Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2022-2023

• If anyone is unlucky in the NT it was always Uchiseto. They kept doing her dirty. Do you guys remember during Nakada's term some girl got her ACL injury and the one who got the pity invite was Uchiseto. Then Manabe finally gives her a chance with the main team and forced her to play a different position. She always got the short end of everything. Still for someone her height she was a great player both in offense and defense.

Actually, no.

Miyuki Takahashi, who is similarly tall to her, was much better at hitting. Also, no one forced her to play Libero. She can't score, but Manabe insisted that she was NO.1 receiver in NT, then see what happened in World Championship 2022. The same thing happened in 2018. Kumi Nakada also put she on the court thinking she could stabilize the reception and performed terribly. Besides, I never seen her good at floor defense. Mami Uchiseto is an overrated player who has never proven herself in international competitions.

• Hisae is one of those spikers that fall under freakwhackers. Big energy, big booms

Anybody remember the DAZN Spike Challenge that Hisae won? Sixty seconds to hit three ball piles on the other side of the net. Most people couldn't finish. Hisae missed her first shot and then hit the next three :: one two three in about 30 seconds (wasting precious time "setting" the ball to the setter instead of just tossing it)

• Kurowashiki Live Here:

https://mainichi.jp/kurowashiki2023

Women's C Court

Hitachi Rivale 1st match

11:00

Himeji Vic
    PFU BlueCats
    2nd match

13:00

Tokai University
    NEC Red Rockets
    3rd match

15:00

JWCPE
    Toray Arrows
    4th game

17:00

Furukawa High School

Women's D Court

Denso Airybees 1st match

11:00

Okayama
    JT Marvelous
    2nd match

15:00

Kinrankai
    Saitama Ageo 3rd match

17:00

Fukuoka University

Toyota v Kurobe is canceled because Toyota has withdrawn from the competition

• Akari Bono just won my heart with a Hall of Fame Dive at the 3rd point, first set, of the freaking Kurowashiki Tournament :heart:

• New Hitachi libero, Amika Tokumoto from Kinrankai, showing some stuff: good anticipation , courageous diving :rose:

Meanwhile Hitachi new setter, Shuri Kurata from Tsukuba, her sets seem awkwardly high. Maybe she's testing the hang time of her attackers

• vtv.easysports is also going to archive for VOD the Kurowashiki matches

Should be available at 18:30 the day of the matches

I wish they would show more of the Hisamitsu Club Championship matches. We only got the one against Hong Kong. It was a nice delivery with court noise only

• Tokai Mermaids v PFU

https://mainichi.jp/kurowashiki2023/ch3

Looks like Ameze Miyabe is not there but Emily Iiyama is starting, for those who would like to check her out ... nice kill on her first swing

Emily looks very comfortable in Uni Ball system. The setter is using her a lot in transition , both up the middle and right side

• SAGA cultists should pay attention to Ayane Kitamado. She might sneak up on you and become your new ace before you know what's happening. She's growing up fast

It's almost over but here they are playing Mongolia at the Asian Clubs

https://live.qq.com/10156796

• Aimi Koyama is playing for JT

Everyone looks better with a ponytail :rose:

• I don't know how to put this but Yoshitake is quite dull no?

Araki continues to do well. It would be a shame not to use her with the NT

I agree about Yoshitake. It happens with certain players, I guess. She U-Squaded around and helped her HS team win but I couldn't even remember what position she played

There's enough other players to enjoy . I'm not gonna worry about her

• sitenoise do you remember the half russian girl? where is she now?

Tokai Mermaids. Look 7 posts up

• This Fukuoka Uni team playing Saitama:

https://mainichi.jp/kurowashiki2023/ch4

was my hands down mega favorite from the last All Japan Uni Championship (they got Bronze). They are still mostly intact. Let's go girls :super:

Miyu Kawazoe is #2