moving on after one season. She was a bright light as the season went along, and definitely the go-to when she played for Wiesbaden. Assumed she would remain at Stuttgart, with Segura.

Shocking statement that pay in Hungary and Greece is as much as three times more. 🤔

Shocking statement that pay in Hungary and Greece is as much as three times more. 🤔

I am from Greece and I can tell you that there is a truth in that. Some teams who want to win the championship they sign foreigns with expensive contracts but after the starting six there are only one or two good players who can help the team. Also there are locals who are really good players but because they do not have experience in other countries and championships they sign them with less money .

For example the Argentinian OH Yas who doesn't have her best season in the attack sign in Olympiakos for 100.000 !!!

I am from Greece and I can tell you that there is a truth in that. Some teams who want to win the championship they sign foreigns with expensive contracts but after the starting six there are only one or two good players who can help the team. Also there are locals who are really good players but because they do not have experience in other countries and championships they sign them with less money .

For example the Argentinian OH Yas who doesn't have her best season in the attack sign in Olympiakos for 100.000 !!!

yes i understand and this the thing. They said that there paid more but for 2 players. Look on Stuttgart Segura Lee Kunzler Hart 4 good OH and any young. If they will take young they will have more money then Greece 😊 is just my feelings we will see the roster next season but I don’t think that they don’t have money to pay only how to pay 🤔

• TV match today 17:00 CET Schwerin vs Potsdam stream

In theory Schwerin is the favourite, but their pre-match report mentions "injury problems at OPP position", so Anne Hölzig might have to play as OPP again. Potsdam on the one hand had a very exhausting QF series, but OTOH maybe surviving such a crisis may set free new energy and bring the team closer together again after a difficult period. They definitely lack consistency, they win one set 25:9 or 25:11 and then lose the next one, and against Schwerin that will be a bigger problem than against Suhl.

In the other semi, I hope Dresden can put up a good fight, but Stuttgart should really not have too much trouble.

• TV match today 17:00 CET Schwerin vs Potsdam stream

In theory Schwerin is the favourite, but their pre-match report mentions "injury problems at OPP position", so Anne Hölzig might have to play as OPP again. Potsdam on the one hand had a very exhausting QF series, but OTOH maybe surviving such a crisis may set free new energy and bring the team closer together again after a difficult period. They definitely lack consistency, they win one set 25:9 or 25:11 and then lose the next one, and against Schwerin that will be a bigger problem than against Suhl.

In the other semi, I hope Dresden can put up a good fight, but Stuttgart should really not have too much trouble.

Such a crisis = loose one game in the quarter finals.
    Oh man, really, you are such a hater, it’s incredible the need you have to make things look bad when it comes to talking about Potsdam (or maybe it’s just Hernandez). You never say anything good about Potsdam, it doesn’t matter what they do, but with teams like Dresden or Schwerin you always talk positive even when they’ve been in deep S……. Like Dresden this season or Schwerin last year.

• such a crisis = loose one game in quarter final.
    Oh man,really you are such a hater, is incredible the need you have to make things look bad when it comes to talk about Potsdam (or maybe is just the Hernandez) you never say anything good it doesn’t matter what they do but instead with teams like Dresden or Schwerin you always talk positive even when when they’ve been in deep S……. Like Dresden this season or Schwerin last year.

:aww:

It hasn't been "lose one game in QF", it has been playing badly ever since the Cup final. I don't hate Potsdam at all, if you go back in this thread to earlier in the season or even last season, I say a lot of positive things about Potsdam, but in the last two months there haven't been so many good things to say unfortunately...

• Tutku Yüzgenc has back problems, Elles Dambrink again has abdominal muscle problems and Frauke Neuhaus is sick. A lot of bad luck for Schwerin :gone:

Yüzgenc is sitting on bench and obviously not ready to play, so Schwerin really has zero options to make changes as OH/OPP :white:

• Potsdam is playing great in all elements, especially defense, and Jasper seems to be back at full strength as well :super:

OTOH Schwerin hasn't really arrived in the game yet, they started very nervous and don't seem over that yet.

Schwerin with 13 errors in 1st set:what::sos: They scored more points for Potsdam than Potsdam themselves did :gone:

• Both Kästner and van Aalen showed some great skills so far today:love:

• Ruddins, Jasper and Emonts are delivering top level performances as OHs today :obey:

In the end Van Aalen set one ball too much to pos.4, block was already waiting for Jasper and Savic would have been without block in the middle. Still, Potsdam is damn strong and fun to watch now that all their players are finally showing their abilities again!