Chinese Female Superleague 2022/2023 (with 2022 Chinese National Championship)

• The rumor:

Jong Jin-sim, the OH and captain of North Korea NT, born in 1992, will join Liaoning VC in Season 22/23 !

Do you believe that it is true?

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• The rumor:

Jong Jin-sim, the OH and captain of North Korea NT, born in 1992, will join Liaoning VC in Season 22/23 !

Do you believe that it is true?

I hope it’s true. I’m a big fan of Jin-Sim. She used to play in the VTV Cup in Vietnam. She is very popular there. Not only is she a very skillful player, she’s also friendly and fun loving. I sometimes imagine what it’ll be like if she had a chance to play as a professional in a another country, like China for instance.

Her overseas fans, especially those in Vietnam have posted many video clips of her, here are a few....

• I found this interesting. According to WorldofVolley (link) there is a total of 29 foreigners playing in the Chinese Men's and Women's Leagues combined with the no foreigner restriction rule. I'm not sure if all these signing are true because Van Jak was rumored, but then she got injured and at least I don't think she' still coming to China anymore.

Women's (November 10 - January 17)

Tianjin: Vargas (Cuba/Turkey)

Shanghai: Bricio (Mexico)

Beijing: Lazovic (Serbia), Vuchkova (Bulgaria), Casanova (Cuba)

Shandong: Rabadzhieva (Bulgaria), Cleger (Cuba)

Shenzhen: Dajana Boskovic (Bosnia and Herzegovina), Jaksic (Serbia), Klisura (Serbia), Milojevic (Serbia), Kirilyuk (Azerbaijan), Van Jak? (Germany), Bytsenko? (Ukraine)

Shenzhen added another foreigner from Ukraine?

Men's (October 29 - January 15)

Shanghai: Juantorena (Italy), Bednorz (Poland), Sabbi (Italy), Calvo (Cuba)

Beijing: Holt (USA), Jaeschke (USA), Shkredau (Belarus)

Jiangsu: Stankovic (Serbia), Udrys (Belarus), Vash (Belarus)

Tianjin: Stahl (USA), Pavlovic (Serbia)

Hebei: Synystia (Ukraine), Poluian (Ukraine), Panasenko (Belarus)

Jiangsu's men's team hired foreigners, but the women's chose not to??

• Updated 21-10-2022

• Vanjak and Bytsenko might not participate in Chinese League 22/23 both due to their injury.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• Vanjak and Bytsenko might not participate in Chinese League 22/23 both due to their injury.

I seen Vanjak has a knee brace and is on crutches so she's not playing. Bytsenko just got out of quarantine, but she looks ok from the pictures. what was her injury?

• One person in Kaifeng, Henan got COVID-19 and Kaifeng is the host place of Pool A of Chinese League 22/23 of men's event.

Therefore, the league is delayed.

Why!

https://weibo.com/2483994634/MbL2E5rHG

News: Pool A will be delayed. Pool B will still start on Oct.29 this week.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

Edited once, last by tomen ().

• Lazovic arrived and is in quarantine in Dalian. I think she's the last foreigner to get there.

Beijing could be a dark horse this season, but the setter situation is either gonna make or break them.

S:?

Opp: Casanova

OH: Wang Yunlu/Jin Ye, Lazovic

MB: Vuchkova, Zhang Yu

L: Zang Qianqian

• I thought Lei Hailin from a few years back was decent. But there is a rumor that Beijing got Ding Xia.

• I thought Lei Hailin from a few years back was decent. But there is a rumor that Beijing got Ding Xia.

I remember Lei. She was still young too, but I remember something about her retiring which is why Beijing has been using younger setters recently.

Doing Xia could change the game greatly for them.

• they might want to consider.....

1) isolating this one person, testing close contacts and doing a trace....not closing down everything...

2) isolating the matches to really remote locations (like in the desert) where activities are strictly controlled, but matches are live streamed to viewers within and outside China.

3) transferring CVL matches to other countries...love to see them in Malaysia :P

4) just learn to live with the virus...over time viruses will mutate to a less virulent and less deadly forms....they’re clever enough not to kill off their hosts*

5) carry on as usual and keep postponing events ||

* I didn’t just make this up...a HongKong doctor said this during the SARS epidemic.

All I can say is viruses are more clever than some politicians (and some vball coaches)

||

• somehow, I can’t see Beijing beating the top teams like Tianjin, Jiangsu, Liaoning, Shandong, Guangdong or even Fujian or Shenzhen....

and Shanghai which imo might challenge Tianjin for top spot...

however, I do hope Lazovic will do well and enjoy her stay with the team....

• When does the women's women's league season start? And is there any website where you can track statistics etc?

• I didn't expect a vietnamese fan to choose italian song for his video.

• somehow, I can’t see Beijing beating the top teams like Tianjin, Jiangsu, Liaoning, Shandong, Guangdong or even Fujian or Shenzhen....

and Shanghai which imo might challenge Tianjin for top spot...

however, I do hope Lazovic will do well and enjoy her stay with the team....

Shanghai is weaker this year though, Bricio isn't exactly an upgrade from Larson/KYK. Zhong Hui is alright, but Wang Yindi is still a work in progress and their middles are average. Is Wang Weiyi is still playing? lol. What happened to Zhu Xingcheng that won Best Libero at one of the youth world championships before?

I wouldn't call Fujian, Guangdong, Liaoning top teams. They're still good domestically and are usually in the middle of the standings, but without foreigners they lack firepower. At least Jiangsu can somewhat match the offense needed.

Shenzhen is kinda a messy roster with the random players they gathered. I see Dajana Boskovic playing similarly like last season. I think Jaksic and Milojevic are B/C Team players for Serbia. But adding Klisura, Bytsenko, and Kirilyuk seem like wasted opportunities when they could've signed better options.

Beijing needs a good setter to compete with these teams, without one a young inexperienced setter is just going keep them behind.

Depending on the form of Rabadzhieva and Cleger I could see Shandong rising up.