Competition Name: 2023

Date:

Venue:

Competition Info:

KOVO 2023-2024 V-League

Competition Name:

Date:

Venue:

• Saving a post in case something needs to be here, but I can't make beautiful roster pages for each team like theloneracer

For this thread or the Korean NT 2023 thread, if you want to Direct message me info for the top posts in the thread, please feel free. Or just post your info in the thread

• Huh, anybody wonder what happened to Medi Yoku of Indonesia?

GS Caltex gets Soraya Phomla (Setter) for the Asian Quarter:

Wonder what will happen with Ahn Hyejin though. She barely played last year, and honestly, Kim Jiwon is doing well with GS Caltex.

EDIT: So I saw they changed Medi Yoku because of "team tactics"... lol I really hate this culture in KOVO (not pro-development instead always looking for innate talent/experience thus rookie players can't show their best). Indonesian fans are notoriously nationalistic as well so they aren't gonna be happy with this.

• You have a club with literally the 2 'better of the lot' setters (debatedly best 2/3? Or Top 5 at least), both having been chosen for NT previously and you replace them with a foreigner slot lol

If this doesn't display Korea's setter drought I don't know what does

Korea's draft system where all the applicants are at mercy to the system & clubs' whims is just wrong. It's no wonder they are attracting poorer and poorer foreigners each year in the draft and had to increase the pay to attract more.

I feel sorry for Medi Yoku and her fans who were looking forward to playing in Korea just to be replaced. She will need to find a new club now with no fault of her own. There needs to be a penalty or compensation when clubs do this.

• So it seems GS Caltex's change in the Asian Quarter player is because Ahn Hye Jin is injured... again.

Really bad luck for her, she's been such a crucial player in GS Caltex's 2020-2021 season championship, then being selected as part of the Tokyo Olympics. She's one of the more stable setters in the league but very prone to injuries. It seems they really have no choice but to get a setter.

• So it seems GS Caltex's change in the Asian Quarter player is because Ahn Hye Jin is injured... again.

Really bad luck for her, she's been such a crucial player in GS Caltex's 2020-2021 season championship, then being selected as part of the Tokyo Olympics. She's one of the more stable setters in the league but very prone to injuries. It seems they really have no choice but to get a setter.

she was my favorite perspirer , and had a weird serve I liked

I shouldn’t talk about her in the past tense. What am I doing :what:

• Pepper Savings Bank, the youngest club in KOVO (also the lowest-ranked team), just lost their coach, Ahen Kim, before the league even started. According to the news, he voluntarily resigned due to "family concerns".... but there's another news saying he left because he might be conscripted in the Korean army (which is confusing since I don't think Korea allows dual citizenship). Just messy, messy, messy all around the Korean volleyball scene. :sos:

Pepper just can't catch a break; they may become the lowest-ranking team by the coming season again.

• Pepper Savings Bank, the youngest club in KOVO (also the lowest-ranked team), just lost their coach, Ahen Kim, before the league even started. According to the news, he voluntarily resigned due to "family concerns".... but there's another news saying he left because he might be conscripted in the Korean army (which is confusing since I don't think Korea allows dual citizenship). Just messy, messy, messy all around the Korean volleyball scene. :sos:

Pepper just can't catch a break; they may become the lowest-ranking team by the coming season again.

his wife got a job on the opposite side of the USA... maybe that was an issue? (or he's going to join her? idk lol)

• his wife got a job on the opposite side of the USA... maybe that was an issue? (or he's going to join her? idk lol)

Well, maybe. It's all speculation really. But I remember he's gonna be paid 300,000 dollars yearly (3 years) for his contract with Peppers, so unless his wife makes more... (IDK if this is good money for a coach but I assume so).

• his wife got a job on the opposite side of the USA... maybe that was an issue? (or he's going to join her? idk lol)

If this is really the reason then it's a horrible excuse and a lack of professionalism on his part

I was expecting it to be a family medical issue or something for which he had no choice for

• Finally! KOVO decides to change the official volleyball ball from Star to Mikasa, to be implemented in the upcoming KOVO Cup match next month (as a side note, they are also changing the uniforms from Fila to Mizuno). This is good news because many players have already been commenting about how they find it difficult to adjust playing from Star to the FIVB Regulated Balls thus this will at least make them play up to standard.

Also in the same article, it seems KOVO Cup will start inviting international teams to play again this year (hoping for Japan, China, or Thailand teams this year). I remember last year a Japanese team was supposed to play in KOVO Cup but canceled because of Covid-19.

• I remember last year a Japanese team was supposed to play in KOVO Cup but canceled because of Covid-19.

I wonder if it was really due to covid or because Korea didn't want to lose to a Japanese team (without foreign players) #conspiracytheories :whistle:

The change in the volleyball is long awaited, but if they really think this could help improve the performance of their National teams on the international stage by much... they would be disappointed

• I just asked someone, it wasnt about his wife.

Well there was talk about it being related to his dual citizenship and a potential problem with having to serve in the military before a certain age.

Of course the club refuted that but there's some debate on it due to the change in law recently.

• Well there was talk about it being related to his dual citizenship and a potential problem with having to serve in the military before a certain age.

Of course the club refuted that but there's some debate on it due to the change in law recently.

the club wanted him to get Korean citizenship. He said no.