Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2023/24

• Today the draw for the round of 16 of the DVV Cup took place. In principle, most of the games are not yet clear because the regional cup winners have yet to be played and because there are still two qualifying games to be played. The following games were drawn by Jule Schröder:

• Regional Cup Winner North against Dresdner SC
    • Regional Cup Winner West against Allianz MTV Stuttgart
    • Winner of qualifying game 1 against SSC Palmberg Schwerin
    • Regional Cup winner South against VfB Suhl Lotto Thüringen
    • Regional cup winner East against VC Wiesbaden
    • Winner of qualifying game 2 against the Ladies in Black Aachen
    • VC Neuwied 77 against SC Potsdam
    • USC Münster against Rote Raben Vilsbiburg

The qualifiers are the following matches:

• Qualifying game 1: Regional Cup Winners Northeast vs. Regional Cup Winners Northwest
    • Qualifying game 2: Regional Cup Winner South East vs. Regional Cup Winner South West
  • Some announcements from last Week:

Wiesbaden: young setter Pauline Bietau from their youth

Münster: Middleblocker Amalie Jörgensen

Aachen: Outside Hitter Jolijn de Haan

I wonder when Schwerin will start announcing new players. Wiesbaden has only just started, while others have announced their entire squad for weeks.

Aachen looks young but promising. In my opinion, Suhl is worse than last season and you can't read anything from Wiesbaden yet.

• The Canadian-American wing attacker Elise Petit announced her move to Münster in principle via her description on Instagram (link). There it says the following: "vballer @uscmuenster 🇩🇪"

Yeah!

• As in other sports and leagues, the new schedule was published today. I'll limit myself to the first match day, which will take place on October 7th. The season will be opened at 5:00 p.m. by the game Dresden SC vs. SC Potsdam, which will probably also be the TV game on Sport1. Dresdner SC confirmed my thoughts in their Instagram post (link). The other games on this day are:

• Ladies in Black Aachen vs. Schwerin (18:00)
    • VC Neuwied against Rote Roben Vilsbiburg (19:00)
    • Allianz MTV Stuttgart vs. VC Wiesbaden (19:00)
    • VfB Suhl vs. USC Munster (19:00)
  • In addition, I just noticed that it is now possible to take out a subscription to Dyn. For this reason, here is some information again, in case someone does not yet know what Dyn is. Dyn (pronounced "Dein") is a new platform for the presentation of sports besides football. The company behind it was founded by the former DFL managing director Christian Seifert and the publishing house Axel Springer. The aim of the company is to give sport as large a media stage as possible alongside football.

That's why there is only one subscription (in two versions) compared to Sport1Extra, with which you can only book the entire range of sports and not just your desired sport. Dyn offers handball, basketball, volleyball, table tennis and hockey. The first version of the subscription is the annual subscription, which costs 12.50 euros per month, but can only be canceled annually. In contrast, the monthly subscription costs 14.50 euros per month and has the option to cancel monthly.

The fact that Dyn Media really means it with its philosophy can be seen, for example, in the handball and basketball teams that were hired to broadcast both sports. For example, among the experts in handball are probably the best-known German handball player Stefan Kretzschmar and the former German national coach Dagur Sigurðsson. And one of the commentators is Florian Naß, who is known from ARD.

This intensity doesn't exist in volleyball now. This is also due to the fact that Dyn does not have the exclusive rights in the women's area, but only a sublicense from Sport1. They are certainly a little limited there and may not (yet) be able to develop what they actually want. In order to explain this statement a little, I would like to venture a little turn to men's volleyball. Dyn has the exclusive rights there and has developed a new schedule and broadcast schedule together with the VBL. I don't want to go into more detail about this pattern now, but you can see that Dyn didn't have this opportunity in the women's area. Because only the exclusive rights holder Sport1 could influence this scheme in women's volleyball.

Link to page: https://www.dyn.sport/aktion/willkommen

• According to some articles Potsdam's roster is complete now except for the libero, but we already know it's going to be JWO so that's a mere formality to announce her. This means they're going with 13 players and only 3 MBs, so I wonder which one of Cekulaev/Djokic is supposed to take over Savic's role because both are better in slide attack than in front of the setter.

• According to some articles Potsdam's roster is complete now except for the libero, but we already know it's going to be JWO so that's a mere formality to announce her. This means they're going with 13 players and only 3 MBs, so I wonder which one of Cekulaev/Djokic is supposed to take over Savic's role because both are better in slide attack than in front of the setter.

They played 2,3 games together this season when Savic had muscle problems and Djokic played slide and they both did fine.

But Djokic can play both position, maybe connection with new setter will decide who will play where.

Justine Wong-Orantes' transfer to SC Potsdam was officially announced today.

Link: SC Potsdam verpflichtet Olympiasiegerin Wong-Orantes