Italian Women's NT 2023

• But She had really good play offs against both Conegliano and Scandicci.

She had terrible season but the last part of the season was quite good :what:

• Unbelievable that Spirito wasn't even considered. De Bortoli would have been deserving of a spot too.

This is sad.

Parrocchiale has been Mazzanti's "favorite daughter" for years, all the opportunity given to her and yet in 2023 she is still terrible at reception. Last year, Fersino finally took her spot to be the backup for Moki, I was glad he finally gave up on Parrocchiale. And bang! she is back this year ;(;(

• But She had really good play offs against both Conegliano and Scandicci.

She had terrible season but the last part of the season was quite good :what:

Her reception was a mess in the playoffs too, and anyway she was called before those games even happened. She was like the worst libero this season, it made no sense whatsoever calling her

• This is sad.

Parrocchiale has been Mazzanti's "favorite daughter" for years, all the opportunity given to her and yet in 2023 she is still terrible at reception. Last year, Fersino finally took her spot to be the backup for Moki, I was glad he finally gave up on Parrocchiale. And bang! she is back this year ;(;(

Yeah, I don't understand why he's so hooked on some players neither. The same goes for Sylvia Nwakalor and D'Odorico: they both had their chances in the NT and in their clubs but they never showed something special to justify another call and yet...

• Yeah, I don't understand why he's so hooked on some players neither. The same goes for Sylvia Nwakalor and D'Odorico: they both had their chances in the NT and in their clubs but they never showed something special to justify another call and yet...

oh don't get me start with Nwakalor , i will be ranting for hours.

Luckily we have Kate now so it just a matter of time for her to squeeze Nwakalor out of NT for good. Any coach who is not blind will pick Kate over Nwakalor without second thought.

• Yeah, I don't understand why he's so hooked on some players neither. The same goes for Sylvia Nwakalor and D'Odorico: they both had their chances in the NT and in their clubs but they never showed something special to justify another call and yet...

We all know that Mazzanti is the problem here. He should've been fired long ago but that double coaching stupidity of a rule also hinders the chances of getting a world-class coach.

That's said, I'm not a fan of Nwakalor but among the remaining OPPs, who else can take her place? Mazzanti has already given up on Nicoletti and Mingardi, Sorokaite retired, Frosini is young and inexperience. At least I'm glad he decided to include Malual.

As people said, best scenario here is for Kate to get her passport asap so she can take Sylvia's spot.

And the point you male here is completely valid also for players like Mingardi and Nicoletti. Mazzanti gave up on those two rather quickly as oposed to some other players.

• Nah, Mingardi is a mediocre player for NT. There's not much room for her to grow due to her limited condition and she is not young anymore

I still don't know how Frosini will grow, maybe next season Velasco could train her well and does some magic. Anyway, since we have Kate now, it's just a matter of time. Paola could rest and skip these relatively not that important matches and let Kate take the lead.

• I also lost hope from Mingardi but nicoletti had a phenomenal season, it is not fair that she didn't get the invite 🤦

• Mazzaro and Bosio's connection has been bad throughout the whole season in Chieri, often hitting under 40%. It's not like they will wake up and suddenly create some chemistry. Hopefully in the 3 games left, Mazzanti could at least try Linda. Nwakalor or Squarcini. Squarcini starting would definitely help earn more breakpoints with her hybrid serve.

• The thing that worries me a little bit is the fact that sometimes the team doesn't look like they know where they're going. They really do look like a team that it is lost in terms of confidence, belief in themselves and belief in the coaching staff perhaps as well. Not just yesterday and not just with the B or C teams, I'm talking throughout some of the last tournaments we've played (2019 EC and 2021 OG i.e.).

Another thing I don't understand is what's the frame of mind behind these calls, because if they were made to let them build chemistry, when will these players ever play together again? And if they were made to let them have some international experience, maybe we should have brought some of the youngsters who have done so great last summer in youth tournaments.

• As comparison, China : 71% - 36% , Brazil : 61% -39% (with two very young OHs receiving ).

This is just pathetic :wavy::wavy:

Honesty what is kinda pathetic is your comment. Out of all the players available, I would have also played Omoruyi and Degradi as starters. I'm glad Loli did a good job since she's a fine OH prospect for the future (near if she continues like this).