• 16 September (Sat) - 24 September (Sun) 2023 / Poland

Junior

U19 Volleyball Championship

• 1 August (Tues) - 11 August (Fri) 2023 / Croatia, Hungary

• 30 person Wide Roster Korean Women's National Team 2023

Links are to their FIVB Bios

Korean NT Team for VNL:

POSITIONPLAYERS
    SetterKim Dain (Hyundai), Kim JiWon (GS Caltex), Yeom Hye Seon (KGC)
    LiberoMoon Jungwon (Hi-Pass), Shin Yeon Gyeong (IBK)
    Middle BlockerPark Eunjin (KGC), Lee Dahyeon (Hyundai), Lee Juah (Pink Spiders), Jung Ho Young (KGC)
    Opposite SpikerMoon Ji Young (GS Caltex)
    Outside HitterKang Sohwi (GS Caltex), Kim Daun (Pink Spiders), Kim Mi Yeon (Pink Spiders), Park Jeong Ah (Hi-Pass), Jeong Ji Yun (Hyundai), Pyo Seung Ju (IBK)
  • Thank you sitenoise ! Here's the link for the VNL 2023 schedule for the Korean Team.

Here's also the 16-man roster for the VNL, and here's the list of 30-player list.

I was looking for the annual tournament schedule for the top post like last year's:

And you should go ahead and post VNL specific stuff to get the ball rolling

Keep in mind - I don't type. I can only copy and paste :white: :lol:

• Oh OK. I'll check first where I can find the complete schedule.

Thank you again :obey:

• Hi sitenoise , here's the schedule for the Korean NT team :)

• Here's also the 16-man roster for the VNL :)

• I find it way too sus that Han Yumi with no coaching experience is brought on to coach the National Team of all teams

It's not as though the Federation has no money, they could've recruited any of the other experienced coaches in the league or even outside

She was a decent player but strings must've been pulled or everyone else rejected the role

Having NT coaching experience on your resume never hurts though

• I remember they held an open application for the coaching staff position. I thought she passed that. Honestly, I'm OK with having someone like her in the team. The "all-European" coaching staff failed last year so maybe they wanted someone to ground the team a bit in terms of communication. Just a thought though.

• We are just a day away from VNL! I'll try to scurry up some links for the matches (in my country it shows up at 1 midnight so I'll be fast asleep then - I'll know the results in the morning :what:) and share it here.

I hope after last year's fiasco that the Korean team will do better this time around. They've been posting some of their training on Instagram and it seems they are hard at work (as they should). They are at the bottom of the rankings now in terms of VNL performance, so it can only go up!

Any predictions on who will be the starting players for the Turkey match? Mine are:

- Setter: Kim Dain

- Outside Hitter: Park Jeong Ah, Kang Sowhi, Jeong Ji Hyun

- Middle Blocker: Jung Ho Young, Lee Dahyun

- Libero: Moon Jung Won

Dain should breathe some new life into the team, as I feel Yeum is just too predictable/inaccurate last VNL. Jeong Jihyun I hope brings additional power in attack now that she's playing, and I hope Park Jeong Ah will always bring her A-game (not just in clutch moments).

It's pretty exciting and nerve-racking to be a Korean team fan this time. And some may feel dissuaded to support such a "failing" team, but as they say "the heart wants what it wants".

So, Fighting Team Korea 🇰🇷 :super:

• Kim is there to energise the team with her positive energy and hopefully this will enable them to win a few matches, not just sets.... :box:

All due respect, but even with her and twins playing, Korea only won max 3 matches in the VNLs

Though of course they put up a much better fight against teams even when they lost

Her role won't change anything, I think she's in this advisor role cause she wants to run for IOC so it's just keeping her international presence - or so Korean fans are speculating

• Hmmm. They really need Jaeyeong. Or maybe KYK will be back lol

Just woke up so I'll watch the match at work but at least they were not doing single digits.

But for real though, I don't understand why the veterans have retired so soon

Not just KYK but the veterans all did so together

Of course that wouldn't have been an issue if the twins were still around, but since they aren't (and are probably unlikely to), would've been more merciful if they had continued for 1-2 more years