Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2023/24

• church is staying? hmmm I thought her agency said she wasnt.

I said US Citizens, which includes Petit (who has dual nationality) even though she plays under a Canadian flag. Church is still technically there for the moment

Edit: And before anyone asks, the third American last season was Maria Schlegel, who has dual nationality but plays under a Spanish flag

• church is staying? hmmm I thought her agency said she wasnt.

She has a contract for next season in Münster. So while she has not a new team, she stays in Münster.

• After it was already hinted at yesterday with the story, it was made official today. Larissa Winter was signed by Dresdner SC as a setter and signed a one-year contract. What is interesting from my point of view, it is not written in the official article that she forms the setter duo together with Sarah. That's why I think the door is still open that the Dresdner SC might start the season with three setters.

Link: Larissa Winter verstärkt das Zuspiel beim Dresdner SC

• Stuttgart has announced that Bitter will be the head coach, Alexandersen says that due to the treatment of his illness he cannot reach the necessary energy level to be head coach.

Alexandersen will stay in Stuttgart ( I assume because of his treatment in Tübingen) and might help the club during the season if his health permits.

https://www.stuttgarts-schoens…position-des-cheftrainers

• After it was already hinted at yesterday with the story, it was made official today. Larissa Winter was signed by Dresdner SC as a setter and signed a one-year contract. What is interesting from my point of view, it is not written in the official article that she forms the setter duo together with Sarah. That's why I think the door is still open that the Dresdner SC might start the season with three setters.

Link: Larissa Winter verstärkt das Zuspiel beim Dresdner SC

TAG24 says that only a second libera is missing. Usually they are well informed about DSC insights.

Link: https://www.tag24.de/sport/vol…spielerin-des-dsc-2895085

• Vilsbiburg complete their roster with the youngsters Cayetana Lopez Rey (OH, ESP), Laura Bergmann (MB) and Sina Bauer (L). They'll get a double license so they can play both in 1st league and 2nd league team, but the perspective is to turn them into 1st league players in the long run.

• Not everything seems to be going smoothly for the champions of the 2. Bundesliga Nord last season, Stralsunder Wildcats. So far, the club has not presented any player who will play for the club in the new season. After the departure of master trainer Robert Hinz, the commitment of Haitham Aleter was announced on June 7th, who had already worked in Germany in both the women's and men's divisions. Curiously, however, it was announced a week later by the Danish club ASV Elite that Haitham Aleter was taking over the club's women's team. He also has a registered profile on Volleybox, where he also lists the Danish team as his current employer. So Stralsund is currently without a coach or players.

• Not everything seems to be going smoothly for the champions of the 2. Bundesliga Nord last season. So far, the club has not presented any player who will play for the club in the new season. After the departure of master trainer Robert Hinz, the commitment of Haitham Aleter was announced on June 7th, who had already worked in Germany in both the women's and men's divisions. Curiously, however, it was announced a week later by the Danish club ASV Elite that Haitham Aleter was taking over the club's women's team. He also has a registered profile on Volleybox, where he also lists the Danish team as his current employer. So Stralsund is currently without a coach or players.

He was my coach a few years ago 8)^^ He made quite a career since then, but it's what he always dreamed of and he worked very hard for it :drink:

• He was my coach a few years ago 8)^^ He made quite a career since then, but it's what he always dreamed of and he worked very hard for it :drink:

Really, that's cool and yes he always seems to have done a pretty good job of where he's been. Especially in Altdorf people spoke very well of him. He was even described there as a successful coach after he left the club after a year. Still, I'm kind of confused about the Stralsund-ASV Elite situation, because it would only make sense if something had happened, or do you think that you earn better in Denmark than in Stralsund?

• Really, that's cool and yes he always seems to have done a pretty good job of where he's been. Especially in Altdorf people spoke very well of him. He was even described there as a successful coach after he left the club after a year. Still, I'm kind of confused about the Stralsund-ASV Elite situation, because it would only make sense if something had happened, or do you think that you earn better in Denmark than in Stralsund?

Well Stralsund not having announced anything at all certainly is suspicious and it seems Haitham had already started his work there in June, so there must have been some reason for leaving :/

• Looking at last season's rosters, there are still quite many players without a new contract, so maybe anyone has any info about:

Florien Reesink

Elisa Lohmann

Liza Kastrup (I heard she signed somewhere, but my source didn't know where)

Joyce Agbolossou

Mirta Freund

Jelena Sunjic (probably still recovering from injury I guess)

Anica Kutlesic (rumored to ZOK Ub but not confirmed yet)

Meghan Barthel

Daniela Öhman

Wilmarie Rivera

Suvi Kokkonen (rumored to some A2 team in Italy I think)

Avery Heppell

Kirsten Knip

Anna Kalinouskaya

Yasmine Madsen

Many of those players could be useful for many teams in different countries!

• Well Stralsund not having announced anything at all certainly is suspicious and it seems Haitham had already started his work there in June, so there must have been some reason for leaving :/

Yes, exactly. The appointment as coach of Stralsund was on June 7th. The official announcement Neue Liga – neuer Chef can also be found on the website. This is the only information about the new season. It is also interesting that this announcement cannot be found on the team's Instagram account. Then a week later on June 14th, he was then appointed coach of ASV Elite, which you can see in the post here. It also states that he will start the job on August 1st.