Brazil - Women's Superliga 2023/2024

• I'm a few days late on this, but Volleyball World announced that they are indeed going to broadcast the Superliga starting from Feb 26.

The matches aren't on my schedule yet either, but if I look them up on the search bar, they show up.

I'm not sure in which countries it will be available, but I can't imagine it will be just Brazil.

• The IG post from Volleyballworld suggested that it would only be for Brazilian fans, but I'm hoping it will be accessible world wide!

Then I don't really see the point of it tbh? We have all the matches on Sportv/Canal Volei Brasil, I don't see a lot of volleyball fans paying for a service to watch something they can already watch elsewhere

But maybe their target audience is Brazilian volleyball fans who don't want to have to listen to Marco Freitas (Sportv's very annoying commentator). I might be tuning in just for that reason tbh lol

• Then I don't really see the point of it tbh? We have all the matches on Sportv/Canal Volei Brasil, I don't see a lot of volleyball fans paying for a service to watch something they can already watch elsewhere

But maybe their target audience is Brazilian volleyball fans who don't want to have to listen to Marco Freitas (Sportv's very annoying commentator). I might be tuning in just for that reason tbh lol

Hahaha, I also do anything I can to avoid Dutch commentators during NT matches so I can relate :whistle: I tried the trick with the search bar you mentioned and the matches show up then! Most of them might be a bit too late to watch live but I'll definitely check the next day if they're available (for replay)

• I just tried to open the replay of last night's match using VPN, but I still get the "There was an error accessing this video" notification. So I guess it's only accessible if your billing address is in Brazil :wall: such a shame and missed opportunity

• Barueri is improving alot and managed to defeat Minas. Also there is an article out there about the promising players right now who are starters: Lukas Bergmann, Thiery, Luzia, Aline, Helena Wenk.

• Posting here because this is pretty Superliga-specific and I don't think anybody on the main thread would care, but I love Lanna's transfer to Barueri. I was literally manifesting it all season. I hope Luzia and Aline stay as well, their growth in the past few months has been crazy.

Personally, I wouldn't renew with Carol Leite and Talia. They've been pretty meh this season and they aren't that young either. Paulina also hasn't been great.

• SUPERLIGA 23/24 - REGULAR SEASON FINAL STANDINGS

1. Sesc-Flamengo: 61 (20-2)

2. Osasco: 51 (18-4)

3. Minas: 48 (15-7)

4. Praia Clube: 45 (16-6)

5. Sesi Bauru: 37 (12-10)

6. Fluminense: 34 (13-9)

7. Pinheiros: 26 (10-12)

8. Barueri: 26 (8-14)

9. Maringá: 25 (8-14)

10. Brasília: 23 (6-16)

11. Bluvolei: 20 (6-16)

12. São Caetano: 0 (0-22)

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

TOP SCORERS

1. Uzelac (Fluminense): 403

2. Kisy (Minas): 393

3. Tifanny (Osasco): 387

4. Kuznetsova (Praia Clube): 364

5. Ariane (Fluminense): 360

6. Amanda (Brasília): 343

7. Roni Jones-Perry (Sesc-Flamengo): 341

8. Lorenne (Osasco): 324

9. Sabrina (Sesc-Flamengo): 320

10. Valdez (Pinheiros): 317

TOP BLOCKERS

1. Luzia (Barueri): 72

2. Julia Kudiess (Minas): 68

3. Adenízia (Praia Clube): 67

4. Mayany (Sesi Bauru): 62

5. Camila Paracatu (Fluminense): 58

6. Lanna (Brasília): 58

7. Larissa (Barueri): 54

8. Lays (Pinheiros): 53

9. Valquíria (Sesc-Flamengo): 52

10. Butler (Osasco): 52

TOP SERVERS

1. Uzelac: (Fluminense) 32

2. Kuznetsova (Praia Clube): 27

3. Roni Jones-Perry (Sesc-Flamengo): 26

4. Thaisa (Minas): 22

5. Tifanny (Osasco): 22

6. Julia Kudiess (Minas): 22

7. Sabrina (Sesc-Flamengo): 21

8. Ariane (Fluminense): 21

9. Dani Lins (Sesi Bauru): 20

10. Ju Carrijo (Brasília): 20

BEST ATTACKERS (MBs; 100+ attempts)

1. Butler (Osasco): 55%

2. Juciely (Sesc-Flamengo): 55%

3. Valquíria (Sesc-Flamengo): 54%

4. Julia Kudiess (Minas): 53%

5. Adenízia (Praia Clube): 52%

6. Mayany (Sesi Bauru): 52%

7. Thaisa (Minas): 51%

8. Lorena (Praia Clube): 50%

9. Schwarzenbach (Osasco): 50%

10. Mayhara (Sesi Bauru): 49%

BEST ATTACKERS (OHs and OPPs; 200+ attempts)

1. Dani Cechetto (Maringá): 46%

2. Kisy (Minas): 46%

3. Tifanny (Osasco): 45%

4. Sabrina (Sesc-Flamengo): 44%

5. Roni Jones-Perry (Sesc-Flamengo): 42%

6. Kasiely (Praia Clube): 42%

7. Camila Mesquita (Barueri): 42%

8. Lorenne (Osasco): 42%

9. Ariane (Fluminense): 41%

10. Karen (Pinheiros): 41%

BEST RECEIVERS (200+ attempts):

1. Pietra (Fluminense): 65%

2. Camila Brait (Osasco): 65%

3. Natinha (Praia Clube): 64%

4. Michelle (Sesc-Flamengo): 64%

5. Laís (Sesc-Flamengo): 60%

6. Kika (Pinheiros): 60%

7. Kasiely (Praia Clube): 59%

8. Nyeme (Minas): 59%

9. Gabi Cândido (Sesi Bauru): 58%

10. Lelê (Fluminense): 56%

• i think is worst campaign of praia in last 8 years at least

• i think is worst campaign of praia in last 8 years at least

Kind of, but kind of not. It's definitely their worse placement in the regular season in a while, but they've also won the Brazilian Cup this season for the first time after placing 2nd 6 (!) times.

At the end of the day, it's all going to come down to what happens in the playoffs. 2021/22 Praia Clube was very clearly ahead of everyone else in the regular season, but they underperformed in the final, so everyone looks at it as a failed season for them.

As of now, this is Sesc's title to lose, but it's worth noting that they played their worst match of the season in the Brazilian Cup semi-finals against Praia. Unless Sesi Bauru chooses to compete (and chances are they won't), we should have a rematch between Sesc and Praia in the league semi-finals, so it'll be interesting to see how it goes this time around.

• Ready to see Sao Caetano invited to stay once again in Superliga Série A, because there will be empty spots, and then winning once more 1 or 2 games at best, like in the last 5 years. :lol:

lol to be fair with them they usually do a bit better than this, but they were never supposed to be in Superliga A in the first place. This is CBV's fault for allowing Bradesco to hold onto the spot until the last possible minute even though everyone knew they had no intention to play the championship.

Good news is that the 4 Superliga B semi-finalists this year all seem willing to try to build a competitive team for the next season if they get the spot, so we shouldn't have another São Caetano situation.

Btw I gotta say that Bluvolei is the best relegated side we've had in years. They've played some really high quality matches and fought until the end.

• lol to be fair with them they usually do a bit better than this, but they were never supposed to be in Superliga A in the first place. This is CBV's fault for allowing Bradesco to hold onto the spot until the last possible minute even though everyone knew they had no intention to play the championship.

Good news is that the 4 Superliga B semi-finalists this year all seem willing to try to build a competitive team for the next season if they get the spot, so we shouldn't have another São Caetano situation.

Btw I gotta say that Bluvolei is the best relegated side we've had in years. They've played some really high quality matches and fought until the end.

Bauru is supposed to leave the league after this season. Sesi already announced they will stop sponsor them and invest on their own women's team.

Sao Caetano being Sao Caetano is still possible. :lol:

• I miss sanca days with mari,sheilla,fofao and juciely

• Bauru is supposed to leave the league after this season. Sesi already announced they will stop sponsor them and invest on their own women's team.

Sao Caetano being Sao Caetano is still possible. :lol:

Where did you see this? None of the major volleyball sites have said anything about this, I don't think it's true.

Sesi Bauru have been making moves as per usual in the transfer market. They renewed with Dani Lins, Leia, Mayany, Mayhara, signed Bia and were on the bidding war for Natalia. Today Melhor do Volei (tier 1 for Brazilian news) even reported that Kasiely signed with Sesi Bauru from Praia.