Chinese Female Superleague 2022/2023 (with 2022 Chinese National Championship)

• Lyy would be great addition for Eczacıbaşı.

I think Eczacı needs one more Oh and also the best scenario for LYY would be to go to Eczacıbaşı.

Her defense this WCH has been incredible. I think any team would want her. But she has to want to go, and Tianjin has to let her go.

We will see what happens.

• Her defense this WCH has been incredible. I think any team would want her. But she has to want to go, and Tianjin has to let her go.

We will see what happens.

Fener have Arina, I don't think she can show her real potential in Fenerbahçe and also she will work with terzic there<X

vakıf have bajema-nika, thy have orthmann madi

these two will probably not make a move for any oh.

The last option for LYY among turkish teams is going to Galatasaray but they don't have money.

in eczacıbaşı She will play with boskovic-maja and next to Hande where LYY can shine next to her by getting a lot of balls.

• Arina aside, I think LYY has clearly shown that she is technically better than any of those outsides in either attack or defense this WCH, but she needs to work on her mentality and "care less".

But it's not about the money going abroad (not that more money isn't better, or the money isn't good abroad...), it's about broadening her experiences and enriching her volleyball skills.

The pay in CVL for a top player in a top team is probably higher than the equivalent in Euro leagues. For example, before Zhu was the best in the world, it was rumored that Tianjin and Shanghai both wanted her to the tune of 10,000,000 RMB (~1.4 M USD) but Henan didn't release, and that was 2013-14 dollars compared to 2017-2022. Additionally, being inside her home country means that LYY can make even more money with advertisements as she is currently the face (or one of the two faces) of Chinese volleyball, which Zhu actually lost a lot on because of her adventures in Turkey (not that it was a bad decision for Zhu to go to Turkey, just stating facts).

• Vargas and LYY are.

The rest of the league.... if it's your first time watching you may be in for a surprise.

Not as strong as Tianjin, but Shanghai would've been more competitive if CVA weren't scared and imposed that last minute rule of one foreigner on the court. :whistle:

• Any word on Yuan if she'll be playing this season or if she's taking some time off for school again or possibly recovery?

no idea, but the school thing is a joke. (and to me, an excuse to not play)

She should get a break, she seems worse at WCH than at national games last year

• no idea, but the school thing is a joke. (and to me, an excuse to not play)

She should get a break, she seems worse at WCH than at national games last year

Once Zhu returns that mental pressure of being captain won't affect Yuan, but I'm still curious if her level can go back to before or if injuries had taken their toll already. Sad to think about when Yuan had so much potential to become even better. ;(

• Once Zhu returns that mental pressure of being captain won't affect Yuan, but I'm still curious if her level can go back to before or if injuries had taken their toll already. Sad to think about when Yuan had so much potential to become even better. ;(

I think it's mental.

We have seen even in VNL and WCH times when she can have a good connection to the setter, and can smack the ball down hard.

• the rule does not apply this year

Last year, Shenzhen was too disorganized to field a team or get anyone here IIRC.

This year Dajana has help, but I'm still not sure how they fit compared to other teams.

I'm not familiar with Klisura and the Azerbaijan middle they signed. Van Jak would've been nice to have if she wasn't injured. Hopefully Eri Xue has a good season and can replace Gao Yi/Zheng Yixin in the NT next year.

• Liu Yan-han said that she will still participate in Season 22/23 but we don't know which club she is in.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan