2023 U19 Women's World Championship

• I lack brazilian mb they are good in block and in attack

But brazilian opp is nowhere to be seem in this tournament and game is really based on OH,a team with good block at pins can win from them easily

But today Italia is playing as worse as brazil,really bad game imo,batte is really limited as setters,esposito sisters also they are like defensive oh,they score but not really strong

Mb and opp is doing difference for Italy but a game with a lot of mistakes and not really as I expected

• ITA claimed first position and will play now with bench players

• I don’t know if was technical decision but Brazil plays too much on position 4 on attack. The good thing in this match it’s that Larissa is proving herself today. Brazil needs her in the playoffs. A really close game against Italy.

more like setters decision :lol::lol::lol:

our setter is even worst, so bad that only can set in position 4 :lol:

• I don’t know if was technical decision but Brazil plays too much on position 4 on attack. The good thing in this match it’s that Larissa is proving herself today. Brazil needs her in the playoffs. A really close game against Italy.

Brazilian opp has been so weak the entire tournament only making few points and struggling a lot even with weak teams

• I think that Brazilian Opp played good today in attack. It wasn’t her fault the absence of sets to her. I actually think that she did way good. I think that in set 1 and set 2 she didn’t receive a set in position 1 and she clearly has the power to do so. I guess is a tactical decision or/and the lack of skills from the setter. Besides the receptions problems this Brazil team can be an underdog in playoffs.

Could be just this game but I have a really bad view of Italian OH. Poor reception and bad attack even been the third option besides Opp and MBs on the net.

ITA MBs and Opp are really good. The other MB besides Manfredini reminds me of Stefan’s from Serbia.

• Brazilian opp has been so weak the entire tournament only making few points and struggling a lot even with weak teams

but she has power and was quiet good today. She didn’t receive a lot of balls. In past games o thought she was bad but she has potential and the coach should try to take advantage of this.

Brazil plays a lot in position 4. This didn’t help the problem with reception.

• I really like maia carlotta monaco,she is kinda as good as linda

She takes atamah starting spot and did so good,I like her slides

• IMO Larissa Brandão ( BRA Opp) has the power to do great in this competition. It’s more something mental. She needs to find confidence. She prove in this game that she has the skills to do so.

• Brazilian opp has been so weak the entire tournament only making few points and struggling a lot even with weak teams

Did you watch the matches or did you just look at the box scores? Because the setter clearly isn't comfortable setting to pos. 2, for most of the tournamnet Larissa had like 5 clean hits per match and like 3 of those were from pos. 4. She has more to work with today and she is playing very well IMO.

EDIT: 3 of those were from pos. 4, not 2

• more like setters decision :lol::lol::lol:

our setter is even worst, so bad that only can set in position 4 :lol:

it makes the game more difficult for OH

• Did you watch the matches or did you just look at the box scores? Because the setter clearly isn't comfortable setting to pos. 2, for most of the tournamnet Larissa had like 5 clean hits per match and like 3 of those were from pos. 4. She has more to work with today and she is playing very well IMO.

EDIT: 3 of those were from pos. 4, not 2

I just can’t believe that Brazil setters are in this level nowadays. 🥲

• Oh I didn't know Mikaela had a jump serve. I like her, too bad she's short. She's still quite young though (2007), maybe she'll grow more.

• Lol. no way. I agree she's good and could become a good Mb, maybe a great one but have you seen Linda's attack, defense, and serve. She's miles ahead if any of her peers.

Yeah at least in this match she has been good

but i see a lot of potential of her

• Oh I didn't know Mikaela had a jump serve. I like her, too bad she's short. She's still quite young though (2007), maybe she'll grow more.

She plays in club level as Líbero or am I wrong?

• Yeah at least in this match she has been good

but i see a lot of potential of her

Well this generation is good. Besides Merit, Linda and Safa (i would've loved for the FIPAV to officially say why she wasn't included in the final U18 roster. She's clearly better than Batte and Coba), there are other interesting names: Monaco, the Espositos, Amoruso, and Moroni.

• I thought that Italy was more stronger, without Safa they suffer a downgrade. It was a close game, again the same problems as yesterday, lack of power to finish the game and the libero not doing what she is supposed to.

• She plays in club level as Líbero or am I wrong?

IIRC she playing as a libero for the U18 last year? Maybe she was originally an OH but wants to keep her options open for the future because of her height. She's a good passer.

• Mikaella is originally an OH and was moved to L last year, but imo it wasn't good for her, and thank god Guilherme see these things they were doing, because she is a good OH.