Serbian Women's NT 2023

• Will she be happy to be a back up though?

I mean there is foreigner limit in Turkey so that kinda makes sense there.

But in NT?

I'm not sure how I feel about bringing a 36y/o and 40y/o setter to Olympic lol

• Will she be happy to be a back up though?

I mean there is foreigner limit in Turkey so that kinda makes sense there.

But in NT?

I'm not sure how I feel about bringing a 36y/o and 40y/o setter to Olympic lol

Yes, she is aware that Drca is better now.

About Olympics, with new format this will be shortest tournament ever...

• This situation reminds me of Fofão/ Venturini situation before Beijing 2008.

• This situation reminds me of Fofão/ Venturini situation before Beijing 2008.

Let's hope it has the same outcome, no?;)

• Let's hope it has the same outcome, no?;)

For Brazil :lol:

• I thought she's very young. where has she ben all this time. it's like she just popped up

she was majas back up for a while. Her name used to be Zivkovic

• she was majas back up for a while. Her name used to be Zivkovic

If by "for a while" you mean her whole career, then yeah. That she managed to do it without breaking psychologically (let alone coming up with such a performance when she was finally given the chance), also speaks extremelly well of her. Antonijevic, only a year older than Bojana, already gave up on the job of being Maja's (rarely used) understudy by her mid 20s. I can't blame her. It's a thankless and tough task. Always being the ugly duckling to Maja's princess, always being judged (by the world and by yourself even) as less worthy; as not good enough. It's enough to break the strongest of wills.

I myself always considered her a workingman-like setter to Maja's artist. And here's the thing: for most of her career, she was. How much of that was the pressure and the inferiority complex holding her back from achieving her true potential, none of us (maybe even herself) can answer.

• If by "for a while" you mean her whole career, then yeah. That she managed to do it without breaking psychologically (let alone coming up with such a performance when she was finally given the chance), also speaks extremelly well of her. Antonijevic, only a year older than Bojana, already gave up on the job of being Maja's (rarely used) understudy by her mid 20s. I can't blame her. It's a thankless and tough task. Always being the ugly duckling to Maja's princess, always being judged (by the world and by yourself even) as less worthy; as not good enough. It's enough to break the strongest of wills.

I myself always considered her a workingman-like setter to Maja's artist. And here's the thing: for most of her career, she was. How much of that was the pressure and the inferiority complex holding her back from achieving her true potential, none of us (maybe even herself) can answer.

I would rather her start over maja in Paris. Also side note. She’s so pretty

• If by "for a while" you mean her whole career, then yeah. That she managed to do it without breaking psychologically (let alone coming up with such a performance when she was finally given the chance), also speaks extremelly well of her. Antonijevic, only a year older than Bojana, already gave up on the job of being Maja's (rarely used) understudy by her mid 20s. I can't blame her. It's a thankless and tough task. Always being the ugly duckling to Maja's princess, always being judged (by the world and by yourself even) as less worthy; as not good enough. It's enough to break the strongest of wills.

And yet, there has also been another side of her. I remember watching a CEV Cup match of Crvena Zvezda some time around 2010 with Zivkovic, Bjelica, Malagurski, Blagojevic, Ninkovic and some other MB I don't remember right now. Zivkovic was playing a very varied game back then, lots of middle play, quick shoot sets to Blagojevic. No comparison to the rather boring "workingman-like" setter she was in most of her NT career...

• Nobody comparing Drca vs Ognjenovic overall, Maja is legend, but we need to talk about current state/shape.

Ognjenovic cannot play 3 days in a row, i am not sure if she can play some intense 5 setters now. She is 38y.

On other hand, Drca is literally in her prime days now, Maja was dragon 4 years ago.

Drca and Wolosh are 2 best setters in the world now, rest cannot compete with them.

• Ognjenovic cannot play 3 days in a row, i am not sure if she can play some intense 5 setters now. She is 38y.

With all due respect, but who are we to decide that? I mean she literally played 4 matches in 5 days a month ago at the club world champs. She was starter in all sets expect the 1st set against Conegliano. We're skipping Maja way too easy here

• I agree, except the last line, which is debatable at minimum. But that's our respective jobs, right? You to be an incorrigible, incurable optimist, and me a spoilsport pessimist.:P:rolll:

• With all due respect, but who are we to decide that? I mean she literally played 4 matches in 5 days a month ago at the club world champs. She was starter in all sets expect the 1st set against Conegliano. We're skipping Maja way too easy here

Its not the same playing against Minas and Praia and playing Poland, USA and Brasil in that order :)