Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2022-2023

• Mai Irisawa killing it on defense :cheesy: It's like this Hitachi squad are all smoking crack, in a good way :super:

• I like how these first two sets seemed like they were controlled by the team that ended up losing them :lol:

• She's no Elena Pietrini but Kurobe's Mayuka Tobe is doing the no knee pads look pretty well

• sitenoise do you know if nagaoka played?

dub subbed a couple times, took 1 swing

Stats

• 2023.01.15 Results

Home [-] Away
    Set 1 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Stats

Toyota 0–3 Saitama

28-30

16-25

15-25

59–80

Himeji 1–3 Denso

25-20

26-28

17-25

17-25

85–98

SAGA 3–1 Hitachi

29-27

23-25

25-15

25-21

102–88

Okayama 1–3 Toray

22-25

25-21

25-27

11-25

83–98

PFU 3–1 Kurobe

19-25

25-22

25-20

27-25

96–92

• i think mana may actually be injured. this homegame is the first time since 2015 that she hasn't participated. but i don't understand why they went with nishimura immediately. ikeya was also available. she's been benched since 2020

• I'm not sure what you mean by this... it's normal for subs.

Airi took 1 swing during VNL didn't she.

I wouldn't call it normal and it shouldn't be. A sub's role is to be able to contribute to the scoring in any way. Especially as someone whose priority is offense and doesn't have to worry about defense. That's just disappointing.

• I wouldn't call it normal and it shouldn't be. A sub's role is to be able to contribute to the scoring in any way. Especially as someone whose priority is offense and doesn't have to worry about defense. That's just disappointing.

Nakagawa has been subbing with zeroes in her stats and still somehow made the NT so think about that

• If you come on as a serving sub, unless you get a back row set, your stats will be zero.

if you come on as a blocking sub (24-23 or something where you need to block first), you may not get a swing, as you are dependent on either blocking the ball or a dig by a teammate to have a chance to swing.

only if you are subbed mid-way in the set would you basically have a chance to swing.

• Tugba May have had her best weekend in Japan, but Kurobe could have swept the weekend series with PFU if they had any blocks on Sunday. Out blocked by PFU 13-4 and they lost by 4 points in 4 sets. PFU even gifted them with +10 points of service errors.

Tapp with the mini-sub role again on Sunday. I’ll just go with probably highest paid player on the team and you are not using her. How many blocks did we have against a foreign opposite? For the whole match the answer against all of the Springs was 2. Sometimes coaches just make no sense.

• Mayu Ishikawa and Koga basically playing like foreign opposites on the court with their scoring per set.

Mayu at 4.45 kills per set and Koga at 4.21 per set.

Mayu has a higher kill percentage at 40.8% than her opposite teammate at 40.3%.

• at basically the halfway point right now (16 of 33 matches)

JT, Toray and NEC probably locks for Final 4.

Saga and Ageo have not faced each other but Ageo with 2 more games to play than Saga and already tied on wins probably has the advantage right now. Saga will probably need to take at least 2 of the 3 matches with Ageo to have a chance at the final 4.

Okayama, Kurobe and Himeji will battle for the bottom two spots that will put them in the Challenge Match Playoff for Relegation to V2. While I don’t think that any team will go down, still you don’t want to be playing in those matches.

• Mayu Ishikawa and Koga basically playing like foreign opposites on the court with their scoring per set.

Mayu at 4.45 kills per set and Koga at 4.21 per set.

Mayu has a higher kill percentage at 40.8% than her opposite teammate at 40.3%.

What about Hayashi?