Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2022-2023

• Hiroyo Yamanaka is there. Only tuned in after Set 2 started. She's not playing, but in uniform fanning players during time outs. Shouldn't she be at training camp for AVC Cup :/

• Hiroyo Yamanaka is there. Only tuned in after Set 2 started. She's not playing, but in uniform fanning players during time outs. Shouldn't she be at training camp for AVC Cup :/

All the AVC Cup players are still there, even Yuka Sato. Even in other clubs, the AVC Cup players are still seen training with them. I don't know how they are going to train for NT :lol:

• All the AVC Cup players are still there, even Yuka Sato. Even in other clubs, the AVC Cup players are still seen training with them. I don't know how they are going to train for NT :lol:

Maybe they just have this weekend off?

Is there any way with this scoreboard to tell who won each set, or even just what is the Set Score?

This is NEC B team, but they should be a lot better than this. Saitama is playing Rookie Soup and handling them easily

Miiku Iwasawa :rose::*

• Ugh. Kobe Shinwa University won't be joining the PVL Invitationals anymore. The (collegiate) Philippine NT who'll play in the AVC Cup will replace them instead.

"The school made the call to cancel its participation in the conference after one of its student-athletes yielded a positive RT-PCR result moments after the team's flight to the country. The rest of Kobe Shinwa were close contacts." https://pvl.ph/news/ph-nationa…nwa-in-invitational-semis

• Ugh. Kobe Shinwa University won't be joining the PVL Invitationals anymore. The (collegiate) Philippine NT who'll play in the AVC Cup will replace them instead.

"The school made the call to cancel its participation in the conference after one of its student-athletes yielded a positive RT-PCR result moments after the team's flight to the country. The rest of Kobe Shinwa were close contacts." https://pvl.ph/news/ph-nationa…nwa-in-invitational-semis

Double Bummer:

1. I was building excitement for them. This squad seems to be a breakout team for the Uni. They won the Kansai Spring League this year
    2. Covid is rampaging in Japan :white:
  • Greeting from Tugba on the tweetboxer

She speaks Japanese?

• PFU Blue Cats bring back Roslandy Acosta

That suggests or confirms, to some degree, that Valdes is not considered an import any longer, although I'm not certain if she actually carried the "A Registration" in previous seasons

From the are we that stupid column?

What's that about :/

• Acosta is 'newly appointed' Team Captain. The overall strangest announcement of announcement season, imo :what:

source

• is this the first time a foreign player was appointed captain

As far as I know (but my awareness only goes back 5-6 years)

• I didn't think that was even allowed. But a look through all the captains the ones generally appointed seem to be the players who got along well with everyone. Acosta is a huge favorite by members. I noticed this because even in Denso she got along really well with all of them. The same goes for JT's current captain who is the team clown.

• Not a fan of Acosta. I would've preferred if PFU got another foreign player, not her.

If it's true 4T is onboard again, I think Acosta means 4T will be MB sponge again

Or, maybe Acosta doesn't play much. She just devotes herself to Captain'ing