Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2022-2023

• Saga's Black Eagle Flag starters will most likely be the same as their Asian Club Championship squad

Wait, I was wondering why Ishii wasn't going to retire at Black Eagle, like is kind of traditional, I thought. It's because SAGA isn't playing Black Eagle. They are doing the Asian Club thing

• Did Kato and Nomoto retire during Black Eagle?

I don't know. . I don't follow too much. It was canceled a couple years. I even remember tweeter speculation of Ishii postponing her retirement because there was no Black Eagle. Oh the irony

• Part 2 (of 3) of the interview with Masaaki Ohkawa ... not sure of his name translation 大河正明(おおかわ・まさあき)Part 1

Ohkawa has been involved with J.League since 1995. In 2015, he launched the B.League as chairman and laid the foundation for the professional basketball world

When using examples he mostly references the man version, but SAGA and Himeji come up in interesting ways

The V-League has a conflicting axis of "professional" and "non-professional"

Hisamitsu Springs or Saga Springs?

Ohkawa: It would be nice if the official name of the team would be "SAGA Hisamitsu Springs", but I think it would be good if you could think about whether Hisamitsu Springs or Saga Springs would be more advantageous in attracting customers and sponsors

When the B League was launched, the so-called manager class was all under the age of 40

Ohkawa: I think the management class should be a little younger. It's a sport, and ticket B2C and sales B2B must be done aggressively by people in their late 30s or just turned 40

When I go to a match in Himeji, I feel like I'm rooting for the team rather than the players <<--- :!:

The pure earnings of the B league is 6.2 billion yen. Compared to that, the V League is about 300 million

• I must've missed this...who is this?

I didn't know that they could change it to Saga Springs but if they pull an ugly long name like Hitachi Asparagus Rivale it wouldn't stick

• I must've missed this...who is this?

I didn't know that they could change it to Saga Springs but if they pull an ugly long name like Hitachi Asparagus Rivale it wouldn't stick

I was hoping someone familiar with other sports leagues and his involvement there might know of him

It's tough with google word salad to follow completely but he's been brought in to help guide the transition to the V.League Reborn 2024/25 movement. His resume and connections seem solid and he has a pleasant down home way

In some ways there's not much new but the way he looks at things and presents them seems fresh. I highly recommend reading the interview -- there's one more part to drop next week

• biggest problem with the new guy is basically you are going to kill a league that was stable, to more chaos. There is not enough infrastructure to have these be professional management of teams, let alone women’s teams. They are going to have to bring experienced people from soccer or basketball, but the investment needed may be more than some of the old corporate parents are willing to spend.

With the thing about the players is the kids play a team sport that gets attention because the sport needs individuals. Chicken and egg syndrome.

――「法人化を必須条件にしないトップリーグ」「実業団色を残した改革」という部分で、ジャパンラグビー リーグワンと比較されそうです。

大河:バレーは将来的に独立採算を実現できる可能性があります。ラグビーはラグビーをこよなく愛している人が企業のトップにいて、その人たちの思いで成り立っている部分が大きいでしょう。バレーボールは頑張って稼げば、企業側にラグビーのような負担は発生しないはずです。

バレーだと、今残念ながらV1女子の最下位ですけどヴィクトリーナ姫路が予算を6億円くらい持っています。強い弱いはあるけれど、リーグが目指す一つの姿なのかもしれません。姫路の試合に行くと、選手よりチームを応援している感じもあります。

It surprises me that Victorina Himeji has an annual budget of 600 million Yens (about 4.5 million euros). That's almost the same as the men's club Perugia, which is the richest club in Italy. I can only say that they spent their money wrong.

• Big volleyball weekend :!:

I don't feel it's impossible that both V1 teams get relegated

Kanto Spring League starts in a couple hours too :box:

• ?(

one maybe, Himeji ?...but both? unlikely :lol:

Okayama swinging good and playing defense . If they keep it up, they're safe

• Kaneda whipped out the High RBI thing for this match :box:

• Gunma needs to switch out their little firecracker #1 Tanaka and go full Ranna Shiraiwa :rose:

When Tanaka isn't landing, Gunma can't win

• For those keeping track of these things, Gunma's 2nd setter here in Set 2 was snatched from the Legendary Yamanashi Chuo Bank Sporting Bears

... And it's #10 Ranna Shiraiwa Time :super: (for the OP, tho)