Japan Women's NT 2023

• just looking at Nagaoka numbers after 2 sets,

8 kills, 1 error, 17 swings

1 ace, 2 serve errors

7 digs, 1 dig error, 10 attempts

I would say she did well so far.

Do they count it as a dig if the ball comes off a Japanese player?

• This is just ugly now without scoring accidentally to offset it

• Now that Manabe has switched out everyone except Koga and Yamada ... who's gonna play the Tie Break ?

• I don't even want to watch the Tie Break :white:

• painfull :gone:

Well if Turkeyi will keep fucking up we might turn this around

• I honestly don't know if I could re-watch the match. There was almost more ugly than beauty, and there was a lot of beauty

• It's weird but I would say Japan has a large amount of benchplayers who can go in and play and completely change the game system. shocked by nagaokas defense. This libero really made their defense shine up again, such a big difference. Also liked Miyabe performance. They are still way to inconsistent to take any medal, but it's funny because it is hard to judge which one that is their best starting lineup. Surprised they didn't try Wada instead of Inoue/Hayashi.

Also, Matsuis energy, she is a firebomb. <3:obey:

• Seki's edge over Matsui is clearly defense. There are a lot of digging errors of Matsui that Seki can get.

I didn't see it that way. I thought Matsui did well on defense

• I'm the opposite and I'm even a big Matsui fan, and I don't like Seki :lol: I'm so happy they let her finish the game today :box:

Matsui and Fukudome's energy are some of the reasons why I watch Denso :flower:

I think Matsui not as good on attack digs? Is that what you are more looking at?

• just looking at Nagaoka numbers after 2 sets,

8 kills, 1 error, 17 swings

1 ace, 2 serve errors

7 digs, 1 dig error, 10 attempts

I would say she did well so far.

This is my first time seeing her after so many years I thought she's retired by now. She looks good. Not so aggressive anymore but definitely looking good. I prefer this long hair after seeing her only in boyish cut before. Very different atmosphere now.

• Thank god Japan won but messy game all around. Vargas really elevates their game by sheer consistency lol. Everyone in Turkey is so erratic but once their block adjust to JPN's cheap shots, its practically game-on.

Matsui played much stabler than Seki (that's on top of JPN receiving kinda all over the place this game). Kudos, to actually leading the charge to keep their composure. I do think her defense is better and much stable than Seki's too. Fudukome is so fun to watch but I get why the other libero got her start. Hers has that flashy quality that she goes all the way in every touch and she pushes harder to raise the ball, which definitely be harder to maintain for longer tournament. The other libero is just simplified and very direct in her style. Ishikawa was struggling in some reception moments but was great offense wise AND Koga was good though played better. I think its fair to say that Nagaoka did great but reception is much more important offense for Japan to work to be honest. Their main OH are defensive beast but needs much support to offset the physical toll of the games.

Airi did great in their better sets but once her block is read, the TUR is just tooling it. Wished Manabe would try to start her for more games. I think she is much better that Irisawa and much active on court presence. Their blocking was really competitive when TUR was playing with the block earlier on the set. THe other MBs did great too.