Challenge Cup 2023

• Panathinaikos - Nantes 3-1 (23-25, 25-18, 25-19, 25-17)

Anthouli 23 (18/42, 1 ace, 4 blocks), Anae 18 (15/31), Grothues 12 (12/27), Medic 11 (7/12)

Mims 13 (10/43), Keene 10 (6/9), Gommans 10 (9/24), Jasper 10 (9/28)

• Very very tough game.I watched the match.Nantes is first in french league.The two teams are very closed.Jasper and Bursac are very balanced OH.Tonight american Mimms didn't play very well.

Otoh Anae saved our ass.She is one of the best OH that played in our team.

Our problem is that we don't have good bench.I hope they can find another one OH.

Anyway the second match will be very difficult in France.

• Nantes - Panathinaikos 1-3 (16-25, 18-25, 25-23, 19-25)

Mims 17 (13/52), Samadan 11 (6/12), Stumler 11 (11/23)

Anthouli 16 (12/34), Anae 15 (14/37), Medic 13 (8/12, 2 aces, 3 blocks)

• This kind of stuff doesn't have any background related to sports, it was the same with Zeleznicar's Cuban OPP who didn't get a visa for Germany. It's a bureaucratic problem, just like some American players arrived late in Italy this season. None of the hosting clubs is involved in any way in the visa process, this is purely the job of the players' clubs to take care of that. Do you really think somebody from Kanti Schaffhausen will tell some Swiss politicians "hey, don't give the Cuban girl a visa, she killed us in the first game"? :rolleyes:

• This kind of stuff doesn't have any background related to sports, it was the same with Zeleznicar's Cuban OPP who didn't get a visa for Germany. It's a bureaucratic problem, just like some American players arrived late in Italy this season. None of the hosting clubs is involved in any way in the visa process, this is purely the job of the players' clubs to take care of that. Do you really think somebody from Kanti Schaffhausen will tell some Swiss politicians "hey, don't give the Cuban girl a visa, she killed us in the first game"? :rolleyes:

This is the reason why .i. is for Switzerland and not Kanti :)

• 2 serbian teams will face each others in 1/8.

Jedinstvo Stara Pazova vs ZOK Ub

I dont know if this is first time ever that our teams play one against others in europe. Or at least not in recent history, i remember 2 years ago Monza stopped Ub and Tent to play against each other in cev cup semifinal.

Bogdan you are our wikipedia, did this happened before?

• Cev Cup 2009/10

1/4 final

Crvena Zvezda - Dinamo Azotara Pancevo

Zvezda later won silver medal, beat Uralochka (Estes, Kula, Babeshina, Filipova) in semifinal and loose to (Fernandinha/Turlea/Havelkova/Crisanti) Busto in final.

Backthen Zvezda have this lineup Zivkovic/Bjelica - Blagojevic/Rakic - Veljkovic/Ninkovic - Rosic +

on bench Pusic, Stevanovic, Nesovic, Kecman

:heart:

• And Milena Rasic played for Dinamo Pancevo :) Nice

Btw Ratko Pavlicevic was their coach back then and he is back in Crvena Zvezda, maybe they can squeeze to cev cup. Losing to Scandici in final would not be bad scenario :lol:

• HAIFA VC - VfB SUHL Thüringen

Avarca de MENORCA - VK PROSTEJOV

HOLTE IF - SLIEDRECHT Sport

Reale Mutua Fenera CHIERI - Panathinaikos ATHENS

Jedinstvo STARA PAZOVA - ZOK UB

AJM FC PORTO - Rapid BUCURESTI

Aris THESSALONIKI - Asterix Avo BEVEREN

Kairos PONTA DELGADA - C.S.M. LUGOJ