Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2022-2023

• Small FYI Inoue's bestfriend is Kana yoshioka

I had no idea

• I've said this before but until now I still don't get Yoshioka's appeal. Is she still a thing? I don't think I've seen her play this season.

She hasn't dressed in the last two seasons, and barely at all the season before that ... I think she is just part of the organization to skwort in front of potential sponsors and such

Strangely, she was a good player in college and first year with Himeji in V2: Best Spiker and Best Server Award winner

• I'm still confused by the new S V League vision. If JVL gets rid of Kurowashiki then are they going to make all the non League fight the lower divisions instead while they send some of the V1 teams to compete with other clubs around the world? because that's essentially what Japanese football clubs are doing. They have tournaments that lets the top teams battle other teams worldwide.

• How will the matches work now that there's a V3? I assume by next season with the launch of the new SVL

We don't know yet if there will be a V3 next season. I think there will be, but nobody is saying. If they do have V3 it will probably just be a triple Round Robin, and V2 will be a double Round Robin like it was this year

• I'm still confused by the new S V League vision. If JVL gets rid of Kurowashiki then are they going to make all the non League fight the lower divisions instead while they send some of the V1 teams to compete with other clubs around the world? because that's essentially what Japanese football clubs are doing. They have tournaments that lets the top teams battle other teams worldwide.

Poor Kurowashiki :( They could have the V1 teams that don't make Final Stage compete in Kurowashiki. Regular Season ends mid April

• We don't know yet if there will be a V3 next season. I think there will be, but nobody is saying. If they do have V3 it will probably just be a triple Round Robin, and V2 will be a double Round Robin like it was this year

How many teams are included in this? Where does Viale Hyogo fall under?

• How many teams are included in this? Where does Viale Hyogo fall under?

There will be 14 teams for V2/V3 ... The 11 there now and the three new teams that got V3 licenses: Artemis Hokkaido, Kanoa Laulea's Fukuoka, and Kurashiki Ablaze

Viale Hyogo doesn't have any license so they won't be involved next season , but they might apply for the new V League 24/25 (not the SV League) which will be kind of like V2 -- the "community" based leagu

• Raf I think the reason Victorina spun off their "training team" Max Value to become Viale Hyogo was precisely so it could apply for V League. I believe that as a "training" team they wouldn't be allowed to do that ... sort of like the way Mie Takada VC sala morphed into Veertien Mie?

• Viale Hyogo said they will be accepting retired players so I was under the impression that it's a club ~just for fun~ like the Mama Volleyball with Shinnabe, Maiko Kano, Yuko Sano and JVA director Kawai

Ha ! That could be. I read the "retired" bit as meaning players who 退団 or 任意引退 because they didn't get play time that might want to actually continue playing volleyball. Maybe like Kana Yoshioka :lol:

• Toyota is withdrawing from Kurowashiki due to injuries and whatnot

vbm

• Hisamitsu Springs scores vs Vietnam

KITAMADO - 17 pts (14 attacks, 1 block, 2 aces)

HAMAMATSU - 12 pts (11 attacks, 1 block)

YOSHITAKE - 11 pts (9 attacks, 1 block, 1 ace)

NAKAJIMA - 11 pts (11 attacks)

ARAKI - 10 pts (10 attacks)

SAKAE - 3 pts (1 attack, 2 aces)