Italy - Superlega 2022/23

• Lube could have had a great comeback, but with 0-4 opening in set 5, it was almost impossible. The decision to start with Yant serving was not a good choice. He had the hot hands, but got stuck receiving at position 1 and out of attacking. Both Bottolo and Garcia were not so reliable on attacking in the front row. It was very difficult to recover.

Yant had a great perfomance. I was waiting for breakthrough from him since the Club World Championship 2021, but hadn't seen it. Perhaps, tonight it came, since the blocking at the end of set 3. Unfortunately, the team lost, Otherwise, it could be confidence boost for him.

• Lube is still struggling. There are some problems that have been exisiting since the beginning of the season.

1. Passing is very inconsistent. It had collapsed several times at crucial moments.

2. The middles' level dropped too much comparing to last season. Chinenyeze is not a top tier MB. He is not performing well in attacking, blocking, or serving. Anzani's level has dropped a lot. They need to search good MBs for next season.

3. They lack a real leader in the team. The captin De Cecco's body language and attitude on court are not positive. Zaytsev doesn't want to be a leader. The other veterans doesn't have any leadership. When the team is not performing well, noboday can stand up to make the team focus. Blengini is also not doing a good job building such a team with a lot of young players.

The season is still not over, but if they don't bounce back, they will be in big trouble.

• it’s not Anzani’s fault (and he’s dealing with an injury): you can’t replace Simon with any center in the world.

• Perugia - Piacenza 0-1 live right now… it can be interesting

• Does anyone know how the matchup of Coppa Italia quarterfinals is determined? Is it based on the final ranking of the last season, the ranking of the current season up to a certain date, or something else?

Ranking at matchday 11.

Perugia 1

Milano 2 (beat lube 2)

Trentino 3 (beat Modena 3)

Piacenza 4 (beat Verona 4)

• Perugia lost its first point of the season, winning 2-3 at Trento. I really don’t know what to say about Perugia, absolutely dominant.

• A Japanese looking member of Verona bench approached Takahashi at the end of Verona-Padova match yesterday. He introduced Ran to other Verona players. I hope he stays with Padova where his OH spot is more secured. BTW, enjoyed the match between these two team yesterday! Padova libero needs to work more.

• A Japanese looking member of Verona bench approached Takahashi at the end of Verona-Padova match yesterday. He introduced Ran to other Verona players. I hope he stays with Padova where his OH spot is more secured. BTW, enjoyed the match between these two team yesterday! Padova libero needs to work more.

The Japanese member from Verona bench is a University volleyball player in Japan. Chuo University (where Yuki Ishikawa graduated from) sent 4 of their players in Italy to different teams - Verona, Cisterna, Siena and Modena I think, as trainees.

• i don’t know how we won a WC with Romanò

and obviously Romanò played his best game of the season against us right after my post.

Karma…:D

• Plotnytsky is top 5 in his role lately. Absurd level of form, from him.