Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2022-2023

• This NEC Hitachi commentator is having fun. I appreciate that

• :aww:

They don't make as big a deal these days as they used to. They just mostly do an interview now. They used to load the girls up with more than they could carry. And I swear, on more than one occasion it looked like a bag of potatoes. And at least one import, I think it was kRob, has joked about the amount of rice in her apartment from VOM wins

• Hitachi no.3 Osanai is good in attack and defense....

She's Captain and a fan favorite having a great year :rose:

• I love how the last few points of a Tie Break are always crazy rallies

And crazy challenges

And go Deuce

:box:

• Oh man ... Saiga aces Kojima for the match . That's like the pitcher hitting a home run :super:

• 2023.02.05 Results

Home [-] Away
    Set 1 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Stats

SAGA 3–0 Denso

25-18

25-16

25-23

75–57

Himeji 0–3 Toray

18-25

15-25

23-25

56–75

Hitachi 3–2 NEC

25-23

18-25

25-22

18-25

16-14

102–109

Saitama 3–0 Okayama

25-19

25-22

25-18

75–59

Kurobe 3–1 Toyota

22-25

25-20

25-16

25-20

97–81

JT 3–1 PFU

25-15

25-18

22-25

25-15

97–73

All Kurobe All the Time

• Ai Hirota has nice legs :rose:

I need to find out who the announcer for this Hitachi match was. He's a pro, knows how to scream without raising his voice. Thank you for not being Mr Rogers

• They don't make as big a deal these days as they used to. They just mostly do an interview now. They used to load the girls up with more than they could carry. And I swear, on more than one occasion it looked like a bag of potatoes. And at least one import, I think it was kRob, has joked about the amount of rice in her apartment from VOM wins

Interesting....

In contrast Sumo wrestlers get a stack of money if they win 💰

• Interesting....

In contrast Sumo wrestlers get a stack of money if they win 💰

I don't know if they get money or not. Others here should know more. I don't often pay much attention to it. Many of these Japanese players are so meek they can barely talk, and I don't want to know that about them :S

• Kurobe and Saitama play a night game this week, Wednesday. It's one of the make up matches that got covid canceled. 17:00 JST 2023.02.08

Midnight for me but I'll be there

Kurobe broke the 1,000 people barrier both nights this weekend: 1,180 last night and 1,270 tonight :drink: Another Chapter out of the winner's playbook :cheesy:

Tugba and Pimpichaya are consistently hitting mid-40%, as lovers. If Takahashi could break into the 40s they'd be unstoppable. Maki Yamaguchi is whippin ass at one MB, and of course Hitomi as Guardian Deity is sublime

Nice that Kurobe Uni-drafted an OH (Aoyama's Captain, Hoshino Sumida), and an MB, (JWCPE's Captain, Reika Sato) ... both pretty good players, Summer League Uni-Starters, etc.

#gogoKurobe

• I don't know if they get money or not. Others here should know more. I don't often pay much attention to it. Many of these Japanese players are so meek they can barely talk, and I don't want to know that about them :S

in sumo, each of the signs they hold up in the ring are paid advertisements. They are called kensho, the sumo association take about 14% and the winner receives the rest. 1 ad is worth 70,000 yen, sumo association takes 10,000 yen, so the winner gets 60,000 yen.

In big matches it is not unheard of 10 or more boards. So each envelope received is one ad paid for.

in 2010 Hakuho, won 2111 kensho in these ads (slightly different price level), which is the most in a single year. Considering they only have 90 matches (normally held 6 tournaments 6x for 15 days each and count to totals and actual records) in a calendar year. Hakuho went 86-4 winning 5 titles in one of the greatest displays in sumo history. He would have averaged 24 of these awards per day in his wins.

• Springs officially in the playoff hunt now with NEC chasing Saitama. Springs with one more win than NEC if matches on games played. Still Springs have to worry about points as both NEC and Saitama can pass them if tied on wins.

Kotoe Inoue got to serve today (and yesterday) for NEC. The last time was in the 2017-2018 Final. Inoue is 163 cm tall, Kojima is 158.

• Position movement through today's matches

In the battle for the Final 4

JT is just coasting right now. 1 win advantage plus 4 points ahead of Toray, 2 wins and 7 points ahead of Springs and 3 wins and 10 wins ahead of Saitama.

Saitama has passed Toray through 20 matches for 2nd place but has to keep winning to matches to stay in front of them. Any dropping of points and Toray would jump in front of them. If tied on wins and points, Saitama will have better sets ratio.

Hisamitsu will be 1 win ahead when NEC match on matches played after today's results. Hence the drop to 5th with match 20. However, NEC has points advantage if tied on wins vs. Hisamitsu. Springs have to keep winning to stay in the top 4. Springs are behind Saitama on sets ratio if tied on points and wins.

Hitachi's win today puts them in front of Denso, PFU and Kurobe into 7th place. Kurobe can still leapfrog Denso and PFU win two wins.

Victorina is 6 wins out of 10th, with 11 games left. They will be in the Challenger Match. Okayama can pass Kurobe on points with 3 wins, but if Kurobe keeps winning, they will be 4 wins behind PFU. Very likely that Okayama will be the other Challenge match team.

• Victorina is such a confusing team and the skorts are seriously an eyesore. If Manabe co-owns it why doesn't he just take over as the coach as well? Wouldn't that give the team an edge instead of being known as the pink skort group? Airi and Plak didn't sign up for that.

• Victorina is such a confusing team and the skorts are seriously an eyesore. If Manabe co-owns it why doesn't he just take over as the coach as well? Wouldn't that give the team an edge instead of being known as the pink skort group? Airi and Plak didn't sign up for that.

I doubt he's interested. Manabe hasn't coached locally in a very long time. We're talking ancient.

But if he were to coach in the league Hisamitsu would most likely call dibs.

• I doubt he's interested. Manabe hasn't coached locally in a very long time. We're talking ancient.

But if he were to coach in the league Hisamitsu would most likely call dibs.

I think Manabe considers Abe his man on the street. Abe's been there from the beginning, as GM, and I assume he (they?) figured Abe's coaching history would work for Himeji. I'd even bet there was backroom shenanigans that led them oust that other U-Squad experienced coach Kodai Nakaya, and that Abe would be better to take Airi Himeji to the next level

I'm all for coaches playing wacky, like with receiving MBs and whatnot, but Abe's just flailing, not playing an intelligent wacky game

I also think Manabe is committed to his hometown and would never go SAGA. He may have dreams that ...

... Himeji is the future :rolll: