Italy - Serie A1 2023/24

• No... you only have to contact the FIVB if you want to represent the national team...

Exactly...

But since the federation of origin doesn't have a say in the exchange rate, it's just a bureaucratic step, there isn't an approval procedure that involves evaluating the thing: it's just "sheets of paper" to fill in and "fees" to be paid then the thing is automatic...

For example, Rosamaria has already obtained an Italian passport for over a year, but she has not activated the federation change procedure and will not do so at least until she decides not to play anymore for the Brazilian national team and this, according to what she said, will certainly not happen before the Olympics...

• Exactly...

But since the federation of origin doesn't have a say in the exchange rate, it's just a bureaucratic step, there isn't an approval procedure that involves evaluating the thing: it's just "sheets of paper" to fill in and "fees" to be paid then the thing is automatic...

For example, Rosamaria has already obtained an Italian passport for over a year, but she has not activated the federation change procedure and will not do so at least until she decides not to play anymore for the Brazilian national team and this, according to what she said, will certainly not happen before the Olympics...

Yeah but with fivb one of the requirements since the new rules is that the athlete never played for a different senior NT to approve the change. I don't think they will approve these changes anymore, but I'm not sure. Also I remember something on the fipav documentation something along the lines of "an italian athlete is someone who can play for the national team" but I can't find it right now

• I'm surs Carol can retain her starting position with Scandicci next season.

Changing federation, as far as I know, has to still go through fivb regardless of an athlete's marital status. As per the new rules, Herbots can no longer change her federation.

• Yeah but with fivb one of the requirements since the new rules is that the athlete never played for a different senior NT to approve the change. I don't think they will approve these changes anymore, but I'm not sure. Also I remember something on the fipav documentation something along the lines of "an italian athlete is someone who can play for the national team" but I can't find it right now

Again...

These rules concern national teams, not clubs...

We are talking about not being able to represent the shirt of a nation if you change nationality (and you have represented the senior national team), not the fact of not being able to play for a club from my new country with my new nationality...

So, to stay in this specific case, Herbots will be able to become Italian and play as an Italian in an Italian club (or wherever she deems it most appropriate) but, if she does so, she will no longer be able to wear no national jersey...

• Again...

These rules concern national teams, not clubs...

We are talking about not being able to represent the shirt of a nation if you change nationality (and you have represented the senior national team), not the fact of not being able to play for a club from my new country with my new nationality...

So, to stay in this specific case, Herbots will be able to become Italian and play as an Italian in an Italian club (or wherever she deems it most appropriate) but, if she does so, she will no longer be able to wear no national jersey...

These rules are about change of federation, there's not a different set of rules for "change of federation just for playing club" and "change of federation for playing in the national team"

• These rules are about change of federation, there's not a different set of rules for "change of federation just for playing club" and "change of federation for playing in the national team"

exactly, Brit just want to play as italian for an Italian Club, not for the national team obviously. I hope she will join still the Belgian national team as soon as possible!!!

• You would be surprised Imoco was considered the 3rd Force of the league on paper, behind Vero Volley and Scandicci. :lol:

And there's no way you can compare the current italian league and turkish league. Every single player who came back to Italy this season said the level is way higher and the league more demanding technically, phisically and mentally.

That makes little sense to me. If Imoco is not the strongest team in Italian league, why did they win the last 6 championships then. That also brings the other non-sense argument of the Italian league being way superior to Turkish league. If that is so, then why the heck SIX-TIME IN A ROW Italian league champion Imoco won only one CEV CL? I don’t know what logic do you guys apply but because some player said so, it doesn’t make it so.

But I do agree with the fact that even though Gabi is one of the best overall players, her being undersized makes her more susceptible to the injuries. Basically, she has to exert herself more to compensate being undersized. I heard that she was having trouble with her knees but I believe she still have couple more years left to be on top. I think with Gabi Imoco will win their 7th Italian league championship in a row next year. So funny every one complains about Turkish league and yet, Haak, Gabi, Zu are all previous VB players.

• That makes little sense to me. If Imoco is not the strongest team in Italian league, why did they win the last 6 championships then. That also brings the other non-sense argument of the Italian league being way superior to Turkish league. If that is so, then why the heck SIX-TIME IN A ROW Italian league champion Imoco won only one CEV CL? I don’t know what logic do you guys apply but because some player said so, it doesn’t make it so.

To be fair most players that talk about that mean that Italy has better teams overall, as in better bottom teams not better top teams. Which I don't disagree with, on average teams from around 8th place and below are a bit better in Italy for a number of reasons (having more foreigners obviously helps a lot)

• To be fair most players that talk about that mean that Italy has better teams overall, as in better bottom teams not better top teams. Which I don't disagree with, on average teams from around 8th place and below are a bit better in Italy for a number of reasons (having more foreigners obviously helps a lot)

That may well be true, I just don’t have any datapoints on that since they don’t compete with each other directly, but you may be right on that.

• That makes little sense to me. If Imoco is not the strongest team in Italian league, why did they win the last 6 championships then. That also brings the other non-sense argument of the Italian league being way superior to Turkish league. If that is so, then why the heck SIX-TIME IN A ROW Italian league champion Imoco won only one CEV CL? I don’t know what logic do you guys apply but because some player said so, it doesn’t make it so.

PLAYERS THEMSELVES said that the Italian league is more competitive. You think you know better than them?

You only look at the winner and decide they're lying?

The lower teams can beat the top teams in Italy.

Meanwhile in Turkiye, the top 3 or 4 teams are untouchable all throughout.

• PLAYERS THEMSELVES said that the Italian league is more competitive. You think you know better than them?

You only look at the winner and decide they're lying?

The lower teams can beat the top teams in Italy.

Meanwhile in Turkiye, the top 3 or 4 teams are untouchable all throughout.

Well Mr. D. Moscow did you look at to this year’s standing tables and realized top team in Italian league has lost so many games to lower level teams and made your conclusion based on that or you just wanted to say something.

• In the italian media multiple people think their Golden era is over. Gabi is undersize and never played such a demanding league, which means she has to push even more on her athletical skills. Zhu is the shadow of herself, 6 or 7 points in a gold medal match... That's not the dominant player who led China in Rio de Janeiro...

Who ever that Italian media you are referring to sounds like doesn't know much about Gabi or Turkish volleyball 🤦

As Aro nicely explained Turkish league is as good as Italian league if not better. One can tell based on last 10 years European Cup results. About mid low level comparison, it is hard to prove which one is stronger without seeing them playing against each other. But indirectly one can tell it is comparable because mid level teams challenged top Turkish teams during league round by winning some games or going to tiebreaker. By the way, this season Turkish mid/low teams looks way better than Italian ones despite of foreigner rule. Only one team from turkey will be bad( Sarıyer) the rest made competitive teams. On the other hand, a lot of Italian teams have bunch of mediocre players

About Gabi, she is literally the best outside hitter in the world and only one who can actually replace or even upgrade robinson. So I don't see how someone can think Conegliano will be weaker with her. Gabi played with a bad opp next to her, meaning she had to carry the team scorewise and hit most of oos balls. She will play next to one of best liberos and setters, better than Cansu and Ayça. So her performance would get only better. She will have a good backup like Lanier instead of Busa. She proved many times with monster performances that she being undersized doesn't prevent her to be best OH.

All in all, Every year people tend to undermine Conegliano but it is more of a wishful thinking than realistic analysis. Considering both Milano and scandicci still didn't improve drastically next season, Conegliano again will be the biggest favourite to win all in italy