Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2022/23

• Funny! Right now they haven't even covered the budget for this season. And who trained Lara Berger all these years?

Well, in some article earlier this season Waibl said that in Stuttgart nobody really worked with Berger and Dresden is now teaching her everything :whistle: It's surely an exaggeration, but to some point I agree that this season in Dresden she showed more progress than in all her Stuttgart years...

• Well, in some article earlier this season Waibl said that in Stuttgart nobody really worked with Berger and Dresden is now teaching her everything :whistle: It's surely an exaggeration, but to some point I agree that this season in Dresden she showed more progress than in all her Stuttgart years...

I just think he's mad at his club. That there is no more money

And one more thing: Dresden did not choose this philosophy voluntarily. But only because the money is currently no longer there

• I knew these transfers won't happen without a verbal fight between Dresden and Stuttgart. But I completely understand Waibl. As Matthias said, Dresden invested a lot into Strubbe and her development.

And Stuttgart just buys her now that she is far enough in her development so that they don't have to do too much anymore. That's at least how it feels like. Of course that makes other clubs like Dresden very angry, who put so much effort in giving young talents the opportunity to grow and play even though that means they will have a harder time winning titles.

Besides Berger and Kohn I can't think of one single player of Stuttgarts youth that they developed. And even these two got so little playing time that they left.

But in the end it is Strubbes decision which club she wants to play for. I'm quite sure that the shaky season of Dresden had an impact on her decision as well...

• At the end it's all about money, to be honest: the better financed teams can afford to buy players from other league rivals of course. Schwerin did the same in an even more aggressive manner in the past, by the way, paying extra money to buy players out of valid contracts. - I think this one has a lot to do with rivalry of Dresden and Stuttgart in general, the way Waibl was kicked off as head coach in Stuttgart in season 2008/2009 initiating the no friends attitude (we have generally nothing against Waibl in Stuttgart, by the way, what seems to be different in Schwerin - but hey, these teams fight for titles, and this league is now much more professional and competetive as a decade or so ago).

And finally some verbal fight is not unusual in sports, so don't overrate it...

• Lydia Stemmler from Aachen to Neuwied.

I like that they keep trusting young German talents, but if they plan with her as main OPP, their results certainly won't improve :gone:

The problem is that Neuwied doesn't have the budget to play in the 1st Bundesliga. But the Volleyball Bundesliga is happy about every club, and that's why they're allowed to play there. So far I don't see any development at this club

• Nele Broszat, who was technically with Münster, leaves for West Virginia University.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CrikRuoO7iL/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

I say technically, because she was officially rostered at Münster (and practiced there early in the season), while actually playing at VCO Berlin.

• Sorry but Berger was SO improved this season that on the end she sit on the bench. This is just true of her bench for me…. Next season she will be second opposite with this transfer what make Dresden. Stuttgart buy Strubbe. For me no they just pay more. The same make Schwerin with some another players. The same make in past Dresden. Is big circle who has little more money and can pay more.

Dresden was German champion three times in a row from 2014 to 2016. During this time, Dresden wasn't really interested in the development of young players. In 2015 they even brought Mareike Hindriksen from Stuttgart. She was a regular in Stuttgart in the 2014-2015 season.

After 2016, the financially carefree years in Dresden were slowly over and they had to change their philosophy. Stuttgart in particular was able to keep increasing its budget at the time. And that's pretty much the whole story.

• Sorry but Berger was SO improved this season that on the end she sit on the bench. This is just true of her bench for me…. Next season she will be second opposite with this transfer what make Dresden. Stuttgart buy Strubbe. For me no they just pay more. The same make Schwerin with some another players. The same make in past Dresden. Is big circle who has little more money and can pay more.

I totally agree. I don’t think Berger has improved much in Dresden, other than the fact that she’s playing a little more now. But don’t forget that last season in Stuttgart she was the key player against Busto in the CEV Cup, so she must haven’t been so bad.

I don’t think that Stuttgart “BUY” Strubbe…probably she was just a free agent and Stuttgart made a better offer. The question is why she didn’t want to stay, because nobody is obligated to play anywhere even if someone “buy you” you need to agree.

If I’m not wrong the only teams that recently have BOUGHT contracts in Bundesliga, meaning the players had a valid contract and they pay the buyout are Dresden and Schwerin:

Alsmeier from Münster to Schwerin 2020/21

Drewniok from Wiesbaden to Schwerin 2018/19

Bock from Münster to Dresden 2021/22

All of them had a valid contract. Maybe I’m forgetting some, so let me know if someone knows more.

• I don’t think that Stuttgart “BUY” Strubbe…probably she was just a free agent and Stuttgart made a better offer. The question is why she didn’t want to stay, because nobody is obligated to play anywhere even if someone “buy you” you need to agree.

Stuttgart doesn't buy her. Strubbes contract ends after this season. Stuttgart probably offered Strubbe a higher salary because they now have a higher budget than Dresden. The same what every club does with every player. The same Chieri did with Weitzel etc. etc........

• Stuttgart doesn't buy her. Strubbes contract ends after this season. Stuttgart probably offered Strubbe a higher salary because they now have a higher budget than Dresden. The same what every club does with every player. The same Chieri did with Weitzel etc. etc........

Exactly what I said :)

Also you can’t blame her for going to a better project with more money, playing Champions League, fighting for the titles etc…