Turkish Men NT

• No idea. I saw some people saying Antiga as well. Don’t think it’s Tillie

Antiga would be a great choice!

• According to Ale Garotta the new coach will be Cedric Enard.
    Any thoughts on him?

He did great in Tours and Berlin, not that much to talk about his work with Estonia and Croatia: Estonia flopped at the 2021 ECH at home and Croatia was great in pool phase at the 2023 ECH, but then choked against Romania in 1/8.

Based on his work in Tours and Berlin, I'd say he should get a chance to coach a top club team, but it's kind of interesting because he left Berlin due to exhaustion and planned to switch into the management roles after Croatia tenure, but decided to take Turkey NT, I guess he was paid a lot + part-time job in the summer is fine for him.

'Understandable' would be my grade of this move, Turkey was pretty mediocre under Giuliani, so hard to say how it will pan out with another foreign coach.

• NT roster for vnl:

Setters: Arslan Ekşi, Murat Yenipazar, Arda Bostan

Outsides: Efe Mandıracı, Mirza Lagumdzija, Yiğit Gülmezoğlu, Burutay Subaşı, Efe Bayram

Middles: Vahit Emre Savaş, Mert Matiç, Faik Samet Güneş, Bedirhan Bülbül

Opposites: Adis Lagumdzija, Kaan Gürbüz

Liberos: Volkan Döne, Berkay Bayraktar

Very fair roster. Only 16 players are invited. Seems like new coach likes to work with a small group.

Setters: Arslan is a very experienced setter, I think Arda should get more playing time as our future setter, he had a fantastic second half of season after he come back from French club, he literally saved Akkuş from relegation

Outsides: Mirza has insane attack ratio meanwhile he was the worst receiver of the league. On the other hand Efe mandiraci has improved his reception a lot and seems to be back to his pre injury shape. I think our starters should be both Efe s. Mirza should come in when we are stuck at offense. I would have invited Gökhan Gökgöz or Burak Baturalp Güngör instead of Yiğit who was terrible during playoffs. Both Gökhan and Burak had better season although they weren't great neither.

Middles: I'm only missing Metin Ertuğrul Gazi who is the best blocker of this season and Ahmet Tümer who is a very talented youngster. However both Bedirhan bülbül and Vahit Savaş emre had great seasons so they should be the starters. Also Matic and Faik Samet Güneş will be good backups.

Opposite and liberos are as expected. Both positions are our least problematic ones

All in all, I'm very happy with the selection. Finally all key players are invited and they are injury free. This team has a lot of potential, I hope new coach will get the best out of them. Olympic ticket chances are very slim but not impossible 🙏

• Mirza may even be more talented than Adis. His spiking reach is insane!

According to Ma'a, He hits over Matic's(2.11 meters) block during trainings. So attacking wise he is already at the elite level but his reception is really bad, not like even mediocre. He is still young so I hope he will improve

• How embarrassing is this <X<X

• It seems like yiğit gulmezoglu and burutay subaşı are injured. They are replaced by Yasin Aydin but couldn't recognize other guy🤔 also adis is not in the camp, probably he is excused since his club season ended very recently.

I hope burutay's injury isn't serious, although our starters will be mostly two Efe with Mirza rotating them, it would be good to have someone experienced like Burutay instead of Yasin Aydin. I would prefer Burak Güngör if Burutay won't be ready for VNL

• It seems like yiğit gulmezoglu and burutay subaşı are injured. They are replaced by Yasin Aydin but couldn't recognize other guy🤔 also adis is not in the camp, probably he is excused since his club season ended very recently.

I hope burutay's injury isn't serious, although our starters will be mostly two Efe with Mirza rotating them, it would be good to have someone experienced like Burutay instead of Yasin Aydin. I would prefer Burak Güngör if Burutay won't be ready for VNL

Its Selim Kalaycı from GS