Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2022/23

• That is probably the next step that Münster is taking in the direction to volleyball city. Not only will they be active with three teams in the women's national leagues next season, but they will also intensify their beach volleyball activities again. I have to say that I really like what USC is doing at the moment.

Here is the whole article: USC goes Beachvolleyball: Kira Walkenhorst startet für USC Münster

To avoid misunderstandings: Kira Walkenhorst will (of course) not play for the Bundesliga team of Münster.

And a certain member here has come out as very bad loser :white::rolll: but well, such a painful loss like yesterday isn't easy to compensate :whistle:

Highlights:

• In Italy and Turkey, the schedule is much tighter. Italy=06.05./09.05./11.05/13.05/15.05.

Of course, Potsdam and Stuttgart are quite far away. But you can't please everyone. I would have preferred if the time of the 5th game had been criticized. At 6:00 p.m. on Mondays there shouldn't be a volleyball game. Especially not the most important of the season. The Supercup game between Stuttgart and Potsdam was already at 5:15 p.m. on a normal working day in Brandenburg. That shouldn't have been the case either.

• Marie Schölzel says in an article that Stuttgart made her a contract offer for next season in winter, she didn't say yes right away (but didn't decline either), and some time later they just told her that her place is already gone without any further talks :what:

Stuttgart :down: Schölzel has played a great season for them and that's their way to thank her :gone:

• Marie Schölzel says in an article that Stuttgart made her a contract offer for next season in winter, she didn't say yes right away (but didn't decline either), and some time later they just told her that her place is already gone without any further talks :what:

Stuttgart :down: Schölzel has played a great season for them and that's their way to thank her :gone:

I don't know how it's usually done in volleyball. And what both factions made out before the season. But of course that's unfortunate.

Although I would like to hear the Stuttgart side. Because before the season they should have made a date by when there must be clarity

• I read the article carefully again

"And then probably abroad again, also because Schölzel didn't accept Stuttgart's contract offer in the winter to wait for other options"

Marie Schölzel clearly made the mistake. She did not accept the contract offer. If she had gotten a financially better offer, she would have gone anyway. Stuttgart can't wait forever for Schölzel. The fact that Stuttgart then conducted negotiations with other players is quite normal

• Yes and no. They could at least have asked her again a few weeks later instead of taking the lack of a yes as a no. They surely did good transfers with Haneline and Strubbe, but the way Schölzel is playing this season and especially in the finals, I still see her slightly ahead of those two.

Also, you left out a keyword, it says Schölzel did not directly accept Stuttgart's offer because she wanted to wait for other offers. Of course that's a matter of definition, but it doesn't sound like she left them hanging for months, and she seems to be quite disappointed that they didn't even negotiate with her again after the first offer.

• Yes and no. They could at least have asked her again a few weeks later instead of taking the lack of a yes as a no. They surely did good transfers with Haneline and Strubbe, but the way Schölzel is playing this season and especially in the finals, I still see her slightly ahead of those two.

Yes of course! And I also see Schölzel stronger than Strubbe and Haneline. And I've said before that I'm personally not a big fan of Renkema. Because she always whines in interviews. Even if she might be a great person privately.

In the end, however, I don't know exactly how such contract negotiations work. So I can't say who made which mistake and when.

• Also, you left out a keyword, it says Schölzel did not directly accept Stuttgart's offer because she wanted to wait for other offers. Of course that's a matter of definition, but it doesn't sound like she left them hanging for months, and she seems to be quite disappointed that they didn't even negotiate with her again after the first offer.

Actually, Renkema and Schölzel have been in this business long enough that they both know how it works. I really can't say what exactly went wrong. I think Stuttgart will comment on this after the season is over

• Have you ever read an article like this from Schwerin?

Dresden is the same like Stuttgart.

And I can imagine why that is. You have a lot of competition in Stuttgart. VfB Stuttgart (football), Stuttgarter Kickers (football), TVB Stuttgart (Handball). Even the women's team from VfB Stuttgart is very ambitious and would like to play in the Bundesliga at some point.

You probably want to get all the press you can get.

In Schwerin there is almost nothing after volleyball.

• Have you ever read an article like this from Schwerin?

Dresden is the same like Stuttgart.

People with big Ego that they are thirsty for publicity.

I don't remember such an article about Dresden...

Actually it's always quite interesting to have those insights into the teams...

The only thing I complain about is that the most interesting articles are always behind a paywall ^^

• 4th final match today 17:00 CET stream (broadcast starts 16:55)

I think it will be a completely new game, it will be difficult for Stuttgart to repeat their excellent performance from Wednesday and despite all difficulties I expect Potsdam to show some reaction. Stuttgart might still be the favorite but despite what happened on Wednesday it's not like Potsdam doesn't have a chance anymore.

For the first time since many weeks Aleksandersen travelled with the team to an away match, but he won't be on bench once again.

• 4th final match today 17:00 CET stream (broadcast starts 16:45)

I think it will be a completely new game, it will be difficult for Stuttgart to repeat their excellent performance from Wednesday and despite all difficulties I expect Potsdam to show some reaction. Stuttgart might still be the favorite but despite what happened on Wednesday it's not like Potsdam doesn't have a chance anymore.

For the first time since many weeks Aleksandersen travelled with the team to an away match, but he won't be on bench once again.

I think set 1 in the game will be very important. If Stuttgart wins set 1, it will probably be very difficult for Potsdam. But nothing is impossible in volleyball