Italy - Serie A1 2023/24

• The final series was so fun to watch until realizing that Imoco would win it again... That is, until the 4th set of the second match. There, Scandicci's failure to bring the series to 2-0 was the break point of the series.

Imoco has won all the cups played in the last 5 years, and they will probably win them all again next year. It goes like this until Wolosz and Santarelli leave the team.

They are killing all the fun in the league.

• The final series was so fun to watch until realizing that Imoco would win it again... That is, until the 4th set of the second match. There, Scandicci's failure to bring the series to 2-0 was the break point of the series.

Imoco has won all the cups played in the last 5 years, and they will probably win them all again next year. It goes like this until Wolosz and Santarelli leave the team.

They are killing all the fun in the league.

In the italian media multiple people think their Golden era is over. Gabi is undersize and never played such a demanding league, which means she has to push even more on her athletical skills. Zhu is the shadow of herself, 6 or 7 points in a gold medal match... That's not the dominant player who led China in Rio de Janeiro...

• In the italian media multiple people think their Golden era is over. Gabi is undersize and never played such a demanding league, which means she has to push even more on her athletical skills. Zhu is the shadow of herself, 6 or 7 points in a gold medal match... That's not the dominant player who led China in Rio de Janeiro...

Wait what? How come Gabi has never played in such a demanding league? The level is very similar, but Turkish League is as much demanding as Italian one. Sure, there are some differences in the calendar, number of matches, etc. Eventhough she is undersize and getting older, it isnt that she is moving from the Polish, Romanian or German League (with all the due respect) to the Italian one.

This is what Italian media and critic think? Wow, seriously.

• Wait what? How come Gabi has never played in such a demanding league? The level is very similar, but Turkish League is as much demanding as Italian one. Sure, there are some differences in the calendar, number of matches, etc. Eventhough she is undersize and getting older, it isnt that she is moving from the Polish, Romanian or German League (with all the due respect) to the Italian one.

This is what Italian media and critic think? Wow, seriously.

You would be surprised Imoco was considered the 3rd Force of the league on paper, behind Vero Volley and Scandicci. :lol:

And there's no way you can compare the current italian league and turkish league. Every single player who came back to Italy this season said the level is way higher and the league more demanding technically, phisically and mentally.

• In the italian media multiple people think their Golden era is over. Gabi is undersize and never played such a demanding league, which means she has to push even more on her athletical skills. Zhu is the shadow of herself, 6 or 7 points in a gold medal match... That's not the dominant player who led China in Rio de Janeiro...

They won with Sylla, Courtney and still unexperienced Plummer 3 years ago, they will be fine with Gabi + whoever of the other three will be the starter lol. People say every year they're getting worse

• Without any real contender. And with Egonu playing her best under Santarelli.

It's not like the other teams are that much better next season

Scandicci will still have unstable OHs, even older Maja and even more issue with foreigners with Brenda there

Milano aswell, unstable OH and unstable setter

Novara will maybe be a bit better than this season but still behind

I still think Conegliano is the favorite hands down

• Savino Del Bene is gonna invest more money next season. And Vero Volley may do the same, expecially if they will lift the Champions League trophy.

Imoco biggest advantage is having Santarelli. He's always build a big connection with his players and makes them play their best. Egonu has only occasionally played as good as she did with Imoco, for example. Sylla used to look much better while playing in Conegliano.

As far as I know, Vero Volley will be very italian next season. I heard about Pietrini e Danesi joining. While Scandicci will fix the libero problem with Castillo. And there are rumors about a world star OH joining next season.

italian media dont know volleyball then. They will have the same core that win the all the cups in the last 5 years and they are adding Gabi who is arguably the best OH itw.

It is odd that there are still people who doubt Gabi's skills just because of her height, especially since she is a player who destroyed them before not only with Vakıfbank but also with Brazil in the last world championship...

• Savino Del Bene is gonna invest more money next season. And Vero Volley may do the same, expecially if they will lift the Champions League trophy.

Imoco biggest advantage is having Santarelli. He's always build a big connection with his players and makes them play their best. Egonu has only occasionally played as good as she did with Imoco, for example. Sylla used to look much better while playing in Conegliano.

As far as I know, Vero Volley will be very italian next season. I heard about Pietrini e Danesi joining. While Scandicci will fix the libero problem with Castillo. And there are rumors about a world star OH joining next season.

what world star outside for scandicci ?

who? Their rumored OHs are Herbots, Kotikova, Villani and Bajema.

There arent many world star OHs anyway

• who? Their rumored OHs are Herbots, Kotikova, Villani and Bajema.

There arent many world star OHs anyway

my guess is LYY??

Maja - Antropova

Herbots - Bajema

Nwakalor - Carol

Castillo

This will be Scandicci's best starting6, they need to cut one player because of the foreign rule. I dont see them stronger than this year.

Egonu - Orro

Pietrini - Syllla / Cazaute -Nika

Danesi - Rettke

Gelin/Nyeme

This will be the Milano's best starting6, It's a very similar to this season, I don't see any significant improvement but they will be the biggest threat to İmoco

Akimova - Bosio?

Mayu - Alsmeier

Bonifacio - Aleksic

Fersino

I dont see any major upgrade from this season, also considering Markova was the best player from Novara in the playoffs.

I don't see Milano getting any better with Gaspari. The roster wasn't much worse than Scandicci, but they didn't elevate when it mattered. They still have to play the Champions League final though, maybe they can spring up at the last moment and get some confidence back to build around for next season.

Scandicci with Castillo back and Antiga at helm might be even more intriguing than this season, however I don't know which OH superstar can snatch at this point.