Italy - Serie A1 2023/24

• Wolosz gives 2 free spike for Robinson from back row and She still can’t score it.

Not only one but TWO attack WITHOUT blockers.

Told you multiple times: Plummer and Robinson don't fit in crazy fast setting. They both need some parabola in the set: Plummer to release her power when she hits the ball, Robinson to use her technical skills to find angles, block out and smart tips.

• I don’t know what you need more from setter when She gives you free spike without blockers. To score for them ?!

Plummer spiked so many balls out just because She can’t controle her spike not because this sets were fast.

• Squarcini today like world class MB ones again when She is playing with Wolosz and in Imoco.

But overall service line from Conegliano was to much for Cuneo. They just couldn’t take a pressure at all.

17 Ace serves in 3sets :what::white::sos:

• I don’t know what you need more from setter when She gives you free spike without blockers. To score for them ?!

Plummer spiked so many balls out just because She can’t controle her spike not because this sets were fast.

They need a setter that makes them play their best and sets the most comfortable way for them, not for herself. It's not like 5 spikers have to adapt to the setter the whole time. It's mostly the other way 'round when they can't build a connection, which is the case here IMHO. They are players, not clones: you can't set a 2m tall player the same way you do for a 1,6m tall player: this way you cut off your attackers' characteristics to play just one and only way.

• They need a setter that makes them play their best and sets the most comfortable way for them, not for herself. It's not like 5 spikers have to adapt to the setter the whole time. It's mostly the other way 'round when they can't build a connection, which is the case here IMHO. They are players, not clones: you can't set a 2m tall player the same way you do for a 1,6m tall player: this way you cut off your attackers' characteristics to play just one and only way.

Sorry but you are just justify poor performance from Plummer and Robinson. This two can’t score fast, neither high sets.

Robinson got 3 high sets in one point and She couldn’t score even if her life is danger.
    my eyes still hurt from her back row attacks, two attacks without block and She can’t score it :gone::gone:

Plummer, I still don’t know what She is doing world class club as Conegliano.

• Sorry but you are just justify poor performance from Plummer and Robinson. This two can’t score fast, neither high sets.

Robinson got 3 high sets in one point and She couldn’t score even if her life is danger.
    my eyes still hurt from her back row attacks, two attacks without block and She can’t score it
    :gone::gone:

It is imposible to discuss with someone who pretend that he is not understand only for support his favourite player:gone::gone::gone::gone:

• Sorry but you are just justify poor performance from Plummer and Robinson. This two can’t score fast, neither high sets.

my eyes still hurt from her back row attacks, two attacks without block and She can’t score it :gone::gone:

Lol who did ever say anything about high sets? :)

• Plummer only had 2 mistakes and a 47% attack rate, (Haak had 50%) which is a very acceptable number for me so I'd take those 2 errors any day of the week if it means many points as well :super:

But let's focus instead on Cuneo's libero Scognamillo, she was fantastic with some very good digs. I hadn't heard of her before today, but she's definitely a player to watch this season :heart:

• Plummer 13 points (8 attacks, 47%; 2 blocks, 3 aces) + 64% positive and 27% perfect reception (22 attempts without mistakes).

If this a "poor performance" on a fast 3-0 win, I come from Mars.

Not to mention she had to pass 22 balls (58%) out of 38 of Imoco.

Robinson could play better, of course, but we know she's the one that struggles the most with this kind of setting, both in club and NT (this summer it was the same).

• I don't know who's doing the live stats on Lega site but it's a mess; they couldn't tell the difference between Rettke and Cazaute so now Cazaute has 7 points to her name without playing, and Dana has 0. Also, Parrocchiale is supposed to have scored a point so I replayed the rally (because I couldn't remember it), and alas, it was Sylla. Guess someone's sleeping over there :rolll: I hope it gets fixed before the official match sheet is published though, because no way Sylla and Nika only have 6/5 points (and Paola already 25)

• They need a setter that makes them play their best and sets the most comfortable way for them, not for herself. It's not like 5 spikers have to adapt to the setter the whole time. It's mostly the other way 'round when they can't build a connection, which is the case here IMHO. They are players, not clones: you can't set a 2m tall player the same way you do for a 1,6m tall player: this way you cut off your attackers' characteristics to play just one and only way.

This is sooo true. And what Conegliano did for many years was transferring players who can play in Wolosz system instead of asking Wolosz to adapt her setting according to needs of spikers. And plummer and Robinson are not the kind of players who fit Wolosz system that's why Conegliano will suffer in big games like last year they did

• This setting won all this CUPs under Wolosz wings. Making Conegliano one of the best club in the history of Italian league. So She doesn’t needs to adapt

• But let's focus instead on Cuneo's libero Scognamillo, she was fantastic with some very good digs. I hadn't heard of her before today, but she's definitely a player to watch this season :heart:

Stats doesn't prove her right (I think she has 5 aces on her count), but it was a collective struggle for Cuneo (17 aces if I'm not wrong) so stats have to be taken with the tongs. She experienced some good season in Brescia in A2 though, so she might be a reliable option in the position for mid-card teams.

Talking about players to keep an eye on for the future, let's see what Guiducci can do in Trento. From what I've heard she did well yesterday.

• Stats doesn't prove her right (I think she has 5 aces on her count), but it was a collective struggle for Cuneo (17 aces if I'm not wrong) so stats have to be taken with the tongs. She experienced some good season in Brescia in A2 though, so she might be a reliable option in the position for mid-card teams.

Talking about players to keep an eye on for the future, let's see what Guiducci can do in Trento. From what I've heard she did well yesterday.

Yeah the serve receive wasn't the best, but defense looked promising! Also agree on Guiducci, I always enjoy setters who are playing high risk because it's never boring. She did some MB sets from middle of the field, that kind of crazy stuff :cheesy: good choice for her to go be a starting setter this season, so hopefully she can develop even more!

• Vita Akimova with 57% 20/35 in attacak against Pomi for the win over Pomi in 4sets.

She was top scorer for Novara with 22points

What a numbers for first two matches in Seria A :super:

• Antropova with 31points in 4sets, She is reaching new level with her performance. :)

Herbots had really good performance with 12/17 in attack in just 2 and half sets.

I can’t wait for the next week match between Milano and Scandicci. First clash between two big clubs.