Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2022-2023

• Can anyone reach Artemis Hokkaido's web site? I've tried vpn, checked network traces, blah blah, and it appears to be up for everyone but me and one other comrade

Really ruffles my feathers :mad:

Been getting this for months:

"Invalid URL.

It may be waiting for the program settings to be reflected.

Please try accessing again after a while"

• I checked it and I'm getting the same error

無効なURLです。

プログラム設定の反映待ちである可能性があります。

しばらく時間をおいて再度アクセスをお試しください。

Maybe they haven't fully set it up or they messed up the redirection thingy. Denso's website also had that problem last year but the site automatically redirects you to some kind of government page? talking about their community work.

• It's been like that for months and they just Tweetered they updated their player list, and other places are linking to it as if they've read something there. It's weird

• hmm. I tried a vpn too and failed. Thank you for checking it out

• What does the NEC post mean about Haruna Soga? Is she retiring from volleyball or will be transferring?

OMG ;( ... sounds like retiring to me

As always:

"There may have been more painful things than happy things"

:(:(:)

Oh well, she never paid me back for all the love I showered upon her

• Wait it doesn't sound like she's retiring. She probably wants to transfer.

yeah, "achieving further growth"

I'm tired of trying to decipher these things :lol: If they don't come right out and say they are transfer hoping I consider them retired until I see otherwise

I like my volleybox avatar

• I don't yet understand this "National 6-person Volleyball League Comprehensive Men's and Women's Championship" tournament but a couple teams have surprisingly streamed matches live on the youtube:

Breath Hamamatsu x Toyota Body Queens

PFU x JA Gifu

• Neriman to Denso? according to voleybolmagazin

• yeah, "achieving further growth"

I'm tired of trying to decipher these things :lol: If they don't come right out and say they are transfer hoping I consider them retired until I see otherwise

I like my volleybox avatar

Soga just got selected to NT wide roster this year, it'll be a shame if she retires :gone:

If she's transferring, damn that's a late transfer

• In comparison to other nationalities, there's a few Japanese players (specially the ones from the NT) who don't stay very long. Those people you mentioned are just a few. Not that there's anything wrong with it. Just seems to be something that's way less common in others.

Well not sure if it's more common in Japan or wherever, though there have been other users who noticed that East Asian players "tend" to retire around or before the 30 year old mark, but of course there have been many exceptions.

For Kobata, it's a decision she had thought over for a while now (according to her IG retirement post). Definitely, she was still on top of her game, but she retired because she felt it was time, and she also missed the time not spent with family and friends. Many times, players retire because they've already reached their personal goals in volleyball or feel like it's time to move on from the sport.

It's hard to pin what factors may influence the players' decision to retire because there are just so many possibilities, i.e. you have Nagoaka who has never fully moved on from her injury and barely plays much matches but has yet to announce her retirement. You'd think that someone who's in their "prime" like Ishii would retire but she didn't. We also never thought someone still "young" with years ahead of her would continue playing but they retired, like Hirose.

It's also difficult to say that it's a cultural thing (i.e. maybe people retire because they get married or whatnot). It's just a very interesting phenomenon that happens

• Danielle Cuttino, one of the Opposite hitters of USA this VNL is likely playing for Japan VLeague next season. She included the Japan flag in her instagram profile under Professional Volleyball including the two countries she already played at. Who needs an Opposite hitter, Saitama?

• Danielle Cuttino, one of the Opposite hitters of USA this VNL is likely playing for Japan VLeague next season. She included the Japan flag in her instagram profile under Professional Volleyball including the two countries she already played at. Who needs an Opposite hitter, Saitama?

Saitama, Toyota, saga etc...

This is very usual for jvl to recruit and hire foreign player so late?

• Saitama, Toyota, saga etc...

This is very usual for jvl to recruit and hire foreign player so late?

This is still considered an early stage. Japanese clubs tend to announce things at a later date (visa issues, paperworks etc.). Denso did not announce Plummer until the very last minute when V League already started in October.