Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2022-2023

• There's a new girl in Victorina that looks just like Kurogo:/

Who's that?

• There was a moment in the PFU/Saitama match last night where Tominaga (Iwasaki) had a few words and a gesture for PFU's coach. Coach didn't address her but pointed at her to the 2nd referee and said something :lol:

• idgi what does it mean?

It was just a moment of rivalry tension ... Tominaga seems pretty fired up, wants her job back. She had words with the refs a couple times and had a few 'super' spikes. She likes to kill the ball. Nice to see, actually. No othe Japanese setters kill it like she does

Really fun match. PFU and Saitama won't be the same once the imports roll in (4T is exempted of course)

• The girl on the right i dont know her name i just saw it while scrolling through Victorina's twitter

I seriously thought it was Kurogo

That's Rino Furuichi. She's gotten a lot of starts and minutes since she joined mid-season last year. She does look like kurogo there, and in some other pics now that you point it out

• sitenoise are you familiar with Mai Nakaso from Shittenoji? does she have potential? not vb related but she went viral for looking like that girl from Squid Game lol so it got me a little curious

Sorry never heard of her, but funny the recently mentioned Rino Furuichi went to Shitennoji :drink:

• "Hiroyuki Kokubun, chairman of the Japan Volleyball League Organization (V-League), announced on October 11 that the organization intends to establish a new league in 2024 ... he said of the new league, "We would like to announce it in a proper form by the end of the year, if possible," with an eye toward a professional league"

"The former Japan League changed its name to the V-League in 1994 with the aim of turning it professional, but a number of teams opposed the change, and the league never became professional. Although the league has explored the path to professionalization several times, it has so far been limited to a change of name"

It's a slow process :)

• let’s see, how can I piss off sponsors?

we are going fully professional, sure, I wholeheartedly believe they will do this, said sarcastically.

the majority of these teams will still be owned or sponsored by companies. Or in Himeji or Okayama by a number of corporate investors/sponsors.

• In my mind teams already have some name recognition, due to the history of their companies being involved in the league.

so you are telling me that just by changing team names to cities is going to help. J-League (the soccer league) had to have companies invest in franchises to begin and then continue to invest. Does it make sense to do this with teams playing in arenas that are 5K or less?

The basketball league B-League (men) has a ton of teams and probably a better fan environment but in the same size of arena.

Many teams in the v-league are maybe the primary tenant, but do not own their arenas.

Let alone I don’t want teams to be fighting for their lives financially every year, like in Italy.

Valley V League organization to establish a new league with a view to becoming a professional!

In addition to significantly raising the membership fee (annual membership fee), it is also proposing to abolish the quota for foreign players.

The end is near :white:

• Japan is not going to be spending cash like crazy to watch foreigners play volleyball. These teams are going to have to be professional and then throw in a ton of foreigners. Can I say this is stupid.

• In my mind teams already have some name recognition, due to the history of their companies being involved in the league.

so you are telling me that just by changing team names to cities is going to help. J-League (the soccer league) had to have companies invest in franchises to begin and then continue to invest. Does it make sense to do this with teams playing in arenas that are 5K or less?

The basketball league B-League (men) has a ton of teams and probably a better fan environment but in the same size of arena.

Many teams in the v-league are maybe the primary tenant, but do not own their arenas.

Let alone I don’t want teams to be fighting for their lives financially every year, like in Italy.

Do you know the history of B.League? Why B.League is being more successful than V.League? Basketball is less popular than volleyball in Japan. Why?

If basketball players are doing fine in Japan, volleyball players will be fine too.